Insert a beautiful title here

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~DreamButterfly~

Reaction score
I refresh the page. 1 new PM. I silently laugh. I doubt it's a reply to the PM I sent about moderating a website. I click the PM icon. Sure enough, it's my boyfriend. Writing PMs that make me feel like crap. He doesn't mean it. But I'm hurt. I send a reply, then set my phone on my dresser and walk to my shelf.

So many choices...I could read about the famous library cat in Iowa, the legends of American Indians, or even a barn owl living with a biologist in California. But a spot of blue catches my eye. Going back to the bed, I see my English book. Well, she said 20 minutes of reading right? She never told us how much we had to read in 20 minutes. I made myself comfortable and opened up to where I was.

Whenever I finish a good book, I clap in my head. Because who says movies get all the applause? When I finished Wesley the Owl and Dewey, I stood up from my bed and started clapping. And crying. Even after the book ends, I feel the characters beside me. Sometimes I feel Dewey working his magic, or Wesley expressing his thoughts on everything. Some times Lydia Pierce will quote some thing from the Shaker's teachings. It provides me with comfort.

Immediately I was transported to the Big Island, in a old truck driving to weigh Alii, a Hawaiian boar. I wondered who weighed more, the pig or the aunt. Reading, I forget all about the PM, my boyfriend, everything. I am totally focused on the story. Eventually I'll wake up from this dream of books. Soon I'll go on chat and talk there. But until then, I'm happy in my paradise among the words.

*inserts beautiful title*: An escape from the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back