Overall, what do you think of the Tamagotchi 4U

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you glad you have a 4U?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YURIA★CHARMAINE

Reaction score
Not to be confused with my earlier topic, "Who's excited for the 4U".

Ok, so since some of you tamagotchi fans have got your 4Us now and since the 27th is out of the way, and they're coming out online and in Japan, I want to know what you think of your 4U, those who own one.

I do not own a 4U, but I will be getting one in November, so basically I'm still waiting 4U. But in the meantime, tell me what you think of your 4Us, and by the way, you are all entitled to your opinions and you can trust me to respect it no mattar what.

Pls vote in the poll and make any other comments by replying to this topic.

And here's my ending line:

#4U4everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
Still don't have mine, but since some people already have it, now I know something.

At first I was disappointed

Then, with people getting a 4U before its release date I was excited

Then again disappointed.

The people who got a 4U before its release date never told to us a 4U's pro and cons, but Eternal Mametchi Fan did it, and it has more cons.

She tried about 20 times to connect and she did it only twice.

No pets.

No seeds.

Few destinations.

Only 4 clothes and 4 accesories.

And I think something more.

I think infrared is better at this point, a Tamagotchi don't need to connect to a phone to be fun, so putting NFC to make an app...umh...stupid...my smartphone doesn't support both NFC and ifrared anyway, but infrared connectors for computers are less pricey than NFC ones.

So....

1) Very disappointed

2) Tamagotchi P's

3) downloadable characters

4) only 10 built in characters

5) I don't know.

I'll not buy a 4U at this point, let's wait for 2016 when Bandai will release a new version.

I was right, Tamagotchi can be extra girly but fun, but it can be also unisex but less fun than a girly one.

Hope you'll enjoy your 4Us, but I'll not buy one.

In my opinion, P's has more features, more characters, pierces where you can get more characters, games and even transformations.

Making toddlers able to wear accessories, great, but it's not an awesome feature.

School: maybe on the 4U there are more activities, but it can make it better than the P's.

I prefer the P's and it's one fo my fav.

Ok.

The iD has only 11 characters, but it's about 5 years old, and the new anime has more main characters, very disappointes Candy Pakupaku is NOT downloadable, but Kikitchi, a character that still have to speak in the series, does. (don't hate me, Kikitchi is one of my fav characters).

Anyway the iD has more content than a 4U, and it can even download more stuff and games.

The Plus Color has no downloadable content, but it's first color version and is almost 6.It has more than 2 mini games, the characters are few, but it's the first color version, and there was no anime, so the main characters where only Mametchi, Memetchi and Kuchipatchi (the original trio), and also Kikitchi and Chamametchi, anyway, the most important characters like Mametchi, Memetchi, Kuchipatchi, Chamametchi Kikitchi, Violetchi, Makiko and Kuromametchi are in the +Color.

The second movie debuted a month later than the Plus Color, and it has even Uki Uki Seeds, and Hapihapi fruits, like in the movie.

So, I think it's even better to buy an iD or a Plus Color instead of a 4U.

The connection was a problem at first, but now I have worked out you need to go to the connection icon for only ONE of the 4Us :eek: But still, it takes such a long time to connect...

It is not a bad Tamagotchi, the detail in the rooms and animations are really cute. But very limited! I don't think you can unlock additional destinations but we will see...

I love my TMGC+C much more than my 4U though. It has more built in items and destinations and it has seeds

I'm loving it.

With the IDL and P's by the time I had raised 20 or so characters I got to the stage where I was just going through the motions and getting the number of care misses I needed then leaving the Tama asleep to complete my Tamatomo. With only 10 main characters it seems more do-able and less of a chore to raise them all.

Then there is the fact that there's probably going to be quite a lot of downloadable characters so it keeps the 4u replayable.

The inbuilt clothing and items are on par with the IDL (with the 4u having more in built clothes than the P's).

There's also the fact you don't have to buy 3 of them to get all inbuilt characters and if you do have more than one I've seen someone say you actually get to play the connection game; impossible with infrared.

