Sign in to follow this  
Carol_tama

New Release: Tamagotchi 4U (Sep. 27th)

did you go to the second icon on the 4u and select the third option? also i think the sweet spot is somewhere around the middle, try to move the 4u over it slowly and see if it reacts

I just realized something from watching all the YouTube vids on the NFC app thing. Everyone's tamagotchi is in their adult stage. Mine is currently still in the toddler/teenager stage. Is this the problem?

Edited by rae1001

no i don't think so.

i actually have a question for you guys as well xD
so uh, the left "bottom" pin meant to click the faceplate on of 4u's faceplate is kinda disappearing, it's like....how should i say...you could refer toit as "erosion" kinda, and the left bottom pin doesn't click in anymore, it doesn't say click at all, you can even push the left side of the facepate a little up and down. so only the right bottom pin keeps it in place (if the right bottom pin breaks, you can kinda slide the faceplate off, as the two top pins only need to be slided in)

does anyone know how i can fix this without glue? because in the future i may want to change the faceplate, but i still want to be able to use this one as well

So my backyard changed which confirms my tamagotchi is recognizing the nfc but my phone won't react so I can't send downloads. I also get cute animations on my tamagotchi when I'm trying to send things over. Anyone else have this issue and fix it to get downloads to send?

Also can I order my 4U anniversary yet lol

ME TOO!!!

I keep getting animations of random characters opening a window and talking to me. I have no clue what they're saying but it happens only when I attempt to connect the phone to the tamagotchi. And yes, my backyard has changed as well. I'm pretty sure the characters are trying to tell us something important.... Hmmmm...

the backyard changes as well for me! i read about iton carol's blog and tried it out for myself, and when you bring the 4u close to a phone with its NFC on, it indeed changes! very neat imo :D

This has been discussed before as I was the one to mention it when you tap a NFC enabled phone with your 4u the following things could occur

Door animation with text

Your Tama goes to future dream town

Your Tama goes to patchi forest

Your Tama plays outside

4th mini game (slot machine) is activated earn up to 300 GP and a bonus coupon or oyajitchi bromide

Your house of course changes depending on how many times you've bumped in general smartphone NFC or not.

If your s5 isn't working make sure the following things you have rae1001

Your battery is the original that came with your phone

NFC is enabled

Wifi or mobile data is connected

Once app is opened click 通信仕方 which is the pink button

Follow all prompts by clicking the つぎ button which is also pink

click one of the pink buttons after that and click はい when a notification icon appears

Go to 4Uアプリ selection on your 4u

Put your 4u against the back of the 4u if needed take the back cover of and place it on the BATTERY the battery itself is the NFC port

The screen should hen shrink.

If you've done all that and tried to register your 4u but failed.....I dunno.

some brands just don't seem to be compatible with the 4u app though :/

i've not heard of a single samsung phone being compatible

The s5 a samsung phone is the only one we know of to be compatible other than the nexus 7 tablet, I'm also thinking the samsung note 4 will be becuase it's a really new phone.

Thanks Furbitchi, tried everything but still can't. App is always stuck on the step 1 screen. I give up. Shall resort to touch cards for new content or if I get my hands on someone else's S5 or Nexus 7.

As I suspected, my mom's Samsung Galaxy S4 doesn't work. Tapping doesn't do anything. Sadly, buying a new phone/tablet just for this is not an option, with 2$ minimum wage we don't sleep on the money here... And I prefer iPhones to samsungs, so when I get a new offer I'd rather get an iPhone than Samsung s5 too.... dang, it's so complicated. I really want the downloads, but I doubt they all will be on the cards...

I'm an iphone user too. Sad that this is how they want to make it. Oh well..

Android is really big in Singapore so i'm gonna try it on every S5/Note3/Sony phone that my friends are using. Hahaha.

Oh, just saw someone selling the Rolatchi touch card for $32 on Ebay. 0.o

Copied from Tinkerville on TamaZone

QUOTE (Mr.Blinky @ Oct 20 2014, 05:24 PM)

Note this is still a theory and needs to be confirmed. It would be great to test for those who have used their Rolatchi Card already on two 4Us and try it out on a third one to confirm this theory.

Woohoo... THREE 4U's ON ONE CARD CONFIRMED! :-D

I have three 4U's (white, pink and purple). And before trying my Rolatchi card, I reset all three of the tamas and started over.

I gave my Pink and Purple ones the SAME name and birthdate. And I gave my White one (the third one) a different name and birthdate.

And great news...I was able to connect all 3 tamas to ONE Rolatchi card and download ALL of its data.

That means the cards are technically capable of communicating with an unlimited number of 4U's. As long as we limit our 4U's to just the two names/dates that the card will register.

I always enter in the same name (アイゲル) and the same birthday (November 26th) so that shouldn't be a problem for me.

I can confirm the name/birthday trick works for the 4U app as well, I have two different usernames registered and was able to connect a third 4U with the same username and birthday without a problem.

Something's happening on Nov 23rd!

Got this pic from yukitchi357's instagram.

A birth festival?!? Bad Jap. Someone help translate please.

idzvqt.png

November 23rd is the tamagotchi anniversary.

So a special event is happening at the mall?? Is anyone going? Please take pictures and share with us!!

I'm an iphone user too. Sad that this is how they want to make it. Oh well..

Android is really big in Singapore so i'm gonna try it on every S5/Note3/Sony phone that my friends are using. Hahaha.

Oh, just saw someone selling the Rolatchi touch card for $32 on Ebay. 0.o

Did you register your 4U? I believe that the opening window animation is a connection test of sorts; that was all I could get to happen before I registered my 4U to the app.