Sign in to follow this  
Carol_tama

New Release: Tamagotchi 4U (Sep. 27th)

Rae, are you in europe? If so, the 4U app wont woek due to the difFErent NFC frequency

Nope. I'm in Singapore.

Tempted to buy a Nexus 7 though. It seems like a really cool tablet.

Oh Speaking of, I was wondering if anyone is making a Tamalog for the 4u I'd love to follow it.

XqRkfjq.png

Thanks for these scans. Can anyone read if this means you need to have raised all 10 characters before you get their items? Whenever I meet a prior raised Tama at the park they just play ball.

Edited by wesley_13j

I actually posted that scan on the Facebook group. Yes it says that after getting the 10 character stamps, the characters will appear in the park to sell you the items (I believe.)

Oh Speaking of, I was wondering if anyone is making a Tamalog for the 4u I'd love to follow it.

i think there are a number of people with 4U logs.

I follow OldSchoolTama. Very informative with all the pictures and regular updates too.

Noob question: what's a tamalog? Is it like a guide? I got a 4U but haven't powered it up yet. Looking for a good guide.

I also don't feel like the cards are overpriced. They come with plenty of content and a pretty nice faceplate to customize the 4U to boot, I'd pay it anytime.

Really? What if the faceplate that comes with it is one that you hate? You'd still gladly pay $20 for that? What if you're a "manly" guy and the faceplate is all frilly and girly? What if a lot of them are like that?

What if they release 20 or more cards, but you only have one or two tamagotchis? Do you really need 20 something faceplates for 2 tamas?

Are you really going to want to spend around $400 (total) for that many faceplates if you don't even want that many?

Now that I think of it, the problem isn't really the price of the cards. I agree that $20 for a faceplate that you LOVE plus the digital content, is a reasonable price.

The problem is that there isn't a choice to buy the cards separately. I guarantee that there are going to be faceplates that some people hate, but have to pay for anyway, and I guarantee that they're not going to be thrilled with that after awhile.

However, I agree with your comment about the fact that these things were, in fact, intended for people living in Japan, and that does make a huge difference. I often forget that ;)

But even for them, I have a feeling that some of them will have the same issue...wanting the physical card instead of kiosk content (that might be gone someday) but the card might have a faceplate that they hate.

I think if we were not going to have the option to buy the cards solo, then a better idea would've been to package the cards with two or three DIFFERENT faceplate options to choose from. That would at least give people the option to not get stuck with a plate that they hate.

PS: to your first comment about them having "plenty of content"... No they don't. 4 things is not "plenty", and definitely not $20 worth.

We can get full length games on our iPhone's or Android phones for only 2 or 3 dollars. Or physical PSP or 3DS games for the price of two of those cards.

• Like 1

Look the price is all relative...to those of us that collect everything tama-related and don't mind paying 10 bucks for more content, it's a no-brainer to buy these. The same thing happened with the pierces when the P's came out (which also may have been ugly to some, yet they had to get them anyway for the content.)

Bottom line: if you don't like it, don't buy it. Same goes for the 4U. I personally think it has about the same amount of content as the TMGC+C, which everyone seems to love, without the downloads. The downloads are an added bonus unique to this tama. Don't like it? Great go buy a different version but don't put down those of us who like this one.

Don't like it? Great go buy a different version but don't put down those of us who like this one.

Are you stupid or something? I wasn't putting down people who like the 4U. I like the 4U. I bought three of them, plus faceplates, plus digital content from the app. So I obviously don't have any problem shelling out the money for them.

I wasn't even putting the cards down. I was merely saying that $20 is too high for the amount of digital content on those cards.

I'm not talking about whether someone MINDS paying that much. I'm talking about VALUE. There are probably people who wouldn't mind paying $100 for one. That doesn't mean it's actually worth that much.

Edited by Tinkerville
  • Like 1

No, I'm not stupid and I resent that statement. The way you've been reacting to people saying they think there's enough built in content, or that they're happy paying for the touch cards, it seems like you dislike both the 4U and the cards both for their price and lack of content, which is why I assumed you viewed them negatively.

