Sign in to follow this  
Carol_tama

New Release: Tamagotchi 4U (Sep. 27th)

O_O

Oh wow I want to try this.

I just turned on the NFC on my 2014 DROID MAXX and tapped my Tama 4U against the back when the touch spot icon popped up on my Tama screen. So far I have gotten 6 different characters opening shutters, and saying something, and on the fourth, my Mametchi went though a door that appeared in the sky, (Dr Who anyone?) and visited outer space (Future TamaWorld). Also he's walked to school with a couple of other characters, and sat in that hot springs tub thing with the bear. So far no slot machine.

NOW. Does this mean if I can get the app, it will work on my Phone? Or is this it?

EDIT for link: Just found this page.. http://www.nfcworld.com/nfc-phones-list/

Edited by Nytshaed

I just turned on the NFC on my 2014 DROID MAXX and tapped my Tama 4U against the back when the touch spot icon popped up on my Tama screen. So far I have gotten 6 different characters opening shutters, and saying something, and on the fourth, my Mametchi went though a door that appeared in the sky, (Dr Who anyone?) and visited outer space (Future TamaWorld). Also he's walked to school with a couple of other characters, and sat in that hot springs tub thing with the bear. So far no slot machine.

NOW. Does this mean if I can get the app, it will work on my Phone? Or is this it?

If your phone has nfc I recommend getting the app and trying it out since its a 2014 model it has a pretty good chance at working!

If your phone has FeliCa NFC, it will work

Would it be possible for someone to post a link to the app or email it to me please? I would love to see if I can get it to work on my DROID, and will of course report progress, or failure? Thanks!

Nytie

nytshaed at g mail dot com

EDIT: I have the app installed both on my Samsung Galaxy 3 Tablet, and my Droid MAXX but neither came seem to be able to register the Tama 4U to the app. Well, it seems the Galaxy 3 does NOT have NFC, so that settles that.

Help?

Edited by Nytshaed

EDIT: I have the app installed both on my Samsung Galaxy 3 Tablet, and my Droid MAXX but neither came seem to be able to register the Tama 4U to the app. Well, it seems the Galaxy 3 does NOT have NFC, so that settles that.

Help?

This is a common problem, as so far the only confirmed non-Japanese phones that work with transferring to the 4U are the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the Nexus 7 (2013).

So unfortunately, even though you are able to install the app and download the items, you may not be able to transfer them to the 4U.

Does the 4U notice the NFC at all? If it does, there should be an animation of some kind that plays.

Really weird thing happened I got an anniversary 4U and it wouldn't transfer items from the app on my s5 for some reason but when I did it from my original 4U it worked perfect within a matter of seconds actually. I ended up having to delete the app and reinstall it. Which is very odd but it is working just fine now. Has anyone else had this problem?

Edited by Delaney0213

Really weird thing happened I got an anniversary 4U and it wouldn't transfer items from the app on my s5 for some reason but when I did it from my original 4U it worked perfect within a matter of seconds actually. I ended up having to delete the app and reinstall it. Which is very odd but it is working just fine now. Has anyone else had this problem?

I found my Anniversary 4U had a harder time picking up the NFC signal on my Nexus compared to my other 4U's but not to the point that it wouldn't transfer. Lots of "please bring the devices together" messages though, this never happens on my original 4U's.

Has anyone tried using a Sony Xperia Z1? I'll be getting my 4U soon (before Christmas) and my sister has that phone. It's the only phone I can borrow that has NFC.

Please tell me if somebody knows!

Has anyone tried using a Sony Xperia Z1? I'll be getting my 4U soon (before Christmas) and my sister has that phone. It's the only phone I can borrow that has NFC.

Please tell me if somebody knows!

No. The Xperia Z1 does not work. Sorry :(

No. The Xperia Z1 does not work. Sorry :(

Aw :/ That's sad. Downloads are just extras. Glad to have a 4U, still :) Thanks for letting me know!

Would love to get my hands on one of these new babies. Never got a Tama P, because they seem very similar to the Tama Go, and I never liked extra pieces when playing.

The P's is VERY VERY VERY different to the Tamazgo, as in much much better, I have a P's with no pierces and its fun enough :)

Otherwise, I advise getting a 4U of you're busy, or a P's if you have lots of time and wanting lots of features

• Like 1

Lots of time I got! I'm unemployed, and I have 4 tamas running right now lol. Just need $$ for the tamas.

Would love to get my hands on one of these new babies. Never got a Tama P, because they seem very similar to the Tama Go, and I never liked extra pieces when playing.

You should consider the iD L! It's my favorite tamagotchi to date. :) The P's is awesome but all of the extra pieces are a little overwhelming for me, the iD L is nice because everything is built in and there's tons to unlock as you progress (ex. new destinations, wallpapers, etc. when you achieve a certain number of TamaTomos). Also, out of all the color tamas I prefer the iD L's shell design the most. It's the most visually pleasing and ergonomic in my opinion!

Edited by Antiscian Cats

just to let you all know the s5 australian doesnt work with the app :( so annoying I'll have to get a japanese phone.

Does anyone know what the exact difference is between the regular 4U and the anniversary version (aside from the faceplate and colors, of course)?

Does anyone know what the exact difference is between the regular 4U and the anniversary version (aside from the faceplate and colors, of course)?

The difference is the faceplate, colour shell and the box.... Pretty empty anniversary edition but I understand it is becuase they are trying. To have people focus on the one 4u at hand and not effect sales by introducing a special new tamagotchi so soon.