Sign in to follow this  
Carol_tama

New Release: Tamagotchi 4U (Sep. 27th)

If major conglomerate Bandai decided to block the official app outside Japan then they can quite easily put a cease and desist on Mr Blinkys unofficial one. Thus no app outside Japan altogether.

Its not being rude to Mr Blinky. I am greatful for all he's done, but theres no point arguing that theres no risk here when there clearly is.

If he where able to build an app from scratch that shared no official downloads then that would be different. As it stands the app currently shares trademarked items through a mod of a trademarked app. If Bandai choose to then this could A) see the app shut down B) Get Mr Blinky himself into serious legal trouble.

• Like 1

Okay guys this thread was meant to be for 4U news, the english app has its own thread, so please if you are going to keep the discussion do it there? thanks xD

http://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/190912-tamagotchi-4u-english-app/

I'll reply to everything app related in there in amoment~

I don't disagree with you about the legalities. And I'm not advocating illegal practices either.

But the simple truth is, Mr.Blinky's app wouldn't ruin anything for us, because everything in the official app would be available in the modded app. And Bandai can't block access to that one because the content would be on his server, not Bandai's. So why is everyone afraid to lose access to the official app? I don't get it.

Again, I'm not commenting about the legal or moral issues of it. I'm just curious to know what everyone is afraid of losing.

I don't get it either, honestly. Let them keep working on the English app. As long as they're not providing for free any items that the official app charges money for, then they're not pirating product.

I don't get it either, honestly. Let them keep working on the English app. As long as they're not providing for free any items that the official app charges money for, then they're not pirating product.

Mr Blinky modified the app. He used Bandai's property (Bandai's app) to create the English version. This is illegal. Bandai have also asked us to not modify the app or we will loose access to it. It's not about providing content for free, it's the fact that we can loose access to the app and potentially all Tamagotchi apps in future releases.

Speaking of the app, Lovesoratchi is technically available, however you have to pay 300 yen.

Don't you guys see that they've ALREADY locked us out? Long before MrBlinky modded the app. Bandai created a whole NEW app that we can't use, for a reason. THAT'S where all the good content is going. The old Japanese app (that we're using now) is just getting tiny crap...hardly anything.

Why do you think they let us use the old app? Because they knew that all the "cool" content would be in the new one.

And they didn't do that because of MrBlinky. They made that new app way before MrBlinky started modding the old one. And don't forget that it was all of us that were begging and encouraging MrBlinky to mod the app. So it's wrong to criticize him for doing something we encouraged.

And let me repeat, I am not advocating illegal practices or even commenting on the legal or moral issues of this matter. All I'm saying is that if you don't want to use his app, that's fine. But no more criticizing the one person who's done more for us than we ever dreamed.

Edited by Tinkerville
  • Like 4

The other discussions regarding the English 4 U hack have been closed. Please read this post: http://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/190912-tamagotchi-4u-english-app/?p=3302786 and avoid further discussion of a potentially illegal app on this site. Thanks.

Edit: I have hidden some subsequent posts because they continue to refer to subject matter that we have asked is no longer discussed on TamaTalk.

If you wish to post further on topic discussion about the 4U that does not relate to a hack on the Bandai app or persons involved in the hack, please do so, but I am asking everyone again please to stop discussing this on TamaTalk.

Edited by TamaMum
  • Like 1

The other discussions regarding the English 4 U hack have been closed. Please read this post: http://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/190912-tamagotchi-4u-english-app/?p=3302786 and avoid further discussion of a potentially illegal app on this site. Thanks.
Yes, I completely agree. I don't want to discuss the app or it's legalities. My main concern is just not seeing a valued member of the community criticized for something that he was encouraged to do by us.
  • Like 1

Yes, I completely agree. I don't want to discuss the app or it's legalities. My main concern is just not seeing a valued member of the community criticized for something that he was encouraged to do by us.

The only reason we asked Mr Blinky to discontinue the app is because of the issues that he himself could get into, as well as the rest of the Tamagotchi community.

Anyway, now that it's all been resolved, we can go back to enjoying the 4U as intended :)

The app is not disabled. It's fine. He didn't fiddle with it despite Bandai telling him not to. He modded the app and then found out afterward that Bandai was upset about it.

So everyone please stop acting like MrBlinky did something that's going to make Bandai punish everyone. He was trying to help us. And everyone here was thrilled about it. As far as Bandai punishing us?... We wouldn't even HAVE the app to begin with if it wasn't for MrBlinky and Takura (who caught heat for the first app).

But he continues to despite Bandai said they do not allow it. That is what I meant. And they were clear about punishing everyone outside Japan if someone would modify it by cutting us off.

Of course everyone was thrilled, including myself when I first heard about it. But since this can cause more damage than advantages, I guess it would be best for it to stop.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see the rest of the posts before I hit the "post your reply" button.

Edited by Carleesi

You must be tired of people asking this but I have a Zopo998 with NFC and Android 4.2.2. I tried to install the japanese 4U app and everything went fine, but when I run it, a screen pops saying this: 本アプリは、ご利用の環境で使用 することはできません.

I don't know what it says and hoe to solve that error. Any ideas?

Your device is rooted, you have to unroot it with rootcloak or something

Thank you *Hayden*, but my cellphone is not rooted T^T idk what happens

EDIT: Ok, It seems that it's definitely rooted. I tried to use Xposed and Rootcloak but it says that can't be activated due incompatibility with Aliyun OS (I never heard about that) I'm a newbie in smartphones.

EDIT2: I just learned how to install a new ROM, also did the Rootcloack thingy and the app runs perfectly :D I can't wait to have my Tama and check if the connection works with my cellphone. Thank you so much *Hayden*

Edited by erinea

I don't know if anybody already said this but it looks like Princess Tamakoko is downloadable now.

Anyone seen this? Left lower corner - A RED 4U??? *___*

kvMGnS5.jpg

I am pretty sure that is a pink... If it was red, it would cost more because red tends to be limited edition/special for colors. Plus, with all the stuff over it, it could darken the light reflection that is being shown.

Sailor...I thought the same...but that would be neat!