Sign in to follow this  
amarie

Is $90 worth it for an English iD L?

Hiiii I was wondering if a $90 English iD L is worth it. Is it pricey to you? Would you purchase it?

I've been seeing a couple of iD Ls in English on eBay, from $89-$99. So yeah. Is it considered expensive or moderately-priced?

Thanks!

Not in my opinion. I've heard it has poor translations, glitches, etc. You don't need to read Japanese to enjoy a regular iD L :)

They used to be $200 until the Australia release lol, I got mine for $50 because I bought it in store here in Sydney

They used to be $200 until the Australia release lol, I got mine for $50 because I bought it in store here in Sydney

May I enquire where and if the have an online store? I'm in Melbourne ><

I have an English iD L from eBay and I think it's great. Knock on wood - I've never had a glitch of any kind. The only thing that isn't perfect is how it says "REFURDISH" instead of "REFURBISH" when you change room decor.

Get regular iD L. Hope someone can rip from the "english" and properly translate/fix mistakes and redistribute to fans like Mr.blinky did on TZ. He is still working on the Ps yet with his team, but maybe one day he will go back to the others. I have a feeling the 4u is next first before any others get translated.

You'd save a looot of money if you just went ahead and got a normal Japanese iD L. The English ones are priced that high just for convenience! In my opinion I found it much more engaging and entertaining with the language barrier; it made me excited to learn what all the options did, and also inspired me to learn Japanese - which I am now taking classes for!

The iD L is easy to navigate and I hardly look at the Japanese words anymore now I know where everything is. Once you got the hang of it, would you look at every single word if your iDL was in English? Not likely, although the English would be helpful!

In my opinion you could get at least two colour Japanese tamas for the price of one English iD L. That would pretty much tip the scale for me - $90 is a lot of money after all!

But in the end it is your decision. Choose wisely!

• Like 2

Just get the regular iD L. The language barrier isnt that much of a big deal at all. I personally dont have an iD L, but I do have a P's and 4u and both are just fine navigating them without being able to read it. I can realy some katakana/hiragana but it really isnt, like...

Just.. dont spend all the extra money on an english one. xD you could buy 2 id Ls or one english id L. you pick, i think it's obvious. xD

Okay thanks so much! I think getting a Japanese iD L is much more worth it, I'll lay off thinking of getting an English iD L.... I guess I"ll get used to it if ever I get one!

I think it's definetly not worth it, why would you spend that money on just one colour tama when you can get 2? xD

you could easily get a japanese iD L that's really easy to understand, or if you really want an english color just get a P's, the english patch is free, I mean, for 90$ you could get both an iD L AND a P's :P

And I've heard the english translation of the iD L is not that great, so no point on getting it, plus this way you get to learn some Japanese, there's nothing wrong about learning a bit of other lenguages >w<

It's very easy to understand the japanese one! But if you still want an english one, I think $90 is way too much.

I've been tinkering with the idea myself, and now I have two Japanese ID L's and a Japanese P's on the way! It is really intriguing to figure out what each option/item does, and I enjoyed it in Japanese more. Besides, there are plenty of guides and translations online to help you out! :D In conclusion, it's an okay price for an english ID L, but it's wayyy better to get the Japanese one and keep your money for the next tama! ;)

I bought a English one , why? Just plain laziness. It was an gift anyway. Plus i ask someone to feed him when i am away.

But people say the Jap ones are easy to understand. So i lf you can i would get a Jap one

And the price for the english one is good. I paid 120 dollars for mine

I got my iD L english for about US$48. If you are keen in getting one perhaps I can link you up to the seller I bought from.. Idk how much she would charge thou, cause I got it for SGD 60~ It is a pretty good version to me and it doesn't really have much glitches. I prefer an english one because I am interested to see their conversations hahaha. Maybe thats why I am playing my P's and iD L more than my 4u

I just recently bought an ID L English on ebay for around that price, and for me personally, I think it was worth it. I've never had a tamagotchi that really had a whole lot of text in it before, and I would like to be able to understand what my tama is saying/doing at all times.

