Typing habits

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
What typing habits do you have, or had in the past?

Some of my current or previous habits include:

Ending sentences with this little curvy thing~

Ending most sentences with elipses...

Using weird emote faces too much ouo'

Using semicolons a lot;

And my most recent habit, randomly typing wooooooooooooo

Typing text talk, like actually not on puurpoze sumtimes

Depends where I am. On TT I use :p a huge amount, as well as xoxoxo. The text talk thing is voluntary not a habit, I choose how I want to type hence the normal talk on the forums and text talk in chat.

On Minecraft server forums, I use :p more than normal but not excessively like I do here. I use :) and :D a lot, usually if I'm saying something that could be interpreted as rude, to make sure no-one thinks it is.

And globally, I only have 2 noticeable typing habits: I NEVER use full stops in live chat if I'm not going to write another sentence after the full stop. Ever. On forums it's fine, but in chat I just won't do it. I don't know why but I always think someone is being rude if they do that. Of course I've overcome that and I have many friends who use full stops in chat rooms, but my instinctual response is to think they're being rude even when they're clearly not.

Also I have an extremely limited emoticon repertoire. I use :p and :) and :D and :( and D: and XD and that's about it. I just don't understand things like ouo, to me it's not an emoticon, it's just a random thing I ignore and I don't see a face when I look at it.

I type as neatly as possible and make sure the spelling is perfect and the grammar is decent.
I'll also use some of the "Common" emoticons from time to time.

(The above goes for French and English typing)

I type ;~; too much.
I usually ALWAYS do this. "Heyyy" Adding extra letters at the end.
I use ~ at the end of things.
I try to avoid emoticons that have pictures such as ^_^ so I type it like :)

:3

I feel that I misuse commas a lot.

I hate text speak. I think it's confusing and looks terrible. The only time I ever use text speak is if I'm making fun of something.

I tend to say "Heyoo" a lot

...and things like "lel" and adding too many letters to my words like "niiice"

Also I feel as if I act too immature and awkward on the internet... I really need to fix that

...Also I misspell thing CONSTANTLY especially in chat rooms lel

It all depends on where I'm typing, really. Here on the forums, I tend to use proper grammar. However, on Tumblr, or when talking to my friends, i tend to drop all grammar and maybe like throw in a bit of text talk too bc yea idk w/e thats just how it is

That's it as far as I can think of.

I put ~ at the end of a lot of things.

I put extra letters at the end of words such as "heyyy".

I use the ;~; face often.

That's about it, but I do those constantly, haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back