What is your "security blanket"?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

x.//StoryTeller//.x

Reaction score
We've all got some sort of item that serves as a "security blanket"; whether it reminds us of pleasant memories or just makes us feel safe.

image_zpsf8664cc5.jpg

I got this arm band thingy at Anime Expo earlier this month. This was the day I met some of my best online friends in real life for the first time. And it was the most wonderful feeling to be able to hug them for real and be beside them. Although recently things happened that started cutting our bonds...but this arm band reminds me of how happy we were that day, and just gives me hope that hey, maybe we can be like that again. And hope in general for things, to just remind me of what it's like to just be so so happy.

SO, what item makes you feel safe, comfortable, hopeful, nostalgic? What gives you that feeling of security?

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, it's my first Tamagotchi, a Version 4 that is now busted up in countless pieces. I keep all the pieces in a little bag and just touching the pieces makes me feel so special and secure, and it brings back so many happy memories and amazing experiences. :) Without that one little Tamagotchi, I can't imagine what my life would be like now.

I would have to say, strangely, my first aid kit in my car. It has grown to like a zombie apocalypse survival kit (just like, food and stuff) I guess it's more of an emergency kit. It makes me feel safer somehow, even if I know nothing will happen, it makes me feel better to be prepared. Otherwise I would probably say my teddy bear that my husband gave me! :)

My Skrillex shirt is sort of like that...every time I wear it, I feel secure and safe, knowing Skrillex will help me sleep at night and be bright at daytime. Now that high school's coming closer, I hope he'll help me out with that...

Reactions: Box
I would have to say my stuffed beagle Max is my security blanket. I've had him since I was probably around 6 or 7, and I sleep with him every night and even bring him with me to sleepovers. Oh, and I'm definitely going to be bringing him with me to college at the end of this month.

I don't know what makes me feel safe... I just do. I guess knowing that my parents and siblings are doing fine and are safe help me feel safe. I just don't fear my security much on the average day.

Reactions: Box
Honestly, it changes every week... Although, people touch my baby blanket, they get the glare. It was used by my other two sisters, but they won't ever take it from me. It is older then I am but still decent. I usually have some sort of pile of things around my head to grab if I change it up... So in a short version, I sleep better with toys. XD Lol.

nothing particularly... tangible, nor really anything I go to for comfort

though it is nice to recall information I gathered, projects completed with friends, moments in my online history, hilarious moments I enjoyed with others, et cetera

I made a lot of people happy, even if only for a bit--which is always in the back of my head in case I ever decide to think that I've done nothing good with my life

it used to be this plush cat i would bring with me on vacations.... now i don't really have one

Mine's not an item, but a person. My best friend makes me feel really safe, just being around him makes me feel better, no matter how I feel or what mood I'm in. I go to him with EVERYTHING, which I'm sure drives him absolutely crazy, but I just don't feel right going to anyone else with it. I feel the safest with his arms around me though, that's for sure.

When I was younger, I would comfort myself by reciting stuff; quite often I'd recite the order of various book series, especially long series to keep my mind occupied I guess...

When I'm asleep, I find it most comfortable to hold onto something squishy--usually a stuffed animal but can be a pillow if necessary. :p

But during the day, not that much, really. I suppose you could say that I always have a book or my ereader very close by, and when I'm going places, I feel naked without a compass. I have a lot of compasses and for some reason I always like to have one with me. I guess you could call that a "security blanket."

Also, when I'm nervous my hands tend to move more than usual, clenching and pulling at themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back