HELP! Water under ID L screen?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mimirabbit

Reaction score
I spilt water on my ID L and while I was able to clean the surface there's now water underneath the screen. The ID L is still working thankfully, but what should I do?

Rice!

Rice soaks moisture so leaving the iD L in a jar of rice for 48 hours may fix it. Don't forget to take the batteries out first.

Or you could take apart the iD L and wipe the water.

Last edited by a moderator:
YES USE RICE LIKE EMF SAID!!!!!!! when i accidentally left my old iPod out in the rain, we put it in rice for a while, and BAM!!!! good as new!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehehehehehe, I had exactly the same problem. Actually, I wrote a short story on it, you might be able to find it around here....

If you're feeling confident and have taken apart a good few normal tamagotchis before, then for goodness sake, waste no time and unscrew your iD L till you get to the front shell. Then wipe away the water with a lint-free cloth - QUICKLY before the moisture sinks into the actual colour screen.

If you have a circuit-board phobia, then have a go at the above method - jar of rice, 48 hours. On your marks, get set, go!

Does that actually matter EMF? if it does maybe that's the reason my Tamagotchi's screen looks wet even after being in rice every single night o.o
Actually since water could conduct, it can short circuit your Tamagotchi iD L, so don`t risk leaving batteries in, it is harmful for both battery and tamagotchi. Leaving battery in is going to make it worst, when ever there's liquid damage, first thing is to cut electricity (remove battery)

Does that actually matter EMF? if it does maybe that's the reason my Tamagotchi's screen looks wet even after being in rice every single night o.o
Not really, I'm paranoid about battery corrosion XD Even though it probably wouldn't happen in 48 hours lol

If you can find a way to wipe it clean that would be better. Although the rice does work it doesn't prevent mould etc. from then growing inside gadgets where the water was which can cause more damage further down the line >.<. A wipe down will be better.

Also some water leaves residue because of added chemicals, like fluoride and calcium, which is what causes what is called 'hard water spots.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back