Blank Familitchi: real or fake?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

painaputchi

Reaction score
Hello everyone!! I was giving an eye on ebay and I found this: https://www.ebay.it/itm/TAMAGOTCHI-WHITE-DRAW-YOUR-OWN-DESIGN-EXTREMELY-RARE-WORKING-AND-UNUSED-/111442233628?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item19f279891c

The owner says it's a prototype of Tamagotchi V5 familitchi.... but the last pic is different: it has a round rear and its pearl, not totally blank. Do you think Bandai really made blank tamagotchis so you could paint them yourself? I searched on google but I found nothing about this.... However, how could one safely paint his own tamagotchi?

Hmm. "Bandai Wiz 2004". Looks legit to me. And quite an interesting tamagotchi... The seller says it's a prototype. It may well be, and she's suggesting that you can paint it if you so will.

I don't think I've seen Bandai promote customizing tamagotchis, but this looks like a good one to work on. I'm actually in the process of painting a tama right now. II'll probably post a picture when I'm done. Basically I'm using acrylics on a worn-down old tamagotchi. I'm doing it in layers so the paint doesn't exactly go... Well, everywhere. (Learnt that by trial and error......)

If you have any transfers perhaps you could stick them on this tamagotchi? No paint, no mess, no brush strokes...

Or rhinestones, maybe?

Ooh by the way, are you Italian then? I'm actually learning Italian; it's such an elegant language.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw it yesterday I think on ebay too, I was wondering the same, it seems legit but I have never heard about blank tamagotchi's... seems like a cool concept though.

he could have just bught a white V5 and made the paint rub off though

I hope someone gets it and tell us how it is, the shipping makes it too expensive for myself xD

@GotchiGuardian: yes!! I'm italian! :D I can help you with the language if you want ;)

If I can ask: what tama are you painting? Did you have to take the pieces apart before? I'd like to paint my TF with transparent paint so the original design doesn't wear off, but I'm afraid to break it :(

@Myiko: exactly, I'm just hoping it isn't simply a super-used tama... The price is good, but the expedition... come on!!! If only one could choose the expedition methods! However if I'm lucky tomorrow I'll buy a familitchi: I found a shop in my town that still sells them! Wish me good luck ;) !! *crossing my fingers*

I've seen this seller list several of these "blank" familitchis. Not sure if they're legit. Each time one pops up on ebay, a ton of people bid on them.

I saw it yesterday I think on ebay too, I was wondering the same, it seems legit but I have never heard about blank tamagotchi's... seems like a cool concept though.

he could have just bught a white V5 and made the paint rub off though

I hope someone gets it and tell us how it is, the shipping makes it too expensive for myself xD
Good idea about the paint rubbing off, but I think that would be impossible -

What I've found when I've been meddling/customizing my tamagotchis is that the plastic is actually coloured. There's a base colour of the plastic, and then you have all those transfers added onto the plastic, and some extra paint if needed. That's what struck me about the pure-white familitchi. I don't think I've ever seen a V5 covered head-to-toe in white plastic. The roof of the antenna at least would be a different colour...

So yes. If it is a prototype, I wonder if the user would find any glitches or something... *rubs hands together in excitement*

@GotchiGuardian: yes!! I'm italian! :D I can help you with the language if you want ;)

If I can ask: what tama are you painting? Did you have to take the pieces apart before? I'd like to paint my TF with transparent paint so the original design doesn't wear off, but I'm afraid to break it :(

@Myiko: exactly, I'm just hoping it isn't simply a super-used tama... The price is good, but the expedition... come on!!! If only one could choose the expedition methods! However if I'm lucky tomorrow I'll buy a familitchi: I found a shop in my town that still sells them! Wish me good luck ;) !! *crossing my fingers*
That would be awesome! I think I'll take you up on the offer ;)

As for the tama-painting - yes, I did have to take apart the tamagotchi. If you unscrew the circuit board until you get to the screen, the top part of the shell should come away.

I say that, but the tama I'm working on doesn't have a keyring, so I was able to prise away the front pretty easily.

You have to be careful about taking apart tamas though. If you break the sound wires or screen rubber or something, as unfortunate as it sounds, TamaTalk cannot be held responsible!! ;)

I only took apart my tamagotchi because I didn't want the screen/IR cover/buttons to get covered in paint, but you know - I am a perfectionist after all XD

I'm painting a V4, my very oldest in my collection... Wish me luck!

