How you take Tamagotchis in public without getting caught redhanded

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

haileymametchi

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Your scenario:

You have Tamagotchis and sometimes taking them in public and caring for them is a challenge.

You don't want to get caught redhanded by your peers for taking/playing with Tamagotchis

due to the insecurity of what people will think of you. The bathroom seems like the only

place to care/play for your Tamagotchis, but it would be suspicious to people around you.

What would you do and how do you manage to care for your Tamagotchis in public without getting caught?

Just wondering.

I tend to go to the restroom or pretend that I'm digging in my purse or something. Sometimes when it is too risky to get caught playing with them, I either leave them in my purse on pause or leave them at home on pause.

Why would I care what people think? ;) I play with Tamagotchis and even wear the character pouches around my neck all the time in public.

I go in public, and when i wanna check on it, I pull it out of my pocket, do what i need to do, then replace back into pocket and ignore others around me :)

When I'm at school or in public I don't really care what people think. I keep my tamagotchi safety pinned to the inside of my hoodie pocket so it doesn't fall out and get all ruined it has saved me so many times :p I'm really clumsy

Well..people in my school would probably judge me and spread rumors of "oh, this girl plays a kid toy called a Tamagotchi" so that's why I don't risk it too much in public. I'm not 100% concerned for my reputation, but I'm just careful of who I take it out around.

If it's in between classes, great. I can just pretend to get something out of my binder and call it good. In class? Not so much. Don't want to risk getting it taken by the teacher and embarrass myself. Around other peers? No. Around popular kids? Definitely no. Around the so-called "nerds"? Depends. If they bring it up as a subject, then maybe. Around my friends? If I tell them about it first.

I have a sibling who I have to watch out for not embarrassing them. So yeah.

Hello Hailey.

Being an 18 year old in a full time office job and friends who are all 2+ years older than me, it is hard to

play with Tamagotchi's without looking weird or suspicious.

My family really don't care, they know that Tamagotchi's were my childhood and still play a major role

in my life, but when it comes to the workplace or friends, I do the more obvious;

Pause the Tamagotchi's and leave them at home.

I know it sounds cruel but, I can't carry around 5 different Tamagotchi's when I'm drinking or being

professional, what kind of impact would that give my peers? Not a very good one!

When I'm alone, with my boyfriend or around close family, I play with them all time time!

~DB

As a 23 year old that still plays with 1 Tamagotchi at a time I personally don't pay attention to anyone round me and whip it out in public whenever needed I've actually had many people asking what it is and telling me that it looks really cool and or fascinated by how much they have changed since we were little

I'll be 27 soon and I play with them all the time regardless of what others think. Heck I still take around a Gameboy Color to play with. And I use a word processor in class. I prefer old tech to the new tech and while I've had people ask me about the things i am using, I haven't had anyone outright make fun of me for them since high school which has been almost a decade ago now since I've been there.

Should be able to do what you want. They can make fun as they always will about something, but just remember that once school is over, you'll never/hardly ever see these people again! And in college, no ones cares at all, hence why it's my favorite phase of schooling, next to later elementary years. :)

I will use EMF's way if only I am not a shy person.

Edit: Actually if needed then, make it sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Caught red-handed?"

Hm... I didn't know taking tamagotchis out in public was a crime! :D

Honestly I don't care what people think. Most likely if I'm just walking around town everyone that glances at me holding one will never see me again, so...

Yeah. I just leave my Tamagotchis at home or paused in my bag to avoid weird looks. I feel kind of weird and ashamed that everyone is saying "I don't care what others think" and I do...haha oh well..

I carry the ones I'm running in their pouches in my purse. I play with them in public, and I don't give a hoot what others think. I see people all the time on their darn phones, so what's the difference?

Well that's true. I am a teenager, so would it be "socially acceptable" to play with Tamas in public? I'm just wondering.

Teen or not, do whatever makes you happy. 'Socially acceptable' is different from person to person, culture to culture.

You shouldn't worry. I used to be very upset about the target audience of Tamagotchi but now it doesn't bother me. I'm 15 years old~ :) Today I saw an old lady wearing a My Little Pony shirt so I don't think there's anything bad with teens playing with virtual pets; they're not much different to video games. For example, Pokemon may be aimed at children but there are plenty of teen and adult fans!

Yeah. I just leave my Tamagotchis at home or paused in my bag to avoid weird looks. I feel kind of weird and ashamed that everyone is saying "I don't care what others think" and I do...haha oh well..
You don't need to feel weird and ashamed! Some people are able to ignore what others think about them. And that's great. But if you feel that you're not at that point yet, don't worry about it! I know that there are people out there who can be mean and immature (especially teenagers in school) and you're making a decision based on that that you're comfortable with. No one here can judge you for that, because we don't personally know those people that are around you. :)

But when it comes to your friends, they should be kind and understanding. Maybe if you're around them when you're playing with your tamagotchis, those other people won't bother you? Just a suggestion, if it's really bothering you that you can't take care of your tamagotchis in public.

I take it out in public, but if I'm in the movies or something important I'll put it on mute. Or if I'm at work I'll keep it in my back pack and just play with it in there on mute. I'm 29 and I don't care who sees me play it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back