Help.New Record: American V5 reset once again on 21 generation!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

derekq

Reaction score
Um, Hi tamafans!

Bad news here actually, the news is: MY TAMAgotchi v5 had reSET again, this time new record 21 generation.

It reset while being bonded today at 10:08 AM EST. July,21st,2014. RIP(lets hope they just went back to the planet not dead) Mame Family x20 + 1 Blended Family

Last time when I was 12 years old I re-started my tamagotchi and till 20 generation don't know why it just reset itself.

Can't count how many reset already happened to this tama. I do remember though when ever it gets past 2 or 3 generations on this Tamagotchi when I was small in elementary school grade 3, it resets.

Anyone have this problem?

Does this happen on other release like Europe release or UK, Australia release?

Does this happen on v5.5 Tamagotchis?

I just don't get it why will this always happen to me?

Last edited by a moderator:
All my Version 5s and Version 5.5s randomly reset sometimes. It's a common problem with this version.

Taking the V5 apart and removing the reset button sometimes helps.

Do you keep removing the battery? Like often? My Celeb got reset after doing it so many times in a long duration... I was bummed but it still worked. Its possible your battery just needs changing...

SailorRosette,

First of all thanks for the advice you have a good point there. Though, no I rarely remove the battery until they are dead, honestly for this tama, even though the battery is dead I never see the low battery sign and there was days that it just randomly resets instead of showing that sign. I remember because of this, I rarely played it until 12 years old I decided to re-power it on.

The battery was fairly good when I plugged it out since today's reset, I measured with a multi-meter and it has more than half of battery life.

Do you have a Tamagotchi V5?

Do you have similar problems with it?

Yeah, I have a Tamagotchi V5. I have a cookie dough one that resets itself too and it's annoying. The other Familitchi Tamagotchis work ok though.

Yeah, I have a Tamagotchi V5. I have a cookie dough one that resets itself too and it's annoying. The other Familitchi Tamagotchis work ok though.
Is your a American release or mind telling us what country?

The battery being changed causes the Tamagotchi to reset. This is a well known glitch that happens with not only the V5/V5.5, but the V6 and TamaSuku as well. I'd suggest putting the battery in as quickly as possible, because sometimes the battery powers up the Tamagotchi when it's only half way in. Taking out the reset button will not help, as I've already tried that method myself and it still reset.

The battery being changed cause the Tamagotchi to reset. This is a well known glitch that happens with not only the V5/V5.5, but the V6 and TamaSuku as well. I'd suggest putting the battery in as quickly as possible, because sometimes the battery powers up the Tamagotchi when it's only half way in. Taking out the reset button will not help, as I've already tried that method myself and it still reset.
Ah I see though the reset occurred every time randomly if you shake (or drop I rarely do) it too hard, it often occurs when low battery but though the problem as it doesn't display battery low sign and I never seen it on v5s instead it resets to notify you have low battery (also data cleared :reset) it just resets like the old vintage tamas, acts like no save feature.

There's once this happened: Reset because of not downloaded, I mean: The Tamagotchi will reset after insert the battery and if you didn't select download, you accidentally removed the battery and insert it again no matter when you insert the battery (how many years later) it will say wait then time to set the time. This also happens if reset button accidentally pressed when battery inserted before selected download..

I never knew the v6 music star also have the problem (glitch) too, ugh bandai, why can't you go forward instead of going backwards, I mean the the v1-v4.5 never have this problem no matter how much times reset button is pressed, it only resets everything when you select Reset manually. (A +B buttons)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back