The only part I'm not loving is the white back. It's my favourite blue of all my blue colour tamas and I just kinda wish it was fully blue.

Otherwise its been out less than 2 weeks and as Bandai kept having new downloads/pierces etc for previous FAMAS I can only imagine how much we'll get for them to utilise the NFC, and it has the potential to be my favourite Tama.

I am very pleased with this version. :wub:
1. It has 3 games from the beginning (2 in game arcade + 1 in park)
2. The babysitter feature
3. The praising and scolding features
4. Choosing your mood at the beginning of the day
5. Choosing the alphabet when filling the info; I've heard rants about choosing the alphabet for every letter, but that actually makes a lot of sense - you can type in characters from different alphabets without being limited to just one, and scrolling through them makes it a lot quicker than scrolling through ALL letters and ALL symbols to get to a certain letter like in Tamagotchi P's (that drove me crazy, I was putting it off for a long time because of that) and the anger when you accidentally skipped that letter you wanted and had to scroll through everything AGAIN
6. The fact that the garden improves after touching with an active NFC spot
7. The fact that 4 different destinations are now hidden under one, meaning the Tama Depa Shopping Centre (there's the game arcade, items store, home remodel, and clothes store)
8. Toilet training, cleaning training, teeth brushing training
9. Learning special skills
10. Post-adult stage of the characters
11. The shell is gorgeous and perfect in my opinion, I love it
12. 5 icon backgrounds from the beginning
13. We can now customize the shells by adding different faceplates (you can even make your own ones, Brittygotchi has made a tutorial video on how to do that)
14. Cute animations appearing when touching with an active NFC spot
15. Loads of downloadable content
16. The app for the smartphones

Still don't have mine, but since some people already have it, now I know something.

At first I was disappointed

Then, with people getting a 4U before its release date I was excited

Then again disappointed.

The people who got a 4U before its release date never told to us a 4U's pro and cons, but Eternal Mametchi Fan did it, and it has more cons.

She tried about 20 times to connect and she did it only twice.

No pets.

No seeds.

Few destinations.

Only 4 clothes and 4 accesories.

And I think something more.

I think infrared is better at this point, a Tamagotchi don't need to connect to a phone to be fun, so putting NFC to make an app...umh...stupid...my smartphone doesn't support both NFC and ifrared anyway, but infrared connectors for computers are less pricey than NFC ones.

So....

1) Very disappointed

2) Tamagotchi P's

3) downloadable characters

4) only 10 built in characters

5) I don't know.

I'll not buy a 4U at this point, let's wait for 2016 when Bandai will release a new version.

I was right, Tamagotchi can be extra girly but fun, but it can be also unisex but less fun than a girly one.

Hope you'll enjoy your 4Us, but I'll not buy one.

In my opinion, P's has more features, more characters, pierces where you can get more characters, games and even transformations.

Making toddlers able to wear accessories, great, but it's not an awesome feature.

School: maybe on the 4U there are more activities, but it can make it better than the P's.

I prefer the P's and it's one fo my fav.

Ok.

The iD has only 11 characters, but it's about 5 years old, and the new anime has more main characters, very disappointes Candy Pakupaku is NOT downloadable, but Kikitchi, a character that still have to speak in the series, does. (don't hate me, Kikitchi is one of my fav characters).

Anyway the iD has more content than a 4U, and it can even download more stuff and games.

The Plus Color has no downloadable content, but it's first color version and is almost 6.It has more than 2 mini games, the characters are few, but it's the first color version, and there was no anime, so the main characters where only Mametchi, Memetchi and Kuchipatchi (the original trio), and also Kikitchi and Chamametchi, anyway, the most important characters like Mametchi, Memetchi, Kuchipatchi, Chamametchi Kikitchi, Violetchi, Makiko and Kuromametchi are in the +Color.

The second movie debuted a month later than the Plus Color, and it has even Uki Uki Seeds, and Hapihapi fruits, like in the movie.

So, I think it's even better to buy an iD or a Plus Color instead of a 4U.
There are actually more clothes and accessories hidden in the toy, but they are easy to find. The connection, when you do it right is actually easy.

