When to bring your Tamagotchi to school and when to NOT

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amarie

Reaction score
Soo here is my first Tips & Tricks post... here it goes! :huh:

If you want to bring your Tama to school, here are my tips on when you can bring it and when you can't. Also try seeing if your teachers/principal/head allows toys in school or you want to risk it.

WHEN to bring your Tamagotchi to school (of course, on mute/silent and most likely on pause):

1. When you don't have any special occassions in school, example: no Sports Fest, no Teacher's Day, etc.

2. When you aren't going to have any fire drills, or anything. Tamas may get lost in the process! :angry:

3. When you are going to have LOADS of free time on a particular day... like if you have two straight substitute classes.

4. When your annoying cousin comes to visit and may touch and poke your Tama.

5. When you are going out after school. There was a time when straight after class in the afternoon we went to the airport and flew all the way to another city, and I forgot my v7! Worst experience ever!

6. When you will be having long breaks during lunch and recess, a great opportunity to check on your Tamas!

When to NOT bring your Tamagotchi to school:

1. When there are special occassions, like as stated above, especially if you will be actively joining in!

2. When you will be having a tight, busy schedule in school.

3. When you will be undergoing fire drills, earthquake drills, etc. :p

4. When you will be having a lot of projects to do in school (your Tamas may be a distraction if you are working projects after class in school :eek: )

IF you risk bringing your Tama even though you know you aren't allowed:

1. DO NOT, DO NOT bring your Tama on Inspection Day (our school has this monthly. It sucks.)

Anyway hope this helped! Comment below if you've got anything to add! :D

I would just play it safe, and not take Tamas to school at all. Leave them paused, and resume playing at home.

I'll always take it to the university xD

I always take mine to university too! They're good company for those long library sessions right? :p But I think that's a bit different to school :3

I don't take mine to school, maybe once ot twice a month, but thats it. :p

I always take mine to university too! They're good company for those long library sessions right? :p But I think that's a bit different to school :3
Oh my gosh yes! Especially when we have substitutes and they just leave us in the library! Our librarian doesn't mind too much if we make noise or do stuff so I use it during library sessions!

Oh my gosh yes! Especially when we have substitutes and they just leave us in the library! Our librarian doesn't mind too much if we make noise or do stuff so I use it during library sessions!
We don't have librarians :3 It's self service so the only people you have to worry about is the other students, and I think they're more bothered about the take-away smells and deadlines :D

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't have librarians :3 It's self service so the only people you have to worry about is the other students, and I think they're more bothered about the take-away smells and deadlines :D
Then you're even luckier! I'd want to go to a school with a self-service library!

I was in 2nd year when i had my embarrasing tama moment :

Just before Recess , we were all doing maths. The day was just the ushe until we were in the middle of maths when out of my pencil case , BEEP BEEP BEEP. Everyone dropped there pens/pencils. My face was now red , and I was 95% sure I turned off my sound. The whole classroom started to look around , looking confused. One boy in my class was sitting beside me , and he was probably the biggest telly tattler in the school. He knew where it came from. He looked at my pencil case and then me and I knew he was gonna tell. Just before the teacher could say anything , he shouted out : *my name* did it!! It came from from her pencil case!!! The teacher immediatly came over to my desk and investigated my pencil case. When she pulled my Tama out , I said that it is my alarm , and that I forgot that it was in my pencil case. She answered "I don't see any time on this!!" I grabbed it off of her and showed her the time. So I quickly changed it to the time on it. She believed me and the boy had an angry face on him : p. And btw , this teacher was my evil maths teacher , and would confiscate anything that you would be fiddling at.

I was very lucky. This happend about a week ago. I was so relieved that she didn't take it :D

I'm in high school, and nobody really cares what I do or judges me, as long as I don't let it distract me from my work (too much ;) ) So I just tote it along in it's crochet case. In middle/elementary school, however, it was wayyyy different. People would tattle on everything and tease you about having kids' toys. If you really want to take your tamas to school, just wait until high school or later.

My High school doesn't care about my tama. They usually just laugh and say "wow I havent seen someone with one of those at school in years!" i guess it's true haha the tama craze was years ago.

:D

I'm no longer in school, but I do tote my tamas to work. If my tam is in a needy stage, I keep it on pause, but I have enough breaks throughout the day that its not too big of a deal to take care of them.

When I was in elementary/middle school, I was lucky because our teachers didnt care if we had them. I could carry them around my neck on a lanyard and no one said anything!!

In high school, I was honestly kind of embarassed of carrying them in plain sight so I shoved them in my pockets or my pencil bags. At this point, I no longer care. Im in the break room at work right now and my tama is sitting on the table right in front of me!!

I remember there was a Tama craze among primary schoolers when I was one. I had a V3 and I kept bringing it to school. Now I'm in high schooland nobody seems to be interested in it. Thus I don't bring it to school anymore.

I'm in high school, and no one really cares that I'm into Tamagotchis. I usually feed/clean up poop in between classes and play games with them during break and lunch. The only times I put them on pause at school are during tests and during my 3rd+4th period (since I know I won't have any oppertunities to take care of them)

Some teachers know I have them because I leave them on my desk, but I never get distracted with them so they never bug me about it

I plan on choosing a Tama and running only that one. I'll probably choose to keep it on me.

The problem with actually running a pet at school: when you leave the sound off, you miss important calls for attention (if you're not sitting it on the desk or check it less often than every 15 minutes)

which is not really an issue for casual care, if you're bringing a modern release

If you got a new tama off ebay, take a picture of it with the package(if its nib) and tell your classmates and friends you found it in some random toy store, then tell them you'll bring it to school so you don't have to hind it from them and they won't judge you lol (i'm going to try this with my dinkie dino let's hope for the best :D )

I play this game at work. Sometimes if I have a second to glance down and shove food and sweets at them to keep them happy I do so. Fifteens and lunches are used to get their weight down again. Sound is kept off so no one will hear them beep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back