What something is worth to anyone is relative. If I believe a certain item is worth $400 and pay that much for it, great. It may not be worth that much to anyone else, but that doesn't matter. That's the point I was making. People that believe the cards/paid downloads are worth it will pay. Others won't. Life goes on.

Edited by SakuraLove
  • Like 2

Guys... Please don't fight. *poofs away in dusty pink puff*

• Like 2

People are allowed to share opinions, negative or positive. Why's it okay for people to constantly bash the Tamagotchi Friends but not say a word against Japanese color Tamagotchis? :)

• Like 3

People are allowed to share opinions, negative or positive. Why's it okay for people to constantly bash the Tamagotchi Friends but not say a word against Japanese color Tamagotchis? :)

Can you please just stop complaining about that you're getting annoying, no one cares about that topic anymore this is the 4u not the TF you whine becuase people aren't forcing themselves to like something for the sake of it that was poorly attempted to be made for them.

anyway bottom line to all of you is it's a two way decision so why complain!? You get to choose to get the faceplate and downlaods or just the downloads that's why the app gives you the pay online option and it's great, almost like bandai were thinking of it's overseas fans as some of us can't get both these things.

Majority seem to like the 4u anyway so get on with your lives and stop complaing when we have so many options to get the content we want thanks to bandai Japan.

Edit: I'm gonna end this now to all who say that the 4u has little features.

Unlimited raisable characters.

Clothes and accessories

Items

Training

Skill training

Food

Snacks

Home renovation

Outdoor house renovation

Outdoor features

Touch spot random animations

4-unlimited amount of obtainable and built in games

Profiles

Actually fully interact with your tamagotchi (eg talk ability)

Care characters

Park characters including secret characters

Message sending

Connection game

Profile exchange

App connectivity

Touch spot connectivity

Is the 4u still seeming featureless yet? Certainly has a bunch more than the TF ever could.

Edited by furbitchi

Hey guys! Ive got some questions:

You know if CDJapan or HLJ uses to mark the packages as gift and with a lower money value?? Cause Im really worried about customs taxes :(

What will happen with us the people who cant use the app?

I mean, arent we going to have any extra content from the outside?

Its really expensive to pay like 25$ (on ebay) for a card with 3 or 4 simple things....it would be great to have a way to download things from the app, someone put them on the internet so people could transfer them into their tama in some way.....you know if Mr.Blinky is planning something?

Noob question: what's a tamalog? Is it like a guide? I got a 4U but haven't powered it up yet. Looking for a good guide.

That is the impression I have from seeing Tamalogs, something like a guide or a walkthrough. I'm always interested in those cause I usually get surprised with something I didn't know was possible.

Can you please just stop complaining about that you're getting annoying, no one cares about that topic anymore this is the 4u not the TF you whine becuase people aren't forcing themselves to like something for the sake of it that was poorly attempted to be made for them.

anyway bottom line to all of you is it's a two way decision so why complain!? You get to choose to get the faceplate and downlaods or just the downloads that's why the app gives you the pay online option and it's great, almost like bandai were thinking of it's overseas fans as some of us can't get both these things.

Majority seem to like the 4u anyway so get on with your lives and stop complaing when we have so many options to get the content we want thanks to bandai Japan.

Edit: I'm gonna end this now to all who say that the 4u has little features.

Unlimited raisable characters.

Clothes and accessories

Items

Training

Skill training

Food

Snacks

Home renovation

Outdoor house renovation

Outdoor features

Touch spot random animations

4-unlimited amount of obtainable and built in games

Profiles

Actually fully interact with your tamagotchi (eg talk ability)

Care characters

Park characters including secret characters

Message sending

Connection game

Profile exchange

App connectivity

Touch spot connectivity

Is the 4u still seeming featureless yet? Certainly has a bunch more than the TF ever could.

Breaking news: For the millionth time, your opinions aren't facts. Most of those features don't matter to me and all I want is a TAMAGOTCHI, not some kind of fancy iphone. Japan ruined Tamagotchi and took away what was the most charming about it.

Edited by Eternal Mametchi Fan
  • Like 2

i actually love the 4U to b honest, only has 2 flaws imo:

- the tamas can't visit eachother anymore (which i learned today in this topic)

- the downloads being so hard to get

for the rest i'd say it's perfect

Edited by tamafan325
  • Like 2