The connection was a problem at first, but now I have worked out you need to go to the connection icon for only ONE of the 4Us :eek:
This Tamagotchi relies on DLC (most of which is free btw). Over 50% of people in japan have smartphones and pretty much all of them have access to the stores and centers that will have touch spots. I have seen it called a customizable TMGC+C. I love that idea. I can't wait to get mine.

To be honest, I really like it. I didn't have the P's so the latest Tama I had was an iD L so to me it was refreshing. Yes, it has it's flaws but nothing will ever be perfect, there's always going to be mistakes but that makes room for improvement for the next, I think. I mean, it just came out and people are already saying negative things, not that it's bad, everyone is entitled to their own option but give it some time. One thing I really like is the fact it's so new to me. For those who had the P's might disagree because they brought over some of the features but since I didn't have it it's like a whole new Tama. I don't have anytime bad to say about it :D

And about the NFC, if you do it correctly it's instantaneous and so so SOOO easy. I don't understand why people are having such trouble with it. I made a post about it, this actually helped out Eternal Mametchi Fan's problem, you can check it out here: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/190525-tamagotchi-4u-connecting/

To be honest, I really like it. I didn't have the P's so the latest Tama I had was an iD L so to me it was refreshing. Yes, it has it's flaws but nothing will ever be perfect, there's always going to be mistakes but that makes room for improvement for the next, I think. I mean, it just came out and people are already saying negative things, not that it's bad, everyone is entitled to their own option but give it some time. One thing I really like is the fact it's so new to me. For those who had the P's might disagree because they brought over some of the features but since I didn't have it it's like a whole new Tama. I don't have anytime bad to say about it :D

And about the NFC, if you do it correctly it's instantaneous and so so SOOO easy. I don't understand why people are having such trouble with it. I made a post about it, this actually helped out Eternal Mametchi Fan's problem, you can check it out here: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/190525-tamagotchi-4u-connecting/
Hi, Camii! Thanks for your vote, and for showing your enthusiasm towards Tamagotchi 4U. I agree with everything you've said, and I'm glad you like it! 

Also thanks for explaining the connection on the 4U in the linked topic, it's really useful and I've liked your post in that topic. It's got really good detail and very helpful. There's something I'd like to ask you. About the connection minigame...

A mini game where you dress up a character. She'll tell you what she wants to wear and shortly after you'll return home and go to the tama mall and it tells you to press A repeatedly. You do it to raise the bar, I'm guessing its energy to fulfill the task, I don't know to be honest. Once you both play the game it requires you to connect them again and they'll go back and dress the character. If she's satisfied she'll give both of you 200 gotchi points. Fun game!
...I thought that sounded really fascinating. I was wondering if you knew which character you would be dressing up because I'm quite interested in the concept and I'd like to find out more about it.

By the way, I think your opinion on the 4U is encouraging, and I can't wait to try it out.

Hi, Camii! Thanks for your vote, and for showing your enthusiasm towards Tamagotchi 4U. I agree with everything you've said, and I'm glad you like it!

Also thanks for explaining the connection on the 4U in the linked topic, it's really useful and I've liked your post in that topic. It's got really good detail and very helpful. There's something I'd like to ask you. About the connection minigame...

...I thought that sounded really fascinating. I was wondering if you knew which character you would be dressing up because I'm quite interested in the concept and I'd like to find out more about it.

By the way, I think your opinion on the 4U is encouraging, and I can't wait to try it out.
Aww thank you! :D I'm glad I can help out fellow Tama lovers! ;) ^_^

I'm not really into the whole Tama anime so it might be a character on the show? I'm not really sure but I'll take a picture to show you which character I'm talking about. It's the same character every time by the way. Also, I'll make a video containing what I wrote about in the topic so it's easier to understand, be on the look out for that! :D

Aww thank you! :D I'm glad I can help out fellow Tama lovers! ;) ^_^

I'm not really into the whole Tama anime so it might be a character on the show? I'm not really sure but I'll take a picture to show you which character I'm talking about. It's the same character every time by the way. Also, I'll make a video containing what I wrote about in the topic so it's easier to understand, be on the look out for that! :D
You could be right. It's possible it would be a character from the anime. As for showing it with a picture and making a video, that sounds like a great idea! Can't wait to see. Thanks again, Camii.

