Is it possible to obtain a Shaymin through GTS trading?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think I will get the Pokemon of my dreams?

• There may be a small chance you will get it.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Nope, you might as well give up. No Shaymin can be traded for your Chimchar.

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChamametchiandMametchi

Reaction score
Like, what are the odds in getting one if you deposit a starter into the GTS?

Here's the Pokemon I am trading for a Shaymin:

Chimchar_XY.gif

A Chimchar, but it's female. I have heard that you can get Legendary Pokemon using starters from different regions altogether (Sinnoh, Johto, Unova, etc.) in the GTS.

Shaymin's my main target, but I haven't been able to check the GTS for a few days, so I have no idea if my Chimchar was traded or not.

I usually search for Legendary Pokemon that I want to get a hold of, and certain Legendary Pokemon are in the GTS (ex. Groudon and Rayquaza), but when I searched "Shaymin", it picked up nothing.

So, will there be a chance? Or will I just get duped again and not get the Shaymin at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is 0% chance to get it. Why? Because the GTS blocks event pokemon like Shaymin. You can ask for it. But if someone wants to trade it they get the message : This is an special pokemon you cant trade it. And this is also the reason you cant find any.

There is 0% chance to get it. Why? Because the GTS blocks event pokemon like Shaymin. You can ask for it. But if someone wants to trade it they get the message : This is an special pokemon you cant trade it. And this is also the reason you cant find any.
I know that they block Shaymin, but are there other ways to get it? Like transfer or something?

Yes you can get it by :

Transferring it from pokemon black white black2 or white2.

Or just by normal trading.

Wow. A Chimchar. So NOT worth a Shaymin. If trading were that easy, I would already have the Mew and Jirachi I want.

Wow. A Chimchar. So NOT worth a Shaymin. If trading were that easy, I would already have the Mew and Jirachi I want.
Heck, at least give me some credit for TRYING to GET a Shaymin. XD I got a Reshiram for my Quilava once, so it is possible to trade starters for Legendaries, just not event Pokemon. I know that now, but they should at least make an event for Shaymin for Pokemon X and Y.

Its possible. It would be more likely from a wonder trade. I have gotten some decent pokes from there, but not any legendaries. I have one from an event that traded over with bank. Its worth the payment for using pokemon bank. I got lots of my pokemon back/transferred. (mew, shaymin, starters, manaphy...etc) I might wonder trade phiones one day. That would likely be worth the shaymin.

I see people trading legendaries for weird stuff during the day. It happens, so dissing what is offered may not be a good idea.

Would it add to the pokedex battling? I haven't batled since Diamond ages ago... You may not own it, but you will have seen it. I have loads that could be added that way, if it works.

Its possible. It would be more likely from a wonder trade. I have gotten some decent pokes from there, but not any legendaries. I have one from an event that traded over with bank. Its worth the payment for using pokemon bank. I got lots of my pokemon back/transferred. (mew, shaymin, starters, manaphy...etc) I might wonder trade phiones one day. That would likely be worth the shaymin.

I see people trading legendaries for weird stuff during the day. It happens, so dissing what is offered may not be a good idea.

Would it add to the pokedex battling? I haven't batled since Diamond ages ago... You may not own it, but you will have seen it. I have loads that could be added that way, if it works.
So I can get a Shaymin by Wonder Trade? Hmmm...never tried that method before! I'll try it and see what happens.

I would think it would be a greater chance. I see lots of random posts of people getting legendaries. (such as easy to obtain ones) Its still very slim. You could sit there for the next week wonder trading and not come up with anything, but then again, there have been kind people stuffing good pokemon in the wonder trades. Even shiny are a win when it comes to wonder trading.

I would think it would be a greater chance. I see lots of random posts of people getting legendaries. (such as easy to obtain ones) Its still very slim. You could sit there for the next week wonder trading and not come up with anything, but then again, there have been kind people stuffing good pokemon in the wonder trades. Even shiny are a win when it comes to wonder trading.
That seems good! I'll try it even though the chances are kinda slim. Thanks for your feedback. ^^

I doubt you can add event legendaries to Wonder Trade, if you can't put them in the GTS (though don't quote me on that.) Your best bet is to find someone online on a pokemon forum who is offering a Shaymin and work out a deal and then trade privately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back