Yes, I think v4 are the most "taken apart" tamagotchis of all XD

TF is almost impossible to unscrew: it has no points where you can unscrew!! It's all hidden! Me and my bf thought to simply "mask" the screen (in Italian we literally say "mask" something when you paint: it means covering some points, usually with tape, so that the paint can't go into those points): do you think this could work? or the paint will eventually go on the screen?

Its real, someone i know bought one and its real :) the seller said it was supposed to be signed and give away cos thry were a vand... But it never happened...

Wow!!! Cool! However I love so much the original design, with that hyper-cute chimney and the city or characters painted all around, that I don't think I'll ever prefer a blank familitchi on a regular Bandai-painted one. :D I'd love to have the key-shaped keychain too, but they're not sold in my country :(

Wow good luck getting a familitchi!! that's the only black/white tama I'm running at the moment, I would say it's one of the best really , so I hope you get it!!

I've been bidding on them too, every time one pops up, but have not been successful. I do have a pure white Akai Keitai though, so no problem if I don't win. I'm bidding on the one listed today also. If I am lucky enough to get one, it's staying white.

@Myiko: thanks!! :wub:

@Magicboa: oooooh good luck!! ^^ Is there a precise reason why you would keep it white? Or it's just that you don't want to take the risk to ruin it while painting it (like me)? I personally don't think I could resist the temptation to try to paint it! XD

Yes, I think v4 are the most "taken apart" tamagotchis of all XD

TF is almost impossible to unscrew: it has no points where you can unscrew!! It's all hidden! Me and my bf thought to simply "mask" the screen (in Italian we literally say "mask" something when you paint: it means covering some points, usually with tape, so that the paint can't go into those points): do you think this could work? or the paint will eventually go on the screen?
Tell me about it XD I have three version 4's so that's probably why I'm so willing to customize the one I already have...

(That and it's pretty worn down anyway, so...... ;) )

Aww man, I've never bought a TF, but that sounds pretty horrible D: How is one supposed to open up the tamagotchi to see how it works?!

The masking idea is great - I don't know why I never thought of it before! It might work, but it depends if you have a super-steady hand to avoid the buttons and the "cracks" on the side. My hand would probably fail XD

My bf says that spray paint is "solid" enough to not drip too much into holes. Plus TF seems like it's made of many plastic layers one on the other (like T4U that has a plate that you can wear off without reaching the circuits: TF should be made the same way, just not removable :) ). So maybe even if it drips a bit it isn't a great problem XD however I don't know if I'll ever take the risk.

Today I wasn't lucky and I didn't buy a V5: that shop was selling them for 15 € just half a week ago and now sells them for 30 €!!! Wut?? XD I'm not spending that much for a v5!! Plus it sells TF for 30-40€, while on supermarket they're sold for 19,99.... thiefs! -___- The guys and girls that work there are even quite unpolite and don't care a dolphin about the customers and that's why I didn't buy the tama there as soon as I saw it: I don't want to give them money when they just deserve a kick.... down there!

The best way to ever paint something by far is to remove all the guts, including separating the wires from the speaker inside and then re-soldering when done. Otherwise the paint will get in places you don't want it to. And after painting it would be a good idea to spray with a sealer afterward. Automotive spray paints are the BEST when it comes to painting an item that is guaranteed wear and tear--most custom console and console accessory artists use automotive paint.

Midorime, I actually only want to put a sealer on my TF ;) I want the paint it already has to stay there (because I read in other topics that TF paint wears off too easily :( ). So I'm interested in this Automotive paint but I never heard of this: what is it?

You would use a glossy varnish to seal it. There are many different kinds, some are better than others. They're pricey, though, since they are made for cars, but they are built to last and withstand the weather. The best kind are the ones you put into a spray gun, though, but that's a lot of extra work. Your best bet is to head to a home depot or Lowes or a similar place to find a good gloss coat (if you want it shiny) as a spray paint and practice spraying something to prevent drips. Or the automotive one that is the real deal which you can get at car places, but they are about double the cost.

Painaputchi, I would keep it white just for the simple fact that there are not too many pure white ones around. It would stay that way just as a conversation piece.

Actually, you're right U____U The Full Blank one should be one of the rarest tamagotchi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back