What Historical Events happened on your Birthday?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Hayden*

Reaction score
So I was browsing old topics on TamaTalk and found one like this so I'm going to remake it :p So my birthday is October 1, and I'll just pick a few lol :p

1851 - 1st Hawaiian stamps issued

1864 - Cyclone strikes Calcutta: 70,000 killed

1971 - Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida opens

2000 - Closing ceremony of the XXVII Olympics in Sydney, Australia

2005 - Bombing kills 23 people in Bali.

2012 - 36 people are killed in a ferry collision in Hong Kong

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm well nothing really interesting ever happened on June 2 but today my brother ran into a mirror and everyone around the jellyfish exhibit laughed at him so that was historical I guess

Today's my birthday, so I guess I'll post what happened.

-Queen Elizabeth the 2nd was crowned as Queen of England

-Babe Ruth retired

-Indian Citizenship Act was passed in Congress

-A suspension bridge in France collapses on it's opening day, killing 10 people

-"Surveyor 1" lands on the moon

That's only part of it...of course these didn't happen on the actual year I was born in.

Apparently Sesame Street first premiered on TV on November 10th (my birthday) back in 1969. That was one of my favorite shows to watch as a kid.

There's a lot more. :p

1780 - The Derby horse race is held for the first time.

1935 - Babe Ruth, 40, announces his retirement as a player

1952 - 650,000 metal workers go on strike in US

1964 - Rolling Stones 1st US concert tour debuts in Lynn, Mass

1975 - First recorded snowfall in London in June

2004 - Ken Jennings begins his 74-game winning streak on the syndicated game show Jeopardy!.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/July_7

Pff all of these are sad stuff like bombing and war like srsly let's just be happy okay

There's some Japanese legend where two lovers can only meet on July 7th so that's kinda cute I guess in a sad way

But I share a birthday with Ringo Starr yay

Woah,

Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom, reigning from 1837 to 1901.
Priscilla Presley
The Versailles wedding hall disaster
Tommy Chong
Joey Logano
Vince McMahon Sr. death

Aw! These are a just a few.

1438 – The Council of Basel suspends Pope Eugene IV.
1458Matthias I Corvinus becomes king of Hungary.
1624Afonso Mendes, appointed by Pope Gregory XV as Prelate of Ethiopia, arrives at Massawafrom Goa.
1679 – King Charles II of England dissolves the Cavalier Parliament.
1742Charles VII Albert becomes Holy Roman Emperor.
1758 – During the Seven Years' War the leading burghers of Königsberg submit to Elizabeth I of Russia, thus forming Russian Prussia (until 1763)
1817Crossing of the Andes: Many soldiers of Juan Gregorio de las Heras are captured during theAction of Picheuta.
1835 – Slaves in Salvador da Bahia, Brazil, stage a revolt, which is instrumental in ending slavery there 50 years later.
1848California Gold Rush: James W. Marshall finds gold at Sutter's Mill near Sacramento.
1857 – The University of Calcutta is formally founded as the first fully-fledged university in South Asia.
1859 – Political and state union of Moldavia and Wallachia; Alexandru Ioan Cuza is elected as Domnitor in both Principalities.
1862Bucharest is proclaimed the capital of Romania.
1878 – The revolutionary Vera Zasulich shoots at Fyodor Trepov, the Governor of Saint Petersburg.
1900Second Boer War: Boers stop a British attempt to break the Siege of Ladysmith in the Battle of Spion Kop.
1908 – The first Boy Scout troop is organized in England by Robert Baden-Powell.
1911 – Japanese anarchist Shūsui Kōtoku is hanged for treason in a case now considered a miscarriage of justice.
1916 – In Brushaber v. Union Pacific Railroad, the Supreme Court of the United States declares the federal income taxconstitutional.
1918 – The Gregorian calendar is introduced in Russia by decree of the Council of People's Commissars effective February 14(NS)
1933 – The 20th Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified, changing the beginning and end of terms for all elected federal offices.
1939 – The deadliest earthquake in Chilean history strikes Chillán, killing approximately 28,000 people.
1942World War II: The Allies bombard Bangkok, leading Thailand, then under Japanese control, to declare war against theUnited States and United Kingdom.
1943World War II: Franklin D. Roosevelt and Winston Churchill conclude a conference in Casablanca.
1946 – The United Nations General Assembly passes its first resolution to establish the United Nations Atomic Energy Commission.
1947 – Greek banker Dimitrios Maximos becomes Prime Minister of Greece.
1960Algerian War: Some units of European volunteers in Algiers stage an insurrection known as the "barricades week", during which they seize government buildings and clash with local police.
19611961 Goldsboro B-52 crash: A bomber carrying two H-bombs breaks up in mid-air over North Carolina. The uranium core of one weapon remains lost.
1968Vietnam War: The 1st Australian Task Force launches Operation Coburg against the North Vietnamese Army and Viet Congduring wider fighting around Long Bình and Biên Hòa
1972Japanese Sgt. Shoichi Yokoi is found hiding in a Guam jungle, where he had been since the end of World War II.
1977Massacre of Atocha in Madrid, during the Spanish transition to democracy.
1978Soviet satellite Cosmos 954, with a nuclear reactor on board, burns up in Earth's atmosphere, scattering radioactive debris over Canada's Northwest Territories. Only 1% is recovered.
1984 – The first Apple Macintosh goes on sale.
1986Voyager 2 passes within 81,500 kilometres (50,600 mi) of Uranus.
1990Japan launches Hiten, the country's first lunar probe, the first robotic lunar probe since the Soviet Union's Luna 24 in 1976, and the first lunar probe launched by a country other than Soviet Union or the United States.
1993Turkish journalist and writer Uğur Mumcu is assassinated by a car bomb in Ankara.
1996Polish Prime Minister Józef Oleksy resigns amid charges that he spied for Moscow.
2003 – The United States Department of Homeland Security officially begins operation.
2009 – The storm Klaus makes landfall near Bordeaux, France. It subsequently would cause 26 deaths as well as extensive disruptions to public transport and power supplies.
2011 – At least 35 die and 180 are injured in a bombing at Moscow's Domodedovo airport.
2014 – Three bombs explode in the Egyptian capital, Cairo, killing about 7 people and injuring over 100 others.
2014 – The Philippines and the Bangsamoro agree to a peace deal that would help end the 45-year conflict.
BOO YAH!!!!

Ooooh ooh I know!

I was born!

No just kidding (even though you will not find that funny-I'm horrible at jokes), but I'm being philosopihocal.

Anyway. On my birthday, the Wright brothers first flew their airplane. Ta-da!

Anyway, that's all I know. I'm lazy to go on google or something.

Hasta la vista.

Gintama was serialized! Jesus was born!

Myra Hindley, one of the Moors murderers, arrived at the High Court of Justice, to contest a recent Home Secretary's decision that she should remain in prison until she dies

Most "interesting" ones (most are morbid lmao)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back