Is my tamagotchi fake?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cassiem

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First off, sorry if this is in the wrong place- I am new to this forum (but for some reason, signed up in 2006, lol).

I recently wanted to purchase a tamagotchi again to relive the nostalgia. I did my research and bought what I thought was a genuine tama from ebay - sealed in packaging. I looked over the packaging carefully and it appeared to be genuine; no broken english, all the right logos, etc. I got the tamagotchi and everything seemed perfectly normal with the tama itself - it had the correct evolutions and features.

However I noticed today that it is missing the "Tamagotchi connexion" writing on the top. Does this mean it's a fake? Here are the pictures of the packaging from the auction, and my pictures of it I took today.

_57_zps30eeac88.jpg

_571_zps571a6ebe.jpg

image3_zps5d674b65.jpeg

this next one might be hard to see, but this is the writing on the back:

© bandai, wiz 2004

bandai 2004

made in china

image_zpsb1814896.jpeg

That's not fake at all :) It's an Australian Version 4 and it looks like it was the winning design of a contest, hence the "Winning design" trophy on the packaging ^_^

None of my Version 4s have the Connection logo. I think it's got to do with the country and the version. My V1, V2s, and V3s all have a connection logo though.

Actually emf every au v4 has "winning design" on the package I think it was a fault hahah but yes like you said 100% real and better than both a European and American v4 infact becuase it has the beads like on the entama (a japanese v4) which makes it much flashier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back