Yume Nikki, anyone?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATUUURE :D

Reaction score
Does anyone here play Yume Nikki? Its the most beautiful game ever. But! I hadn't finish it yet because its too long. @-@ Btw, Yume Nikki is also a Japanese word for 'Dream Diary' which is actually cool. Its not that scary because you won't die or you won't be killed because the characters are all harmless. Except for the toriningen and uboa-chan.

LATE RESPONSE BUT... Yume Nikki isn't too long xP in my opinion it was quite small -after you got a hold of the bike moving becomes that much more easier and the rest of the game flies by in a breeze- although it's much open to interpretation and I've found I got different things from it by playing through it multiple times. What touched me most in the entire game was probably Masada-sensei and the implications about his story and development... What honestly freaked me out was Kyukyu-kun... >_> In any case, if you loved it may I suggest you check out Miserere; the premise is very similar, and so is the feel, atmosphere and style although it's a little "richer" than Yume Nikki as an experience.
"

I have played many horror rpg games and tbh YN made me feel more uneasy than the others (maybe except Misao)... It's probably because of the darn music and climate.

I have played many horror rpg games and tbh YN made me feel more uneasy than the others (maybe except Misao)... It's probably because of the darn music and climate.
You really found Misao to be unsettling? o3o That surprises me mostly because of all the black comedy and b-movie splatter that was stacked into it... and it was very... tame in comparison to a lot of things I have played.

As for the music in Yume Nikki, I think you're correct. It's pivotal in setting the feeling of the game since there is exactly zero dialogue to go about. You should try listening to the fan re-orchestrated version of the tracks found in the *24-EFFECTS* disc. :)

I'm a rape survivor so the scene where the guys put Misao in the toilet with the guy just so he can rape her seriously triggered me, in addition my ex girlfriend shamed me that I'm stupid that I reacted to this so much, especially since I related to Misao so much and she kept shaming her about how much she hates her and stuff.... The game didn't scare me, it scarred me. Psychologically. That aside...

I'm more of a Yume Nikki fangame person though.

Ahh yume nikki brings back memories.

I used to lay on the floor and watch my brother play... I remember we tried to find uboa at midnight before XD and I was pretty scared of the game.

it doesn't really scare me now though :p

THANK GOD SOMEONE LOVES THIS GAME TOO!!! i thought i'd never find one outside of tumblr!

its my favorite game of all time, and yum 2kki and Me are my favorite fan games!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back