Why do people overprice Tamagotchis

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
On ebay or anywhere. Why do people wish to sell their bad-condition Connection Tamagotchis for astronomical amounts of money? :)

In local classifieds I see people selling really beat-up common Tamagotchis for $70 - $80.

Why

Is it because they hope people don't know much about Tamagotchis and will pay lots of money for one?

Or is it because they don't know much about Tamagotchis themselves and assume they're worth their weight in gold?

I don't know what to say to people who overprice Tamagotchis so much. Someone needs to tell them they're being ridiculous but I don't have the heart to do that.

Probably a little bit of both. It's supply and demand. If they're rare and in demand, it'll be a high price. If common and not in demand, they'll be cheap. Locals who don't buy online might be tempted to buy at a high price because of rarity in their immediate area.

I think it's some of both, as well. I think people want to scam people out of money if they can fool people into thinking that Tamagotchi's are worth much more than they really are, after all, for most people they are a fad that has largely died out. I see people overcharging for other things all the time in other places, too, maybe out of ignorance of what something's really worth. I just want to link those people to a simple ebay search of "tamagotchi" and look at what they're going for. I'm sorry, but you aren't gonna get $75 for your v4, even NIB.

Some random person on Kijiji was selling some out of package/good condition v3s/V4s/v4.5s/V5s/V5.5s/V6s for $30-40... each. I messaging them, offering $40 total for 6 Tamas. They messaged me back, saying that ''$30-40 is the average price for used Connections on Ebay. I've checked.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back