Getting Back Into Tamas?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eve_Requiem

Reaction score
I've been gone for a long time.... I really want to get back into tamagotchis, I just keep getting stuck, or distracted. Anyone go through the same thing? How did you fix it?

All the time, and I'm pretty sure you and I aren't the only ones who go through phases of being really into Tamagotchis/wanting to run them and losing interest. It's just a fact of life. There's nothing wrong with that and you shouldn't feel the need to have to "fix" things. There are times when Tamagotchis don't hold one's interest or when life gets so hectic with school, work, children, etc. that getting back into Tamagotchis isn't convenient. If I want to get back into the mood, I do a few things: visit TamaTalk, read logs, browse Ebay, or start up even just one, low-maintenance Tamagotchi. If I find I'm losing interest after running one for the longest time, I switch things up a bit and start running a different Tamagotchi from my collection. If I start going MIA from the Tamagotchi scene, I just let it happen. I always come back in the end anyway. :)

Thanks guys, I've been trying some of your suggestions. I've started up one of my favorite tamas and browsing around Tamatalk, and it's been helping a lot. I also use it just when I'm in the mood, and pause it when I don't feel like it. Expect to see me around a bit more!

I do take breaks from tamas all the time. For instance, I'm not running any now, because I just don't feel like it. When I do feel like running one again, it will probably be one I haven't run in a while. It's healthy to take time off from hobbies, and do something else that interests you.

I run my Tamas whenever I've got more free time in my hands, for instance on Christmas or Spring break or when my classes aren't so demanding... Currently, I'm running my 3 old Tamas (V4.5, V5 and V5.5) and today I'm going to start my brand new iD L! I'm getting a bit tired of the Familitchis though, I think I prefer raising only one Tama at a time...

I lose interest every once in a while. I usually can regain my interest by taking a break and reading logs here on TamaTalk.

In your opinion, does logging yourself help or hinder your enthusiasm? I never logged seriously, because I didn't want to take the time to put in good pictures. I thought that was what people wanted to see, but now I think i'm just going to start logging for myself.

For two months I paused my Tama and didn't go on TamaTalk for a whole month. I guess it's normal.

I had a log, but kinda stopped. Got busy with stuff. Logging I think is much more enjoyable if you have photos or run quite a few Tamas. Thats my opinion.

But reading logs are super fun and when I read them a lot I get back to Tamagotchis.

Tamagotchi is my passion and I'd rather die than give it up XD

But anyway, you don't have to run Tamagotchis to love it, especially if you are too busy!

Maybe try watching the anime, reading or writing fanfiction, and drawing or looking at Tamagotchi fanart. :)

I go through a phase like this two to four times a year, and I just got back in to tamagotchi. I'm getting bored of my tama-go, so I may get an IDL soon! Anyways, I usually get back into tamagotchi by browsing tamagotchi websites, catching up on tama news, and starting up one!

Thanks guys, some of this has really helped. I now run only 1-2 at a time, but I care for them really well and enjoy them very much. I somehow feel very close to it when I run one, and I'm doing that now. I bought a used v4, and being the first time I've played this version, I really love it. You should be seeing a lot more of me around!

I've been taking a long break from them too - I played with my Tamas pretty consistently through my childhood and into my adult life, then when I ended up getting married, buying a house and changing career all in one go, there just didn't seem to be enough time to enjoy them properly. It's been a couple of years now, things have calmed down, and I've just spied a new 4U hiding away among the Christmas presents :D I'm so desparate to start my tamagotchi obsession all over again!

A lot of the time I glance over to my Tama-basket (where I keep them all) and I would love to run all of them! But I just don't have the time. And when I need to choose one it's always so hard.

I don't like how they keep going through the generations. I actually prefer the P1 and P2 types that have to die before you get a new one :) I know, I'm weird.

I make a point to try and start a Tamagotchi up every year for this reason.

I just started up a v4 yesterday. It's been 5 years since I last ran that version. It's almost like never running it before, it's been so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back