Sign in to follow this  
Crikeys

Languages other than English?

My native language is Finnish but I've been speaking English since 3rd grade (I'm 21 now). Other than that, I only understand Swedish (I can't speak it but I do understand it somewhat when others speak or write it) and some Japanese.

• Like 1

My mother language is Cantonese, but i'm trying to be fluent in English(i study at a local school so there's basically no chance for me to communicate with someone in English irl lol) but i really want to speak English well, guess i'll start talking to my reflection 😂😂

I know a bit of Spanish, and I know some Japanese, but I'm not an expert, I'm still a beginer. I can only translate a few words.

Edited by MarshyMellow

I'm taking it in school and I can have a good conversation with others.

thankfully, I've achieved a high level of language proficiency in my native tongues English, Mandarin Chinese, and Teochew (of Min Nan) Chinese I read, write, and speak to some degree French and Japanese, but I just read and write Swedish

I really want to learn how to speak Japanese... I only know a few words...

I've been teaching myself German lately because the language sounds cool to me XD I already know quite a lot of it, though I don't know what I need it for.

My first language is English (woo exciting), and I'm learning Japanese at school. I've only been learning for one and a half years, and I'm not that great yet. I know all of Hiragana and will know all of katakana in a couple weeks (we started learning it in class this year) (idk what the definition of this year is for you guys because terms in America are different to Australia but in Australia school started like 5 weeks ago) and yeah I teach myself a little bit of French too.