Sign in to follow this  
tamafan325

stuff you regret doing to/doing with your tamas?

Oh lord, I remember when I completely waterlogged two Tamagotchi minis and a Black and Red v3 with a gardening hose out of curiosity (I was only 8).They were my first Tamas to! I still have the minis (even though they're unusable), but the v3 is long gone.

I also debugged my favorite Tamagotchi, my graffiti v3, and took it apart so much it stopped working.

Edited by Kajah995

I constantly debugged/undebugged my yellow V3 to the point that the sound wires quit working. I want to get them soldered back on because it was my first Tamagotchi.

Once, I accidentally dropped my Ruby Red V5 in coca-cola!!! I dried it out for a few months (i was a very paranoid child scared of electrocution) and surprisingly enough, when I put a new battery in it worked! I actually have it next to me right now. The Tamagotchi certainly looks battered, and I regret the negative treatment it has gotten but hey, I can't turn back time.
My P's both recieved a lot of battering because I was frustrated with the buttons. Since then I've tried to never ever take out my frustration on my electronics except for the ones I don't care about.

There was also the time I accidentally got hand sanitizer on my V5 melody pattern. It made the very bottom of the screen permanently fog up, so now it's difficult to see whether it needs attention or not.

When I got my first Tamagotchi, I raised her without caring about the hungry and happy hearts. I thought that the outlined hearts had to disappear for the Tama to need food or to play games. Harley died because of my ignorance. I've also let multiple Tamagotchis die on me or reset them myself because I lost the time to take care of them.

When I keep dropping my 4U on the ground by accident. I really don't want it to break. I cannot break my first color Tamagotchi.

I regret not having my 1st tama anymore, the one I got when they were first introduced to america.

Another thing I regret is not putting screen protectors on my color tamas. Definitely gonna start doing that.

My first ever v4.5 was SACRED to me and I let it get stolen :(

I dropped it in water too, but I saved that little UraMametchi. Then it was stolen UURG

Stupid bullies...

Painting them >.< I really wish I didn't, but I was young and bored.

i regret attempting to debug my v3 and breaking it and i regret misplacing my two v4.5s :(

When I had my V3 (with my favorite shell design, too), I was obsessed with debugging and getting into the guts of it. There was one point when I was still being as careful as I could (I used a tiny screwdriver and tweezers to do everything so my dirty fingers didn't mess anything up), I decided to change the backdrop and somehow the wires that made the display work came undone. I tried to fix it the best I could, but I was officially dead. TTnTT I still have the device, hoping that I can fix it one of these days...

I now wish I had kept my childhood Tamagotchi Angel.

When the tamagotchi v5 came out I wanted it so badly! No one would buy me one though. So I took apart my tamagotchi 4.5 and told my grandmother that I broke it and added a bit of crying. She bought me the v5 to make me feel better. I regret this so much because I lost my tamagotchi v5 and my v4.5 is in pieces. RIP

• Like 1

I have a scratch on my Id L's screen (It was my first colour so i didn't know to put a screen protector on) but I'm planning on buying some Displex to fix it.

As of two days ago : bringing my v4 in from the rain. It's dead.

As of two days ago : bringing my v4 in from the rain. It's dead.

I did something similar just a few days ago but my problem was with sun.

So I brought my tamas (V4.5 and V3) outside with me and put them in the shade so I could hear them if they called for me. Then we started filling water balloons for the 4th of July weekend. After about 20 minutes we headed inside, I go to get my tamas and THE SUN WAS BEATING DOWN ON THEM! (And I had put them in a place with a lot of shade, so the sun had moved really fast). I quickly picked them up and they burned my hands. Then I noticed their pixels were DARK black. I rushed inside to take their batteries out and let them cool in front of the air conditioner for 45 minutes. After putting new batteries in them the moment of truth had come... they still worked! It's been a few days and they are still working just fine. ^_^ Sorry for the long story... :rolleyes:

So I brought my tamas (V4.5 and V3) outside with me and put them in the shade so I could hear them if they called for me. Then we started filling water balloons for the 4th of July weekend. After about 20 minutes we headed inside, I go to get my tamas and THE SUN WAS BEATING DOWN ON THEM! (And I had put them in a place with a lot of shade, so the sun had moved really fast). I quickly picked them up and they burned my hands. Then I noticed their pixels were DARK black. I rushed inside to take their batteries out and let them cool in front of the air conditioner for 45 minutes. After putting new batteries in them the moment of truth had come... they still worked! It's been a few days and they are still working just fine. ^_^ Sorry for the long story... :rolleyes:

A long story with a happy ending is completely fine. I'm so glad that your's still work.

• Like 1

Bless technology that can be soothed with a little tlc :) I'm glad they're back!

• Like 1

When I got my first v4 around the year 2007, I used to chew on the antenna and now it has permanent bitey-markings around the ball thing. I also half accidentally scratched off many letters of the word Tamagotchi on the top, so it says just 'Tamago' now.

I also really, really regret it how I ruined the tiny screws of my original Tamagotchi (v1?) by using a too large screwdriver. The + markings of the screws are completely destroyed now, and I have no idea how to get them out or change them. :(

Edited by Coryn Asur