Who's excited for Halloween!? + what is your costume?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

asmexus

Reaction score
I love Halloween, it's my favorite holiday :3 (despite it, you know, not being an "official" holiday) But anyway, what are y'all gonna be this year?

i am going to be Waver Velvet from the anime Fate/Zero :)

Halloween isn't celebrated much in my country... they sell Halloween stuff but nobody goes trick or treating

I'll dress up as a ghost with no eyes and no mouth (because I don't wanna cut holes in my nice sheets)

Halloween is celebrated almost everywhere, just in U.S. and few other countries they celebrate the pagan version- where you scare away the spirits. In my country, Halloween that is more known as All Saints Eve (which is Christian) is celebrated like this: you buy tons of ugly grave candle things, argue with your family, wash the graves and lit these candles and maybe pray a little. Oh, maybe also just look at the cemeteries, where they sell snacks for some reason, and, apparently, there's a tradition that you walk in the woods, but I don't know if anybody does it anymore.

However, inspired by cartoons, kids in some countries (including Poland) also like to put on costumes and go trick and treating... They usually have no idea what the trick part is though, haha. And they usually are shooed away, yelled at and called spawns of Satan.

I'm still excited though! I imported for myself some candy corn and other candies. I might put on my Clear cosplay (https://40.media.tumblr.com/718609b157ef58b1f3676345e3e6f11b/tumblr_n1rzwvSYxP1qjh7gjo1_1280.jpg)

Last edited by a moderator:
Halloween is always smack in the middle of midterm report/exam time at my university, so I never really have the opportunity to do much "partying," if you will. In the afternoon I'm going to go visit my Grandpa and take him to the Halloween event at his senior's residence. He's going as a sheriff from a Western and I'm dressing up as the deputy :p In the evening I'm going to change into my usual black cat costume (cat for 3 years running because I have no time to make costumes, woo....), head over to my boyfriend's house with an armload of candy, and watch scary movies with him :)

I'll be dressed up as some random teenager handing out candy. The catch is, I'll actually give out candy. Genius!

:rolleyes: :lol:

The Grim Reaper. I put on the scary Halloween CD, put the blacklight bulb in the porch light, put out all my fake but real looking jack o' lanterns (19), and hide in the bushes to scare the kiddos. Then they get their candy.

Halloween isn't big in Australia, but I went trick-or-treating for the past 4-5 years. So this year, uh, my parents are probably gonna buy candy to give to the kids, and if not, we get it, lol

Halloween isn't really a big deal here in New Zealand, some people go trick-or-treating, but I haven't been for like five years. I don't even know if my university is doing anything for Halloween, but probably not or else I probably would have heard about it. If, however, we were to do something involving costumes I'd probably just wear one of my old cosplays because I don't have any other costumes here.

Well, we don't have Halloween here but we do dress up for the Carnival in February... I'll be going as Usagi from Sailor Moon (and my friend picked the easy way out and will be Luna xP )

I'm not dressing up, but all my avatars and characters are! :D

I'll be giving out candy though ^_^

For those who see this post after I change my pic back to normal, my Nazotchi looks like this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back