Email from Bandai.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clo6701

Reaction score
I emailed Bandai to figure out when the offical release date was because from Toy wiz and some other sites saying July, Specifically July 11th, But from what Bandai says September is problably when they are coming to shelves.
2qntj5c.png

Let's hope they're right this time. By far in my opinion, the most over-delayed retail...or whatever it's called...ever.

Expect the unexpected, I should say.

I'm pretty sure Bandai said it would be released in Fall 2014 since the beginning. So whoever got the information for The July 11th release and the August 19th release had false information :p They even said in the video of them at the Toyfair that it would be Fall 2014 NOT during Summer 2014. Bandai has the final say on the release as they are the creator not the retailer that stocks the items.

Last edited by a moderator:
M@TT - Bandai America has always released their Fall lines during July / August. It's common knowledge to those who follow their toylines (Not just Tamagotchi) and their release timing / sightings in store as long as I have. Just saying.

But my thoughts are as follows... Bandai America REALLY did it this time. They've burned anyone in the US who is a Tamagotchi fan in my book, and there are two reasons as to my logic here.

First reason is because they have never released anything during the months of September or October before. Not even in 2013. They're changing the rules as they go at the very last minute, and that does not make me happy.

Second reason is because a September release is a bad thing as far as any Tamagotchi goes... because their target audience will ALL be back to school by then. And we know exactly how most schools feel about Tamagotchi. That will basically alienate the target audience from even going near the new release until next Summer, which will definitely result in poor sales.

In closing, I feel that Bandai America owes us big time for this mess-up. They should release a Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. v-pet app before September to make up for this mistake - at least it would be something.

I'll be making my exit now... don't mind the flipped table. And I'm not referring to the one that EMF flipped, either. :gozarutchi:

._.First they said June

Then July

Then August

Now September?

*flips a table*
Fall is during our spring which is like August September etc anyway you must remember like they said stores order toys but there is no definite date sometimes when they get stock it may take longer to ship etc you'll just have to be patient oh and remember once it gets to the US it won't get to Australia and probably won't be in Australia till December next year most likely.

M@TT - Bandai America has always released their Fall lines during July / August. It's common knowledge to those who follow their toylines (Not just Tamagotchi) and their release timing / sightings in store as long as I have. Just saying.

But my thoughts are as follows... Bandai America REALLY did it this time. They've burned anyone in the US who is a Tamagotchi fan in my book, and there are two reasons as to my logic here.

First reason is because they have never released anything during the months of September or October before. Not even in 2013. They're changing the rules as they go at the very last minute, and that does not make me happy.

Second reason is because a September release is a bad thing as far as any Tamagotchi goes... because their target audience will ALL be back to school by then. And we know exactly how most schools feel about Tamagotchi. That will basically alienate the target audience from even going near the new release until next Summer, which will definitely result in poor sales.

In closing, I feel that Bandai America owes us big time for this mess-up. They should release a Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. v-pet app before September to make up for this mistake - at least it would be something.

I'll be making my exit now... don't mind the flipped table. And I'm not referring to the one that EMF flipped, either. :gozarutchi:
Ah I see. My mistake. I thought fall meant fall not summer lol. It'd make sense for them to release a Fall toyline during the fall instead of summer. :p

On another note, perhaps the delayed release means they have added features that were not available on the European TF release. Hopefully, with all the time they've had, they didn't just add a colorful piece of mediocre paper to the screen. I'm hoping they added more games, features, etc.

Ugh, is it just me, or is Bandai turning into Nintendo? Because both those companies never do their share of releasing. Bandai keeps setting back the TF (for the US) at the last minute to September, and Nintendo hasn't even started doing the Flipnote Studio 3D project. They both are failing us! Bandai is trying to get us angry by setting the release date again to September. Bandai needs to make up their mind. They already made the TF for the UK, now they aren't releasing it for the US?! Geez! It's like Bandai doesn't even want us touching thier new TFs.

Okay, so check out this other video of the Toy Fair back in February:

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

At around 2:50, she says to "check out the stores in August."

August is just beginning. With Tamagotchi Friends starting to move forward in Canada in the UK, it's likely we'll start to see something happening in the US very soon. Nothing has been delayed so far. There's no reason to be disappointed in this regard. Not yet.

Edit: Just to address the September thing... the email says "probably around September." And August is really close to September! :D But the thing is, the next chunk of info in that email is pretty important. No matter when Bandai sends the products to retailers, they have no control over when they actually get stocked on the shelves. Something similar happened with the Tama-Go, even. Even though they were officially released, some Targets around here just didn't have them for a while.

I'm not an official Bandai person or anything, but I think it's reasonable to assume Tamagotchi Friends will be available in the US in some way or another by the end of August.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering the Tamagotchi Friends is out in some US Toys R Us stores but there's no announcement on their FaceBook page or anything, I guess it's kinda out but it won't be the full, official release until September if you get what I mean... like, it will be released all across the USA in September but it's only in a few places for now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back