Book Signings?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amarie

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I hope this topic hasn't been started yet or anything.

I just wanted to ask, have you ever been to a book signing? Do you plan to? And finally, are any of your books signed?

I have been to Veronica Rossi's book signing (you get a virtual cupcake or something if you can guess the trilogy she wrote! :D ) and got my three books signed. Also been to Ransom Rigg's book signing!

And for the books that I have signed... I have Four by Veronica Roth signed, and Isla & The Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins signed as well.

Hope to hear your replies!

Veronica Roth = Divergent series

I have only been to one book signing which is Mitch Albom's. I have all of his books and they're all amazing but sadly, a lot of people went to the book signing (it lasted 8 hours I think) and they only permitted one book per person. I had my First Phone Call From Heaven signed by my favorite author! I also have a picture with him but I won't be posting it :p If you don't know him, you should look him up. He's AMAZING.

Veronica Roth = Divergent series

I have only been to one book signing which is Mitch Albom's. I have all of his books and they're all amazing but sadly, a lot of people went to the book signing (it lasted 8 hours I think) and they only permitted one book per person. I had my First Phone Call From Heaven signed by my favorite author! I also have a picture with him but I won't be posting it :p If you don't know him, you should look him up. He's AMAZING.
Hahaha I put Veronica Rossi! :D Don't worry a few of my classmates got confused when I told them about it.

OMIGOSH OMIGOSH MITCH ALBOM! I read Tuesdays With Morrie and For One More Day! I really want to read The Five People You Meet In Heaven but I can't seem to find it!

Mitch Albom had a book signing here but I didn't go. I was about 9 or 10 and had no idea who he was. I only started reading him this year!

If you enjoy Mitch Albom try reading The Christmas List by RIchard Paul Evans. It's light and touching! I cried after reading it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha I put Veronica Rossi! :D Don't worry a few of my classmates got confused when I told them about it.

OMIGOSH OMIGOSH MITCH ALBOM! I read Tuesdays With Morrie and For One More Day! I really want to read The Five People You Meet In Heaven but I can't seem to find it!

Mitch Albom had a book signing here but I didn't go. I was about 9 or 10 and had no idea who he was. I only started reading him this year!

If you enjoy Mitch Albom try reading The Christmas List by RIchard Paul Evans. It's light and touching! I cried after reading it!
OMG Totally read Veronica Roth instead of Veronica Rossi. Heard of her before from my friend and she keeps telling me to read her books but never really had a chance to do so. WIll try to find for The Christmas List. Thanks! :D

OMG Totally read Veronica Roth instead of Veronica Rossi. Heard of her before from my friend and she keeps telling me to read her books but never really had a chance to do so. WIll try to find for The Christmas List. Thanks! :D
You're welcome!

And I read Veronica Roth, too. secretly proud of myself for reading it before the movie came out. I watched the movie three times! ^_^

I've been to quite a few book signings and readings throughout my life. The most memorable would be...

Nicholas Sparks

Sarah Dessen

Alice Sebold

I had all of them sign multiple books for me. I always try to bring my entire author collections, and most of the time, I can usually get away with having each author sign all of my books. It depends on who's in charge of the event though! I think my favorite reading/signing out of those three was Alice Sebold. Even though I was most excited to meet Sarah Dessen (because I loved her books when I was a teen), Alice's event was planned much better. I was an English major in college and one of my professors knew I loved Alice's The Lovely Bones, so she gave me special tickets to a more private event. The reading was super low key and I was one of the first people to meet Alice when she was signing books at the end. I have very fond memories of the experience!

I'm a book collector (bibliophile would be a better term to describe me!) so I have a nice collection of signed books. I make sure almost all of them are first edition, first printing (to feed the book fanatic within, haha). Here are my absolute favorites:

The Stolen Child (first edition, first printing); signed by Keith Donohue

The Virgin Suicides (first edition, first printing); signed by Jeffrey Eugenides

Middlesex (first edition, first printing); signed by Jeffrey Eugenides - Winner of the Pulitzer Prize!

I, unfortunately, haven't had the opportunity to meet Keith or Jeffrey... They're my very favorite authors though so I hope I get the opportunity to do so someday. :wub: I bought my signed copies of their pieces through reputable book vendors.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been to quite a few book signings and readings throughout my life. The most memorable would be...

