Sign in to follow this  
amarie

Self-contained Tamas or not?

Hey guys. Haven't been on TamaTalk for a day and I feel like I missed out on a lot.... weird.

Anyway. I was wondering. Do you guys like self-contained Tamas or not? Do you prefer Tamas with add-ons you buy separately, like pierces and figures, or not?

I personally am fine with them, but I prefer self-contained Tamas.

Please chip in!

Well, being one of my favorite versions, I think the Tama-Go had good add-ons because they were cute figures with two games and a lot of items! :D But I don't like the P's piercings or the 4U, iD L, etc downloads :c

In other words, I prefer self-contained Tamagotchis with the exception of the Tama-Go :D

I love add on's as they are great to stop loosing interest in your Tama and give you something to lok forward to on your Tama, the best are the 4u downlaods as they have characters and more but they are hard to get yet they are not any less good. The P's are great in content too with both downloads and the pierces but I don't like the, being so girly still good though, the Tama-gos are nice but really inconvenient and annoying but still in itself cute and good I think 4us are by far the best in potential and content though.

I prefer tamas with add-ons rather than self-contained tamas because new content can be periodically added at any time which keeps the device new and fresh in the long run. Self-contained tamas are good of course and it's nice to get everything for the money you pay in one go and that's all, but I like to be able to customize my game environment as I see fit at any time and have new tidbits to fiddle with while they get released. Sure, it might be more expensive in the long run but it's a price I'm willing to pay for a system that sustains itself with remaining constantly "new and exciting" via software updates.

I prefer self contained tamas. I feel like it's better if you can access everything within the version without having to buy or download add-ons.

I prefer self-contained tamas with downloadable content. You have the option to just carry around your phone to get downloads whenever you want rather than either carrying around a bunch of figures to play whatever game you're in the mood for. I like tamagotchit because of how portable they are, but downloadable content does extend the replay value quite a bit.

I prefer self-contained tamas! Seriously, although I loved the iD L, it felt like I was buying half a tamagotchi because of the lack of games.

• Like 1

Since I don't go out much I don't really care if it's self contained or not because I don't have to worry about carrying figures, etc. I love the Tama-Go because I like the figurines a lot. The fact that they both add things to the tama and can be used as decor is awesome to me.

I'm a fan of self-contained ones myself. I really don't want to drag around figures/pierces when I take them anywhere (for fear of losing them). The originals had no add-ons, and that's what I'm used to. Downloadable things are fine.

Edited by magicboa

Definitely self-contained Tamas, but I liked having TamaTown/being able to export my tamagotchi to a computer to get more $ and items--that was so much fun!

Self contained with downloads definetly, I love add ons but they are not really practical and too expensive (I love the TamaGo's figures, but they are a pain to carry), so I'd rather have everything through downloads. The iD is really fun with downloads, I love the idead of having some customization (backgrounds and accesories) and a huge menu of meals/snacks to give to your tamagotchi what you choose at will.

And being able to change the games is awesome, this way you never get bored of your tama since you can keep it always new :D