Which Tamagotchi is Best?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Froggin

Reaction score
I'll be honest. I don't have any Tamagotchis. It is quite tragic, and I am planning on buying one. So I thought I would get your opinions to help me decide which Tamagotchi is best. This way, not only can I figure out which Tamagotchi I should buy, but you guys can have fun talking about why it is your favorite Tamgotchi and debate with other members about them. I don't know if this topic is in the right section, or if the topic has been made before, but oh well. :mellow: :mellow:

~Ғяσɢɢιи

To me, the best Tama is probably the Tamagotchi P's. I don't have one (yet), but it seems to be loaded with lots of features and there are pierces that you can add for extra features.

I feel that for a beginner, as this will be your first Tamagotchi, you should go with something simpler than a P's like a v3 or v4.5. Try reading some Tamagotchi Logs in the TT Library and take a look at the different versions people are running.

It isn't the best, but the link to my log is in my siggy down there.

Hope I helped! :)

I recommend v3 as beginner and v4 as more advance (but v4 is the best non-color tamagotchi), not v5 as you raise a family.

If you want to try the Real Tama Sensation go for a V2 or V3 Tamagotchi Connection! First wave are the best, my other favorities are: V4, Music Star, Chibi, Original Tamagotchi, Angel and TMGC+C

Last edited by a moderator:
I do recommend you to try using the app first lolz its free and get knowing about the tama then buy one.

My favorite version is Tamagotchi Friends but that's just personal preference; I think Version 4 is the best (I count "best" and "favorite" as two different things XD) 'cause it has adorable characters, fun items, wonderful games, and of course the school and work feature :D I'd recommend the Version 4 to anyone! It was my first Tamagotchi and it instantly got me hooked forever :p

I got back into tamagotchi with the P's because they are aesthetically pleasing the shell designs are adorable and the colour gives it a new edge to the traditional tamagotchi I love seeing all the characters in colour and also it's customizable with the deco pierces however it is rather pricey I have no regrets with mine though I have played it everyday since it arrived and i'm still 100% in love with it.. So much so that I bought one for my sister (who received her's today and also loves it) I got extra ones to get the connection characters for both of our P's so we can both finish the tamatomo diary but am selling the other 2 that I bought on eBay because I only really want to play with the one :)

Start from the beginning, but not too far.

v3 will offer a good basis for someone who's new to the pet,

v4 will be good when you want a little content,

and I'd say v5 and up when you want a challenge.

v1/2 are if you want to be super retro.

Don't get a 'Tamagotchi Friends', I know it's a matter of opinion, and I do love all my tamagotchis, but this one, I don't like.

If you do get one though, get it cheap off the net, not in a real store for full price.

I've been thinking about it since my last post and although I stand by the P's being my favorite I think I have to agree with the others that you should probably try an older one like the V3 because it gives the best vintage experience and if you're like me (not saying you are but if you are) once I start "upgrading" things I don't really like going back to older models that much as I like things that are new and different and if you play the newer models first sometimes the older ones can seem like a let down if you don't have that nostalgia feel for them (which you wont if you never played them in the past)

I've been thinking about it since my last post and although I stand by the P's being my favorite I think I have to agree with the others that you should probably try an older one like the V3 because it gives the best vintage experience and if you're like me (not saying you are but if you are) once I start "upgrading" things I don't really like going back to older models that much as I like things that are new and different and if you play the newer models first sometimes the older ones can seem like a let down if you don't have that nostalgia feel for them (which you wont if you never played them in the past)
Vintage Tamas (including the Connection models) are focused mostly on tamagotchi as a pet (including V2-V3 and TMGC+C), from the Entama-V4 series they changed the concept a lot: jobs, places, music, etc. For me it's totally different and sometimes strange for many models (you have to clean his poo and his house, but tamas can work and make music, uh!).

I like the v4.5, and I think it would be good for beginners. However I am interested in the v3. If you want something different, not try the music star.

I'd say have to say a V3, V5, or Tamagotchi+Color.

The V3 is fairly simple to raise and also has a selection of characters.

I like the V5 because it's is easy to raise, and the characters on it are really cool.

The TMGC+C because it is simple but the color adds new features and game play that was not achievable on previous versions while adding the same "Tamagotchi" elements.

I also would have to say the P's because of endless features that this version has, however it might seem a bit overwhelming at first glance. It's also very needy compared to other color versions. (I still haven't unlocked all the features, and I've had mine for almost two years :p )

Edit: Was off topic again.

As an honest opinion the best tamagotchi i'd say is the 15th and seriously I'm just gonna say this is the best of what bandai has made in a tamagotchi but for a starter I'd go for whatever honestly every Tama is a challenge but today with technology and abundance of things online to help you any version will be easy Japanese ones may seem tough being in a different language but thanks to the many fans on here and other places there are was to get used to it and enjoy it. You can also get colours in English and the p's is being translated Aswell for fans (by mr blinky and me) so go with what you'd like to try and give it a whirl, if you get stuck, you can look it up easily there are instructions online and more.

M@TT. DO you know how to unlock the ???? and ecotown?
Derek please don't go off topic ask M@TT in a Pm or comment

Anyway The v3 is an awesome version and has lots of characters it's easy you don't need TamaTown to play with it though but the v3 is the first Tamagotchi I started when I started to like Tamagotchi's it's not a hard version though

The Tama-Go is very simple with out any Gotchi Figures and those seem like a Rip-off kinda pricy if you ask me but very Cheap I got mine for 9 dollars (including Shipping) on Amazon

Eh, I'd say the P's. ^___^ I seriously love my P's, gah <3

But if you want something a little easier to take care of and is a bit less of a commitment, I'd actually recommend you the Tamagotchi Friends. Even though the reception of the TF is somewhat...mixed...I myself find it a easy to take care of, pretty tama that has fun games. It's far from perfect, but I think it's a really great tama that's probably good for starting out tama-owners; y'know, something that can ease you into the world of tamas without throwing lots of things at you at once. The screen scratches very easily, though, so you should keep that in mind.

I'd say Tamagotchi iD L. I absolutely love my iD L's, I have 2 plain ones [one green, and one purple] and a royal purple 15th Anniversary version [and plan on getting all shell designs eventually <3], I always have one running, usually along with my yellow P's, which would be on the 2nd place of the awesomeness ranking for me. ;D

I'd definitely start with a Connection Tama. Go for the V3/V4, maybe? The other day I showed some acquaintances/friends of my iD Ls, and they were a bit put off that they were in Japanese (plus they were amused that I could get so attached to a Virtual pet, pfffft...).

Once I'd showed them my iD L they didn't quite see the point of black-and-white tamas. I had the ultimate tama in colour, right? Why have a previous version.

Wrong.

But I really think you should play around with the Connections/Black-white before getting a P's or iD L. Then you'll really appreciate the colours more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back