That being said, I also own a Tamagotchi P's, and I am quite fond of it. The navigation is still very easy, so long as you have played a tamagotchi in English previously. There's lots of guides out there for the Japanese color tamas, so figure out your way around it really isn't that bad. Heck, you can even figure it out on your own through trial and error! The games all have instructions online as well, so earning points isn't so bad.

Basically, it comes down to preference. I love being able to understand everything that is going on in my English tamas, but having the language barrier almost makes it more... whimsical? I feel like a kid again, figuring out and discovering new things about my tamas.

90$ is about the average price for an English ID L though, so the one that you saw isn't so bad. Again, it just depends what matters more to you!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By zacksims123
      This isn't all that huge, but I couldn't find the answer myself earlier.
      Can you obtain the secret characters on the iD L by connecting to a P's?
      I tested it myself by connecting my iD L and P's 30 times. When it came time for the iD L teen to evolve, he evolved into Maisutatchi (obtained by connecting with the same other iD L 30 times).

I know it seems obvious, but I didn't know, and googling the question didn't help me. So, there you have it.
    • By Lorrin
      Hi friends, I'm new to Tama talk so I apologize if this is somewhere else, but I couldn't find it. 
      I have a mix and would love to connect it with another Tama, but I don't want to get 2 of the same kind. Is there any cross compatibility between gens, maybe connecting a mix and a p's, or so on? 
      Worse comes to worse, I can always get a Sanrio or an anniversary mix, but I'd like to build my collection with different stuff! 
      Thank you! Also so excited to find a group who loves tamagotchi since everyone I talk to is always like "oh yeah, I remember those in the 90s... They're back??" 
    • By TamaBoy9000
      I was just wondering; does anybody here have the following episodes dubbed in English?
      1. Watch Out! Anpan Detective is Here! (episode 9, part 1)
      2. Stop it Right There! Thief Papillon! (episode 9, part 2)
      3. KuroMametchi Finds His Coolness (with the opening scene and the full "Bread and Milk Dance" scene)
      4. Is He a Myth? The Kuchipatchi of Truth (episode 26, part 1)
      If you have or remember anything about them, please tell me (send a link if you have them)! I would greatly appreciate it if you do! 😄
    • By iggyh
      So I want to purchase one of these machines, but I don't know which and I am having trouble finding information about the pros and cons on the internet. Which do you like better and why?

Thanks!
    • By Tama4star
      The 4U is a Japan exclusive and when bought can only be viewed in Japanese, but this guide will help you understand what is being said in English.

There are some guides online that can be print out, and there are some guides on YouTube as well.

First, I'm going to give the icons and their options.

The first icon on the top.
      -Status
      - Settings.

Status- has four different screens.
      -1st screen is Hunger/Happiness.
      -the meter of happiness will grow and eventually form a circle when your Tama is fully grown.
      - the hunger meter goes up to six rice balls. If you see an empty space you need to feed your Tama.

-2nd screen is Information about your Tama.
      -name of Tama
      - weight
      - $$$

-3rd screen shares the skill badges your Tama has/doesn't have.
      -There are two sections to these skills.
      1st skills- Basic Skills
      - These include Potty Training, Cleaning, and Bathing
      -these skills are achieved during the toddler stage of your Tama through proper prompting, praise, and scolding. Different icons will appear and you will need to be attentive if you want these badges. Poo icon when shown you need to have your Tama use the toilet, afterward, praise your Tama. Cleaning icon will show around 6pm. Your Tama will make a mess from blocks and it needs to vacuum. After Tama does action, make sure to praise it. Toothbrush icon happens before bedtime. After brushing teeth and taking bath make sure to praise Tama. These actions only need to be done a few times to earn the badge.
      2nd skills-Special Skills
      -These skills are learned when your Tama can attend school. After so many lessons your Tama will complete the class and receive a badge of said skill. There are five different classes your Tama can take, and up to five badges can be earned. Science, Fashion, Sports, Art, and Cooking.

-4th screen shows a clover.
      -This clover represents friendship points.
      -You need to learn what is your Tama's favorite foods or items it loves. There are three. My current Tama has a favorite meal, snack, and piece of clothing, for example. The last point appears after having your Tama for 72 hours. When you have all four the clover will be colored.

Profile- Has three different screens.
      Each one relates to you. Your mood of the day, and then two screens of information.

