What typing habits do you have, or had in the past?

Some of my current or previous habits include:

Ending sentences with this little curvy thing~

Ending most sentences with elipses...

Using weird emote faces too much ouo'

Using semicolons a lot;

And my most recent habit, randomly typing wooooooooooooo

Typing text talk, like actually not on puurpoze sumtimes

Depends where I am. On TT I use :P a huge amount, as well as xoxoxo. The text talk thing is voluntary not a habit, I choose how I want to type hence the normal talk on the forums and text talk in chat.

On Minecraft server forums, I use :P more than normal but not excessively like I do here. I use :) and :D a lot, usually if I'm saying something that could be interpreted as rude, to make sure no-one thinks it is.

And globally, I only have 2 noticeable typing habits: I NEVER use full stops in live chat if I'm not going to write another sentence after the full stop. Ever. On forums it's fine, but in chat I just won't do it. I don't know why but I always think someone is being rude if they do that. Of course I've overcome that and I have many friends who use full stops in chat rooms, but my instinctual response is to think they're being rude even when they're clearly not.

Also I have an extremely limited emoticon repertoire. I use :P and :) and :D and :( and D: and XD and that's about it. I just don't understand things like ouo, to me it's not an emoticon, it's just a random thing I ignore and I don't see a face when I look at it.

I just don't understand things like ouo, to me it's not an emoticon, it's just a random thing I ignore and I don't see a face when I look at it.

This.

T h i s.

THIS.

• Like 4

I type as neatly as possible and make sure the spelling is perfect and the grammar is decent.
I'll also use some of the "Common" emoticons from time to time.

(The above goes for French and English typing)

I type ;~; too much.
I usually ALWAYS do this. "Heyyy" Adding extra letters at the end.
I use ~ at the end of things.
I try to avoid emoticons that have pictures such as ^_^ so I type it like (:

:3

I feel that I misuse commas a lot.

I hate text speak. I think it's confusing and looks terrible. The only time I ever use text speak is if I'm making fun of something.

I tend to say "Heyoo" a lot

...and things like "lel" and adding too many letters to my words like "niiice"

Also I feel as if I act too immature and awkward on the internet... I really need to fix that

...Also I misspell thing CONSTANTLY especially in chat rooms lel

Using 'Lel' alot too XD I often use these alot :D , :) , :blink: and XD

It all depends on where I'm typing, really. Here on the forums, I tend to use proper grammar. However, on Tumblr, or when talking to my friends, i tend to drop all grammar and maybe like throw in a bit of text talk too bc yea idk w/e thats just how it is

That's it as far as I can think of.

when im on my computer my tablet makes this little circle thing when you press ctrl. sometimes press it cause i like seeing it

• Like 1

I put ~ at the end of a lot of things.

I put extra letters at the end of words such as "heyyy".

I use the ;~; face often.

That's about it, but I do those constantly, haha!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Rukitchi
      I saw this topic and wanted to chip in but it was locked :c

so I remade it. Feel free to write whatever habits you have with your Tamas.

I have a habit of playing with the P's pierces by taking them out and putting them back in continuously. Also I take my yellow P's everywhere in my left pocket of my black jacket. I'm always afraid it'd fall out if I started to run (for example if the green light is blinking and I have to run to make it on time so as not to get a notice from Police) but I keep carrying it like this. I also zip up my jacket pocket with my tama inside whenever I'm on a bridge to make sure I don't yank it out of my pocket and into the river accidentally by the lanyard. I have a habit of keeping my Tamas on lanyards, although I hardly ever wear them around my neck. It's just something about the feeling when you see a lanyard sticking out of your pocket and you know your Tama is inside your pocket, safe from falling on the ground. Although I recently am running only my yellow P's, I made sure it has a crochet cover with a front flap and I'm obsessed with keeping the red part clean, although I colored the closing Velcros with permanenent markers so that they don't catch my eye anymore (too much) (white Velcros on red and black- eye-catching!) and THE BLACK MARKER GOT AROUND THE RED VELCRO AND IT LOOKS DIRTY :C I might have OCD here but I hate getting my crochet cases discolored unless I want them discolored. I like having various keychains on the lanyard of my P's. I have a snowflake charm, a pink heart charm, a keychain with a picture of my bae and a scoubidou that is completely black and made with my special technique that nobody knows about.

Any habits you guys have?
    • By amarie
      Yooo guys. Just wanted to know what book habits you have.

I have a few *winks awkwardly*:

-I DO NOT lend out books frequently unless I really trust the person I'm lending the book to
      -absolutely no folding of the pages of books
      -I only use my one favorite bookmark when I read
      -I cover my favorite books in plastic
      -the more box sets the merrier

What about you? Any book habits?
    • By PoisonMookie
      So I have this thing where if I decide to take a nap during my days off I'll feed up and play with all my tamas so they have full hearts (of course) and then I'll take them to 'nap' with me by laying them on my boyfriend's pillow...
      He think it's weird.
      For dressing up I'll always match their clothes to what I'm doing for the day, if I'm going to work it's smart or school clothes, if I'm staying in it's dungarees etc. and I'm busy saving gotchi points to but the bunny ears to go with the outfit on my id L for Easter Y'know that kind of thing. I don't think it's weird myself but was wondering what other people do so...
      Oh, I also try to feed my Tamas something similar to what I'm having to eat too, like if I'm making mexican food for dinner my TMGC friends get Tacos for their dinner

What 'weird' habits do you guys have with your TMGCs?
    • By Eternal Mametchi Fan
      Ode to Tamagotchi

Nobody seems to care about me
      Except for my Tamagotchi.
      Nobody would ever understand,
      Except for the pet I hold in my hand.

People ignore me,
      They leave me all alone.
      But as long as I have my Tamagotchi,
      I'll feel right at home.

When I have nobody to trust,
      And nobody to trust me,
      I can always rely on my best friend--
      My loyal, caring Tamagotchi.

So even when I'm feeling down,
      I can't help but to smile,
      Knowing that my Tamagotchi
      Will stick with me the whole while...
    • By HippyFish
      *This will just be a place for my soul to speak. PM if you'd like, but no comments here please.*

Most of these pieces will be older works, some will not. Some of these will include dates, most will not. Most will be without titles, some will not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...these are a few
      of the many thoughts
      floating through my mind...
      ___

Spirits are destined
      eternally in time
      distance separates
      souls forever entwined.
      ___

Your lingering breath
      ---------is cold---------
      dancing upon my skin.