Visiting Harajuku - which tamas to buy?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amarie

Reaction score
Okay hey. So I have 4 questions for y'all. I'd really appreciate it if you answered them..

1. I'm going to visit Harajuku in a week. I was wondering what versions of Tamagotchi can you find? Are they all Japanese id Ls and P's?

2. I am thinking of getting a v6/Music Star. This sounds crazy but I find my v4.5 a little too easy and simple for me. Do you think I should get one?

3. Does buying a used Tama matter? If I restart I can change the username, right? And erase all data?

4. Can a Japanese connection version connect with an English connection version?

Thanks so much!

OK here we go!

1. You can find almost any tamagotchi In Japan in general if you know where to look. Harajuku has the tamadepa which will have all the newest tamagotchi stuff like the 4us and the p's plus merch. For older tamas id recommend going to akihabara which is the anime,technology town of Tokyo you'll be able to take a train there it shouldn't be too far from harajuku. There you can find all sorts of old toy stores and anime shops which sell old and new merch and if your lucky all sorts of tamagotchi toys.

2. A v6 is a massive step in my opinion from a v4.5 they are defiantly fact, the most feature packed tamagothci of all English versions as it combines all v1-5 features and technology into one with new features too, tamatown isn't usable but the rest make it very in-depth and the fact you actually have to take time to raise your Tama to become a music star is quite difficult and challenging.

3. No once you press reset or pop new batteries in you can choose download to continue from where the previous owner left off or reset to start anew.

4.and no unfortunately the technology is too different between a Japanese and English version so they won't except for the tamagotchi v5 series or famitama in Japan which are known to be the "global family tamagotchi" which will connect despite the different language.

OK here we go!

1. You can find almost any tamagotchi In Japan in general if you know where to look. Harajuku has the tamadepa which will have all the newest tamagotchi stuff like the 4us and the p's plus merch. For older tamas id recommend going to akihabara which is the anime,technology town of Tokyo you'll be able to take a train there it shouldn't be too far from harajuku. There you can find all sorts of old toy stores and anime shops which sell old and new merch and if your lucky all sorts of tamagotchi toys.

2. A v6 is a massive step in my opinion from a v4.5 they are defiantly fact, the most feature packed tamagothci of all English versions as it combines all v1-5 features and technology into one with new features too, tamatown isn't usable but the rest make it very in-depth and the fact you actually have to take time to raise your Tama to become a music star is quite difficult and challenging.

3. No once you press reset or pop new batteries in you can choose download to continue from where the previous owner left off or reset to start anew.

4.and no unfortunately the technology is too different between a Japanese and English version so they won't except for the tamagotchi v5 series or famitama in Japan which are known to be the "global family tamagotchi" which will connect despite the different language.
Okay thanks so much! I appreciate it a lot.

Um so if the v6 is a huge step... what Connection do you suggest is a bit more challenging? But there are Connection Tamas in TamaDepa, right?

Connections are long gone. You would be lucky to find an ID L at the TamaDepa. I recommened buying a 4U or P's or both, and get pierces and touch cards

Okay thanks so much! I appreciate it a lot.Um so if the v6 is a huge step... what Connection do you suggest is a bit more challenging? But there are Connection Tamas in TamaDepa, right?
Other challenging Tamas I'd suggest would be the later japanese connection series like the entama or uratama which are the japanese v4 and 4.5 however they are a lot different in the way you raise them, various features are different than the English ones too the tamatown for them made items easier but you can also get things like the Tama deka or kakeibo which connect specifically to them just look up those names and you'll see what I mean, the kakeibo is like a banker for your Tama and let's you get items and is in the shape of a touch tablet almost and there are the dekas which also give your Tama more money etc these are good accessories that also make the toy more feature filled. I'd also suggest the tamasuku which is a tamagotchi but instead of taking care of a pet, you take care of a class of pets, challenging in a different way as you mostly play games and collect characters but it's a good change of pace.

All these may be sold like I said in toy and hobby shops in akihabara just look for a shop that may sell figures or toys but not new looking and that may be your best chance at finding old treasures.

Other challenging Tamas I'd suggest would be the later japanese connection series like the entama or uratama which are the japanese v4 and 4.5 however they are a lot different in the way you raise them, various features are different than the English ones too the tamatown for them made items easier but you can also get things like the Tama deka or kakeibo which connect specifically to them just look up those names and you'll see what I mean, the kakeibo is like a banker for your Tama and let's you get items and is in the shape of a touch tablet almost and there are the dekas which also give your Tama more money etc these are good accessories that also make the toy more feature filled. I'd also suggest the tamasuku which is a tamagotchi but instead of taking care of a pet, you take care of a class of pets, challenging in a different way as you mostly play games and collect characters but it's a good change of pace.

All these may be sold like I said in toy and hobby shops in akihabara just look for a shop that may sell figures or toys but not new looking and that may be your best chance at finding old treasures.
Thank you! I will definitely be looking forward to TamaDepa. I'll post info on what I get here.

Connections are long gone. You would be lucky to find an ID L at the TamaDepa. I recommened buying a 4U or P's or both, and get pierces and touch cards
Thanks a lot! I think I'll go for an id L but hey if the pierces of the 4U and the P's are there... might as well get a P instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back