I really really like this tamagotchi as it is suited to what I personally want and is really good for the certain life I have. With other versions there is so much packed into it that I like it but I get bored with the fact I have to raise 32 characters just to unlock everything when all sometimes I want is just one character and all the features and with so many it's hard to get a certain one.

The 4u takes out things yes but it makes it a lot better in my opinion with ten characters which I love all of them and the fact they each have their own forms makes me want to raise them again and again plus with download characters I can raise the characters I WANT not getting stuck with having to raise characters I dislike just for the sake of unlocking something and getting that same character again and again.

With the baby sit feature it really also is so so so convenient for me as I have a busy life and I can't just stop what I'm doing and go home to care for a toy. And the 4u steers more into the Pet direction than any version I've had as you actually get to train them and raise them and scold them and see how they are feeling which makes them more real they tell you what they want.

The 4u is actually a perfect mix between little and a lot of features the NFC is fast and better than infared to me may be bad for some but it's great to me and it has it's own surprises to it and the NFC has so many things you can do with it compared to the TF one.

What I don't like is the wallpapers being only the main one and the god awful decision to limit the NFC connectivity with phones but even so when that does work it is so much better than the p's and previous in downloads.

So after all this the 4u I'd say may seem like less than previous colours but I think to me it's a good thing and actually has just about the same only they are moved to downloads and locations are simply just bunched together which is more convenient. The 4u isn't my favourite tamagotchi of all time but it comes close and if downloads become so incredible like they are proving to be, it just might.

It's not a bad Tamagotchi--all Tamagotchis are good--but I still love my Tamagotchi Friends much more... I was so hyped when I got my Tamagotchi Friends but I'm not as hyped about this version.

The main thing I like about this Tamagotchi is how much it ties with the anime and how much personality the characters express, same reasons why I love Tamagotchi Friends Dream Town so much :D

But it is underwhelming, most of the added features are just trivial or already available in previous Tamagotchis. You can toilet train and change faceplates on the Tama-Go, and making your own faceplates was MUCH easier for the Tama-Go :eek: I don't see what makes it stand out from other versions. You could unlock icons and destinations but it seems that on this version everything is already available and it is very limited. Plus, Henshin Jo is basically the same as Post-adult forms except better.

It's not like there is nothing bad about this Tamagotchi. ;o

Nothing makes it better than any other recent Tamagotchis :T

One of the reasons I loved Tamagotchis was that they were just TOYS for looking after cute, lovable characters... but now silly Japan has made it so that you need stupid phones and fancy technology to get more stuff for your poor little Tamagotchi :(

I will like it more if it turns out there are unlockable destinations and icon themes.

What you say makes no sense you like them for being pets yet you are complaining about the technology not being accessible to you and getting more for it....if you don't like the new tech then don't use it just have it as the pet it is.

I do remind you that things like potty train and faceplates may be old news to you but it's brand new and better functioning for Japan you couldn't train your Tama-go to brush it's teeth and go to the bathroom could you? Or clean it's own mess up? And faceplates may be easier to make but the plate that covered it scratched like heck besides you can just buy a new faceplate, scratch the pattern off as it's just printed on and then make your own no difference.

What makes it better than older versions is it's ability to cleanup what was wrong with the older ones and fix the errors and improve the pet experience for japanese fans overall NFC may be old news to you but the 4u is massive news and has things no TF can do with it's NFC can your TF get new characters and ITEMS?

Plus what do you expect to be different? It ain't broken so why fix it like they say the animations and stuff couldn't be any better than it is now the v1-6 weren't any different in animations.

All the icon backgrounds are the same amount as the p's built in ones just you get them without unlocking them and isn't that contradictory to your argument that you like the simple pet aspect yet you complain about lack of features now and you are satisfied with the bland cheap copy version of the 4u yet you call this toy underwhelming?

