Battery life for tamagotchi friends?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zizi

Reaction score
Hi there,

I was just wondering what a normal battery life should be for the tamagotchi friends? I have had mine for a week, and had to change the batteries at 4 days, and now it is 7 days old it has just come up with the battery symbol again. I haven't owned a tamagotchi that has needed AAA batteries before but this doesn't seem right to me.

A few days I have had it paused all day while I'm at work (I assumed this drained battery less?), and I try and have the sound off when I am playing to save battery.

These are the batteries I am using, perhaps they aren't very good https://buy.energizer.co.uk/batteries/hightech/energizer-high-tech-aaa-batteries-4-pack__ENR-7638900328806.aspx

If anyone has any ideas, or if anyone can offer what a normal battery life should be it would be really helpful. If this is not normal, I might try different batteries and if that doesn't work I might try returning it for a new one :(

My ID L lasted much longer and it's in colour, About a month or so.

What brand of batteries are you using?

Cheap batteries tend to drain faster than ones that are a bit more pricey like Durecell or Energizer.

Either that or the Tamagotchi Friends aren't very power effiecient.

Last edited by a moderator:
My ID L lasted much longer and it's in colour, About a month or so.

What brand of batteries are you using?

Cheap batteries tend to drain faster than ones that are a bit more pricey like Durecell or Energizer.

Either that or the Tamagotchi Friends aren't very power effiecient.
Oh, he mentioned:

Energizer HighTech AAA Batteries 4 Pack

Thanks for the replies, I think I'll try some different batteries today just in case and see if that does the trick. I hope I don't have to be replacing them every 4 days!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies, I think I'll try some different batteries today just in case and see if that does the trick. I hope I don't have to be replacing them every 4 days!
I just remembered something, I once had a defective V4 that would drain batteries within 24 hours or so. It's possible that yours could be the the same thing.

Cheap batteries only last two weeks in a Tamagotchi Friends for me, but superior batteries last a little longer than an iD L... about a month, I think. It's good that there's a 5-bumps-per-day limit, or else the batteries would die even quicker.

I use the energiser extreme batteries and between switching them out between the TF, IDL and P's they last around a month are 2 and just ran out yesterday :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back