Used Tamagotchis-does it matter?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amarie

Reaction score
Hi all....

So I was wondering if buying used Tamagotchis matter. My brother wants a v6 and I think we're searching for one on eBay. Problem is, we don't want to spend too much for a new Tama that is about $100. That's when I saw a couple of used Tamas for $15-$25 each.

So do you think it matters if my brother gets a used Tama? You can reset everything, right? And I can find the instructions here for him on Tamatalk?

Thanks so much!

Well, I don't really think it matters. As long as it's in good condition and everything works, it's fine. Some of them even come with the package. Everyhing can be resetted so that's not a problem at all. It can only matter if you are really picky to be honest. At least I think so, because I'm a bit picky and it doesn't matter that much to me. In fact, I just ordered the other day a used v6 :D No package, no anything, just the Tamagotchi itself, and I don't really care. Just ask your brother if he cares about those things and you can decide then.

Sometimes, that is the way to go. Its cheaper and you still get what you want. Maybe a trade off to have to clean it (inside and out). Buying used doesn't mean its defective, it just means its not new and been played with (preloved) I found some steals on tamagotchi buying used. I just knew that they possibly have issues or need to be cleaned, with the occasional like new, well cared for tama.

Just be sure to look very carefully at pics provided (beware of "stock" photos), and read the description carefully as well. Always ask questions if something isn't clear. I buy used all the time, but the item has to meet my standards, which are very high. Most of the tamas I buy used are nearly pristine.

I bought a brand new v6 with the tamagotchi movie and 3 figures for 20$ on ebay! That's pretty cheap and it rly depends if your brother wants a brand new one or not

I bought a brand new v6 with the tamagotchi movie and 3 figures for 20$ on ebay! That's pretty cheap and it rly depends if your brother wants a brand new one or not
Pretty sure his bother does... anyways. I think there are still awesome deals for nip ones, just make sure to browse through it.

Most of my tamagotchis are used. But ALWAYS check of it works, I learnt the hard way lol

Thanks! Lol he doesn't really care. As long as he gets a Tama.... and yes I'll def not get Tamas with stock photo pictures.

I buy used a lot and have only ran into problems a few times. I'd say the best way to clean used tamas is with rubbing alcohol and a q-tips. When I get used tamas, I always check to be sure that the batteries haven't corroded, which does happen (even in NIP). I typically try to clean the battery compartments with a very small amount and rubbing alcohol and patience. Typically works for me! I think I have only ever had problems with 3 virtual pets not working that I got used (I have upwards of 70 virtual pets at last count), unfortunately two were from the same person bought in a bundle. I did think that my dinkie dino and yuki pengin didn't work because I didn't realize the batteries needed to go in a different way than I was used to :p Worst comes to worst, eBay typically has a good refund policy and you may be able to get your money back. Worst case scenario, you're only out $15-$25. I wouldn't personally spend $100 for a V6. And you know your brother best....will be interested for very long?

I buy used a lot and have only ran into problems a few times. I'd say the best way to clean used tamas is with rubbing alcohol and a q-tips. When I get used tamas, I always check to be sure that the batteries haven't corroded, which does happen (even in NIP). I typically try to clean the battery compartments with a very small amount and rubbing alcohol and patience. Typically works for me! I think I have only ever had problems with 3 virtual pets not working that I got used (I have upwards of 70 virtual pets at last count), unfortunately two were from the same person bought in a bundle. I did think that my dinkie dino and yuki pengin didn't work because I didn't realize the batteries needed to go in a different way than I was used to :p Worst comes to worst, eBay typically has a good refund policy and you may be able to get your money back. Worst case scenario, you're only out $15-$25. I wouldn't personally spend $100 for a V6. And you know your brother best....will be interested for very long?
I agree with all your points. My brother has used my v7 for about two months... which is pretty okay for an 8 year old, going 9 in four months. So I wouldn't really think $80-100 is worth spending on a v6 for him. I guess we'll just get a used one, then. :3 thanks again!

When I started I really wanted pristine NIB tamas because I was collecting and displaying them as much as playing. Now, unless it's a *new version* (P, 4U, IDs) I actively avoid unplayed ones because they kept arriving with old exploded batteries. Some wouldn't work properly because they'd shorted out from the corrosion and even the ones I was able to clean up and get working I had concerns about the toxity of battery acid.

I agree with the comments about reading discriptions and scrutinizing the photos, particularly of the screen. A couple of mine have light scratches and despite being a little OCD about that they haven't actually effected game play or my overal experience. The same with minor wear on the shells, if anything that makes me less worried about handling them. =P

Not sure where you're shopping, but a v6 is never worth that much. I doubt I'd even pay that much for some of the color tamas.

I'm thinking of ordering a Tamagotchi V6 too.. I want to save money to buy a white P's, so I can't spend 50 euros or so to buy a new V6 as well. As long as it doesn't have big scratches on the screen and shell and works perfectly, I think I'll be satisfied with it. -_-

A V6, in average used condition, is probably not worth much more than $20 (a common fair price)

Off-topic: a much older Tamagotchi might be worth more as working and used than unopened and unused; battery corrosion can be an unpleasant surprise to collectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back