Important 3DS question...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
I'm crying so much. I read through the Yahoo Japan description of the Japanese 3DS I bought so many times but because my Japanese is so bad I didn't quite understand it...

It said something about not being able to raise the 3D volume to the maximum but I thought that didn't matter... but now I finally decided to use Google translate...

初期設定の時、「3Dボリュームを最大まで上げて」 と指示がございますが
最大まで上げても認識し無い為、この画面から進むことが出来ません。

Google translate said

"When the initial setting,
There is the instruction to be "raised to a maximum of 3D volume"
Because it does not recognize to be increased to a maximum,
It is not possible to proceed from this screen."

And the photo of the 3DS on the auction just shows it on the 3D adjustment screen.

So apparently it won't go past the screen since it doesn't recognize the 3D volume being raised to maximum?

And I won't be able to play any games...?

So I bought a 3DS that doesn't work? I'm crying so so so much.... I could have bought three Tamagotchis instead... I really wanted it to play Japanese Tamagotchi 3DS games...

Isn't there any way to fix it?? Please help... this was gonna be my birthday present...

Last edited by a moderator:
I did read it over carefully a hundred times but I didn't want to use Google translate because it's bad ._.

I want a Japanese 3DS because I want to play Tamagotchi 3DS games. I despise all other video games in existence.

I never see Japanese 3DS in the shop and English ones cost a lot more than the one I bought anyway -_-

I'm not crying about not getting a 3DS, I'm crying because it was a lot of money that I could have spent on something else for my birthday

what I'm asking is, if anyone else has had a Japanese 3DS, did you need to put the 3D option to maximum on the initial configuration in order for the 3DS to work?

Why did you need a Japanese 3DS so badly? they're easy to find at most stores.
I got mine from Wal-Mart.
Games are locked to region so in order to play Japanese DS games you need a Japanese console

Isn't there any way to fix it?? Please help... this was gonna be my birthday present...
If it's not recognizing the switch moving perhaps there is something disconnected inside?

I've seen so many people actually break the slider off and just do a shell swap and have it in working order again so perhaps you could try that I'm sure you can pick up a broken 3DS for cheap on eBay or somewhere just for the casing

Shell swapping

what I'm asking is, if anyone else has had a Japanese 3DS, did you need to put the 3D option to maximum on the initial configuration in order for the 3DS to work?
So I don't think so I'm pretty sure the initial config is just to adjust till you see it in 3D comfortably so you could just play without it being in 3D?

Ah I see ouo' Shell swap looks pretty complicated for me >w<; My friend just said that it just means the 3D option won't work (not that I mind) but I'm still really worried I won't be able to use the 3DS at all ;_;

3DS runs fine without the 3D function you'll basically just have a DSi I guess... tbh I rarely ever turn 3D on with my 3DS XL as it hurts my eyes after a while as you have to look at it from the right angle else it's just blurry doubleness for me and also it runs the battery out soo much faster then with it off which if you play when you are traveling is not the best thing :p

Ah I see ouo' Shell swap looks pretty complicated for me >w<; My friend just said that it just means the 3D option won't work (not that I mind) but I'm still really worried I won't be able to use the 3DS at all ;_;
I don't use the 3D option in my 3DS at all, cause it's not good for my eyes. But that doesn't make the whole 3DS broken or anything, you don't have to use the 3D option in order to use the 3DS. :D So you still will be able to play your games, just probably without the 3D option, which you surely can survive. :D

All right, so here's what I think. Maybe the seller THOUGHT you had to raise 3D to maximum in order to proceed but it didn't do anything and so they assumed the 3D adjuster was broken. However, I watched some videos and you just need to press the "next" button. Even the person in the video kept raising the 3D level confused why it wouldn't go to the next screen before they realized you don't have to. ^_^ I hope that's the case :D

If it doesn't work just try and find a place that can try and fix it give it a go on trying to find out if it might be fixable yourself tho.

And why do you despise all videos except the tamagotchi ones exactly? The tamagotchi ones aren't exactly the best games in the world.

Tamagotchi means EVERYTHING to me and I think Tamagotchi video games are the best games in the world. c: I've played Sonic, Kirby, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, etc but the Tamagotchi Corner Shop games are much more fun and lovable to me ^_^

Tamagotchi means EVERYTHING to me and I think Tamagotchi video games are the best games in the world. c: I've played Sonic, Kirby, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, etc but the Tamagotchi Corner Shop games are much more fun and lovable to me ^_^
Well I guess that's up to you in your taste for games and I agree that corner shop and especially narikiri ( favourite series of tamagotchi game ever!!) are quite fun in their special way so I hope you work out the kinks with this 3ds!

O.O;

You maybe able to get into it. If its the slider, its a big chance its just off the "rail" that moves stuff up and down. If someone can open it and look at it for you, its possible its a simple fix. If not, maybe you can figure out someway to give it the system updates for a 2ds... If that is even possible. Bypassing.

I got my 3ds with a handicap. I took a huge chance buying online. My games don't "stay" in the slot. I have to put a piece of cardboard inside to keep it there. (colorwonder coloring back ftw. Lol) I know the feels. I wasn't happy about my game not staying in, but I fixed it, even if its temporary for my system and looks dorky.

Il live in a very asian dominated city, we get japanese consoles on our craigslist all the time. if I come across a jap 3ds i can let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back