"Tamagofchi" Virtual Pet with uncanny likeness

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GotchiGuardian

Reaction score
Okay so I was browsing ebay UK and came across this listing...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Virtual-Pet-Like-Tamagotchi-49-In-1-Cyber-Pet-Toy-Retro-BLUE-PET-Digital-/171425191618?pt=UK_Toys_ElectronicPets_RL&hash=item27e9bcd6c2

I did a double take after I saw the lines on the "tamagofchi" background. And the logo too was very convincing for anyone with bad eyes or poor observation.

The shells/egg likeness is uncanny though, right?! I mean I had to laugh out loud when I realized that this wasn't at all a Bandai product. I was wondering why there was a day to go and no bids XD

Ah dear.

Buyer beware

and by that I just mean study the picture and read the title listing.

What I did was just take a look at the thumbnail picture and think OMGZ CHEAP TAMAS!!!111

Don't make this mistake!

That smells of Chinese knockoff x-x
Yep, I get the same scent.... > :(

It looks like the logo says Famagofchi. They turned the T's into F's. Definitely Tamagotchi wannabes.
Ooh looks like you're right - the Famagofchi XD My bad eyes and observation skills must be bad!

It appears this Chinese company are a bit confused as to what to call the brand.

Look'ee here..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Virtual-Pet-ELECTRONIC-PET-Like-Tamagotchi-49-in1-Digital-Pets-Cyber-Pet-Giga-/181411427863?pt=UK_Toys_ElectronicPets_RL&var=&hash=item2a3cf6b617

The logo on the packaging says "Tamamotohi" I think. Very clever. Very clever indeed...

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know what that price translates to in $?

Looks interesting to say the least. I used to collect odd knockoffs a long time ago, and those lok like they'd fit right in with my collection.

Anyone know what that price translates to in $?

Looks interesting to say the least. I used to collect odd knockoffs a long time ago, and those lok like they'd fit right in with my collection.
According to Google £6,99 is the equivalent to $11.60 dollars... That's the sort of price I'd pay for a used legit tamagotchi, but the seller posts worldwide, so if you fancy a cleverly marketed virtual pet, go for it!

I think the transparent shells are actually quite pretty, especially the blue one. I wouldn't mind having the shell and putting v4 or entama works into it. But those lines for the background? Please.

I recognize that giraffe. It seems that those fake guts are extremely common. I've seen them in a variety of shells. I have a translucent orange one shaped like a P1 with four buttons. It has a cover than can open and close like a lid. There was a video review of it on YouTube before in a big, Version 3-like shell with a clip and four buttons. But that video is gone now.

The virtual pet has a wide range of pets to choose from. It will show their final evolved form when you choose them, and they evolve over time. They're pretty cute but you can only play games and stuff when the pet WANTS you to. I think the best feature is the weather. When it's raining you need to give your pet an umbrella and when it's sunny you need to give your pet a hat.

I honestly feel bad for the person who doesn't know that this Tamagotchi is fake... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back