Nicholas Sparks

Sarah Dessen

Alice Sebold

I had all of them sign multiple books for me. I always try to bring my entire author collections, and most of the time, I can usually get away with having each author sign all of my books. It depends on who's in charge of the event though! I think my favorite reading/signing out of those three was Alice Sebold. Even though I was most excited to meet Sarah Dessen (because I loved her books when I was a teen), Alice's event was planned much better. I was an English major in college and one of my professors knew I loved Alice's The Lovely Bones, so she gave me special tickets to a more private event. The reading was super low key and I was one of the first people to meet Alice when she was signing books at the end. I have very fond memories of the experience!

I'm a book collector (bibliophile would be a better term to describe me!) so I have a nice collection of signed books. I make sure almost all of them are first edition, first printing (to feed the book fanatic within, haha). Here are my absolute favorites:

The Stolen Child (first edition, first printing); signed by Keith Donohue

The Virgin Suicides (first edition, first printing); signed by Jeffrey Eugenides

Middlesex (first edition, first printing); signed by Jeffrey Eugenides - Winner of the Pulitzer Prize!

I, unfortunately, haven't had the opportunity to meet Keith or Jeffrey... They're my very favorite authors though so I hope I get the opportunity to do so someday. :wub: I bought my signed copies of their pieces through reputable book vendors.
SARAH DESSEN! I've read The Truth About Forever & What Happened To Goodbye.

Saw a signed copy (authentic) of The Moon & More on eBay but it was a little too pricey! :(

Oh and guys, I'm going to another book signing in 9 days! I'm going to get my books signed by Claudia Gray! YAY! ^_^

SARAH DESSEN! I've read The Truth About Forever & What Happened To Goodbye.

Saw a signed copy (authentic) of The Moon & More on eBay but it was a little too pricey! :(

Oh and guys, I'm going to another book signing in 9 days! I'm going to get my books signed by Claudia Gray! YAY! ^_^
It's great to meet another Sarah fan! My favorite favorite book by her is This Lullaby. I read it in high school when it was first released, and the male lead, Dexter, reminded me so much of my boyfriend (who is now my husband). She did a tour a few years ago and one of her stops was about two hours away from us, so my husband and I drove to the bookshop to meet her. It was really great finally having the opportunity to tell her how special her book was to me and that I found my Dexter. ^_^

(Dreamland is a close second, by the way. The story is so sad next to all of Sarah's other books.)

Have fun at the next signing! They're very addictive. ;)

It's great to meet another Sarah fan! My favorite favorite book by her is This Lullaby. I read it in high school when it was first released, and the male lead, Dexter, reminded me so much of my boyfriend (who is now my husband). She did a tour a few years ago and one of her stops was about two hours away from us, so my husband and I drove to the bookshop to meet her. It was really great finally having the opportunity to tell her how special her book was to me and that I found my Dexter. ^_^

(Dreamland is a close second, by the way. The story is so sad next to all of Sarah's other books.)

Have fun at the next signing! They're very addictive. ;)
I know!!!!

I have even more good news! My uncle (who's taking me to the signing, since my mom HATES waiting at 'those things', as she calls book signings), has a friend who operates the mall where the book signing will be held.

He's trying to get in touch with her to see if she can get us a private signing!

OH MY GOSH I HOPE IT'S POSSIBLE! My uncle didn't promise this to me yet.. but he's trying! :D

I know!!!!

I have even more good news! My uncle (who's taking me to the signing, since my mom HATES waiting at 'those things', as she calls book signings), has a friend who operates the mall where the book signing will be held.

He's trying to get in touch with her to see if she can get us a private signing!

OH MY GOSH I HOPE IT'S POSSIBLE! My uncle didn't promise this to me yet.. but he's trying! :D
That's wonderful! SO exciting. Good luck, I hope it works out in your favor. :D Such a treat!

Ya. We have had authors come to our school. This national reading thing. Whale Talk and Please Stop Laughing at Me. I think Tree Girl too, but I am not sure. Whom ever wrote those... I didn't get the books signed but it was an option. You had to buy a copy of the book, not the read it once and be in storage forever books. My school didn't let us have them/take them outta the school and everyone had a copy to "read".

Guess what. Claudia Gray thing was cancelled.

BUT..... I was able to meet Marie Lu a few weeks ago! It was awesome, I was able to chat with her for a bit, and she even added my name on my books!

Now it's personalized!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back