Chouchotchi = Butterflytchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
Lookie look, I found a pic of the Chouchotchi Tamagotchi Friends figure in packaging and it calls her Butterflytchi :eek: Even though she's called Chouchotchi on the Tamagotchi Friends relationship map.

51Gvx4bdACL.jpg

Choucho means butterfly in Japanese of course. There's already a character called that :p

https://tamagotchi.wikia.com/wiki/Butterflytchi

If anyone has seen the Tamagotchi playstation game in which Butterflytchi appears, you can see that she is pink and yellow with a cap, greatly resembling Chouchotchi. (In-game version of Butterflytchi looks different from how she looks on the cover).

They may have thought it was easier to pronounce and Chou Chou sounds a bit funny in English don't you think? It's all about making It something kids will want to buy (funny seeing as the TF is nothing like that *shot*) if a little girl sees "butterfly" it may increase the likeliness of them convincing their parents to buy it.

They may have thought it was easier to pronounce and Chou Chou sounds a bit funny in English don't you think? It's all about making It something kids will want to buy (funny seeing as the TF is nothing like that *shot*) if a little girl sees "butterfly" it may increase the likeliness of them convincing their parents to buy it.
I agree. This seems to be Bandai's thinking for selling this figure to young kids.

In the wiki article that EMF linked us, it said that Butterflytchi was a debug character on the V2, so no official artwork was made of her. The sprite from the V2 is very similar to Chouchoutchi. Bandai probably figured they could reuse the design and interchange the names for the TMGC Friends.

I do love butterflies and Chouchoutchi is super cute. I'm going to have to buy her figure when it's released. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This makes me confused though. Would this mean that this is the actual Butterflytchi? The Butterflytchi on the V2 is the same as ChouChoutchi? Or is it a different Tamagotchi? They both have the same English name and character design except for a few alterations. Maybe Butterflytchi V2 was a scratch for ChouChoutchi and wasn't really implemented until the P's?

I dunno this is asdfghjkl;' someone needs to ask Bandai k bai.

Reactions: Joc
Interesting factoid indeed! I'm even unable to figure out the reason for the name change. However, the fact that her figure includes smaller figures of Makimotchi, Rinsetchi, and Chobitchi? I may have to get this figure as well as any others that include the small Tama pet figures - they would make for a nice display on my desk.

(By the way... where did you find the pic EMF?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back