Sign in to follow this  
HanaTama

To open or not to open?

I just received a second Umino NIB. My first one was used with no packaging and I'm undecided whether or not to open the new one? Seeing as I already have an Umino to play with. What do you guys think? :)

Depends if you're going to want to sell it in the future. Remember it'll be worth more if you sell it BNIB!

But if you have a burning desire to rip open the cardboard and play with it... Well, go ahead! Make sure to cut the packaging instead of ripping it. Keep the packaging then, and when you ever need to photograph your collection, people will just be like "Oh wow you have a new Umino, you're so lucky!!!!11" ;)

If you already have one to play with I think you should keep the other one unopned, that way if the one you are currently running breaks or gets lost you will have a brand new one you could still use :)

I always play with all my Tamagotchis, I don't see why you should the poor thing in its packet unless you plan on selling it.

• Like 1

I don't know if I would sell it later on, I might just take it out to remove the batteries and see then if I would play with it as well. I feel guilty leaving it in the box but it's just so pretty new! Thank you for your responses everyone :)

Personally, I would at least open to remove the batteries so they don't leak inside of it and ruin the contacts.Then just put it back in the package.

• Like 3

Am I the only one who doesn't keep the packaging? XD

Am I the only one who doesn't keep the packaging? XD

No! I still have the box of my iD L - simply because I love it so much and I had to go through a heck of a lot of hassle to order it from Japan and it came safely and ugh I'm just so pleased I can't imaaagine throwing it away now! XD It's also really pretty so there! Imma treat it well ;)

I would do just that-- open it carefully,and remove the batteries, then re-box it. I keep all of my packaging in a tote out in our shed. The tote is labeled "tamagotchi packaging", and I can find it very easily if needed. That way, I don't have to have it cluttering up my house.

I keep all my packaging as well. It's in a closet which is pretty much full now with only the packaging.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By StarBlade
      Well I recently got the Ocean's secret character, Ningyotchi, for the third time except this time the little mermaid lived for three days! Previously I was under the impression that she can only live for 24 hours at this stage, since the other two times I got her, there was a seemingly unavoidable, hard coded polar bear attack exactly 24 hours after evolving. She just passed this morning at the age of 9.
      Just thought I'd share this major breakthrough in Umino care! XD
    • By mimitchi ^o^
      Okay, so we've seen the re-release of P1 and P2 Tamagotchis, the Tamagotchi mini's, Digimon, the Tamagotchi Nano's are doing well, and the On/Meets/Some are also doing good. This is purely speculation at this point, but perhaps we may see a new wave of the Angel, Forest, and Ocean? I would seriously flip my lip if that happened! And don't even get me started on the Devilgotchi, if that got re-released it would be amazing. Though that one is probably the least likely to be re-released out of the bunch.  
      I hope that if Bandai goes down this path and Tamagotchi continues to be successful again, maybe they'll re-release the connections as well? Sigh, one can dream.
      What does everyone else think? Do you think a re-release of the Angel/Forest/Ocean is feasible? Would you also flip your lid?  I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts!
    • By cannotstoptwinkling
      Four days ago I received and started my very first Ocean tamagotchi run. To summarize, I went from Planktontchi > Kuragetchi > Ototochi > Kaitchi

Here's where it gets a little WEIRD. I took perfect care of planktontchi and then got a fully disciplined yet neglected kuragetchi to evolve into ototochi. Problem is I wanted Kingyotchi for a chance at kaitchi for a hope of Ningyotchi. Since I got otototchi, I decided to take perfect care of ototochi to see which of the good care adult I would get. Ototochi evolved 47 hours later into Kaitchi while at full discipline and hunger hearts. What are the odds? I thought discipline had to be pretty low! 

Almost immediately after evolving into Kaitchi, it got attacked by the polar bear for the first time because the initial discipline was too low to fight it off and lived. I'm not sure if I can still get Ningyotchi due to that, but we'll see! 
    • By ashi.thyst
      I am pretty sure it is completely unopened. Will the batteries have corroded and rendered it unplayable?

And a side question. Can I use a #0 Phillips screwdriver or do I need to prioritize searching for a JIS one?
    • By StarBlade
      Hey folks! So I've gotten Ningyotchi once before, and I'm on my way to getting her again from Kaitchi. But I found on someone's umino growth chart an interesting way to get her and I don't know if its accurate/true. It states that once you have Kaitchi, bump the weight up to 40, then wait 40 minutes then it will evolve into Ningyotchi. Now I know that Ningyotchi's base weight is 40, so I'm wondering if that's where this might have become a rumor. I'd hate to test it and ruin my chances of getting her, plus having to play so many games to get its weight back to 10 if it fails!

Thoughts?
      Here's my last time I got Ningyotchi~