What you say makes no sense you like them for being pets yet you are complaining about the technology not being accessible to you and getting more for it....if you don't like the new tech then don't use it just have it as the pet it is.

I do remind you that things like potty train and faceplates may be old news to you but it's brand new and better functioning for Japan you couldn't train your Tama-go to brush it's teeth and go to the bathroom could you? Or clean it's own mess up? And faceplates may be easier to make but the plate that covered it scratched like heck besides you can just buy a new faceplate, scratch the pattern off as it's just printed on and then make your own no difference.

What makes it better than older versions is it's ability to cleanup what was wrong with the older ones and fix the errors and improve the pet experience for japanese fans overall NFC may be old news to you but the 4u is massive news and has things no TF can do with it's NFC can your TF get new characters and ITEMS?

Plus what do you expect to be different? It ain't broken so why fix it like they say the animations and stuff couldn't be any better than it is now the v1-6 weren't any different in animations.

All the icon backgrounds are the same amount as the p's built in ones just you get them without unlocking them and isn't that contradictory to your argument that you like the simple pet aspect yet you complain about lack of features now and you are satisfied with the bland cheap copy version of the 4u yet you call this toy underwhelming?
THIS. This is what I thought and wanted to say but I lacked the words.

It's been awesome so far - some things looked fewer and simple because they're just merged (like the Tama Depa for example); feature-wise it still looks packed.

Besides, I think we are judging the version a little too early - it's not even a week since the release and we have yet to discover many things about it!

I ordered the guide book and I'm looking forward to seeing what more cool stuff this version has! :D

Just a friendly reminder to please keep on topic with the discussion primarily about what you think about the Tamagotchi 4U. Thank you.

I agree with ichiro.malfoy in that there's still so much to discover (especially for me since I'm a little behind on the learning curve due to my schedule) and that it's been great so far. I don't know how I feel yet about a lot of the content being available through NFC because the technology is still kind of new to me (and I'm used to having most of the content available on the toy itself) but it's growing on me. I'm also looking forward to getting the guide book (hoping that it's more picture-heavy) and seeing what the 4U has to offer. So far, it's meeting my expectations.

Everyone is complaining about the fact it has NFC now -_- They have to change someday, IR isn't the most popular technology today. but guess what is, NFC! Keep in mind this was aimed toward JAPANESE women, aged 20-30 years old, who most likely have a phone built-in with NFC, and if not, they still have Touch Spots to enjoy all arounf Japan. You think there aren't lots of downloads and the ID has more?, well they release it every week or so, not just in one day so we just use them all and thats it. The 4U app already has 40-ish downloads in less than one month!

The training feature was reused because it was a great feature. The Tama-Go only had Potty training, this has skills to Clean your house, brush your teeth and bathe as well. Plus the added on skills which you can get from school, which leads you to get Gotchi Points from people who request stuff outside your house. OK, the faceplates might be easier on the Tama-Go to customise, but they were paper ones and ripped easily, the faceplate blocked the screen, it got scratched easily and only had a handful of faceplates available. oh, there are more clothes and accessories, they just have to be bought at the park! Which makes the total to more clothes and accessories than the P's and ID L.

You don't NEED the app to enjoy the 4U, they are releasing Touch Cards for extra content anyway. Tamagotchi Friends didn't have clothes, items, post-adults/extra forms, app/extra conten eg. Pierces, figures, cards. The 4U has more destinations than the Friends anyway. It may have more games, but they're all reused. It might have new characters, but they can't do much, and they take up like half the screen. Anyway, I better stop comparing...

Overall, I love the 4U, probably one of my favourite Tamagotchis, but will be my favourite if I ever get the chance to access the application. I love the bright clear graphics and animations of it, but I wished it was a little cheaper like previous releases, but I got a Rola Card with mine, so I guess it makes up for it. I love the icon banners, post-adults, locations, I guess everything! As Ichiro said, we ARE judging too early, there is so much to discover in this Tamagotchi... :D

**puts suit on to get ready for critisism B) **

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back