Settings- has four different options
      -Time- Change Time/Day
      -Icons-Change Border Around Icons
      -Display-Change lighting in game
      -Sound- Turn sound on/off

Second Icon On Top- Connection To Another 4U
      -Greeting-
      Exchange Moods With Another Tama (Yes or No)
      -TMGC 4U-Connect to another 4U Tama
      Play
      -Dress<3Up (Yes/No)
      Exchange
      Give/Cancel
      Items (once item is selected, TOUCH screen immediately follows)
      Fridge-Select food item in Fridge
      Clothes-Select clothing item
      Accessories-Select accessory
      Toys - Select toy
      Shop (downloaded items)- This won't appear if you don't have downloaded items
      Living
      Minigame
      Outing
      Meal
      Photo
      Take-Yes/No
      Propose
      Must be an adult, and must have male and female Tamas.
      -TMGC 4U Application - Not enitrely sure, but I know you use this for the Tamagotchi app you can use on Android phones.

Third Icon On Top- Connection (these must be downloaded)
      -Bingo
      -Gashapon

Fourth Icon On Top- Food
      -Fridge (select foods you've bought or rice/snack) Toddlers can only eat from fridge
      -Tamacafe (you can visit here when your Tama is an adult. Lots of choices for food and snack. Must buy and eat in Tamacafe)

Fifth Icon On Top-Clover
      -Praise (after Tama does something you tell it to do, praise it.)
      -Scold (after Tama refuses to eat, and acts rude at table)
      -Talk (whenever you want to talk to your Tama)
      -Care- (when Tama gets sick)
      Second Screen
      -Sitter (since this game doesn't have a pause setting, this is the best option)

Sixth Icon Starting On Left Side Of Bottom- Cleaning/Closet
      -Toliet
      Select toilet when your Tamagotchi has to use the toilet. Poo icon will show up.
      -Bathroom
      Select when Tamagotchi has toothbrush icon. Tama will take a bath and brush teeth.
      -Cleaning
      Select when Tama has made a mess of blocks.
      -Closet
      Select when you have bought clothes and accessories.
      -Clothes (select to view clothes, and try on your Tama)
      -Accessories (select to view accessories, and try on your Tama)

Seventh Icon (second on bottom) Door
      -Tamadepa
      Games
      -Bowling (select to play bowling, press B when in the red area to get strike)
      -Spaceship (select to play, press A or B depending on where the asteroid is. You want the ship to avoid it.)
      Reform - Select to buy various wallpapers for your Tama, and change the interior design of the home. Each 500g.
      Itemshop- Select to buy toys
      Fashion - Select to choose between Clothes or Accessories. Select which one you want to buy from, and then scroll through items and select what you want to buy.
      -Park
      Select visiting the Plaza or Dance.
      Plaza- Your Tama might meet another Tama in the plaza.
      Dance- Play a game of dance. A or B will be shown and you must press them repeatedly.
      -School
      When an adult, make sure you buy a notebook in the itemshop first, you can have your Tama go to school.
      This is the order of classes you can choose from.Repeatedly go back to class till your Tama completes its skill, and your Tama will receive a badge. These badges will come in handy. Sometimes Tamas will visit you, when your Tama is an adult, and you accomplish their requests. If you do well, your Tama could receive up to 2,000g.
      Science- You will need to buy the plant
      Fashion- You will need to buy the makeup case (pink box)
      Sports- You will need to buy the soccer ball
      Art- You will need to buy the clay (green wrapped package, looks like candy bar kind of in item shop)
      Cooking- You will need to buy frying pan.
      -Wedding
      You can visit the matchmaker as a toddler and you will spend time with other tamas making wedding cakes. But come to the matchmaker as an adult to have your Tama be paired up with another Tama. You will have a selection of three different Tamas, to pick the one you want your Tama to marry. If you don't like any of the Tamas, you can exit and try again to get a different selection of Tamas to choose from.

Eighth Icon (third on bottom) Treasure Chest
      -Toys (select to view toys you've bought) Your Tama can play with toys.
      -Special (if you have one)
      -Bingo (if you have one)
      -Coupon (if you have one)

Ninth Icon (fourth on bottom) Open Book
      -Tamatomo- Select to view tamas who have reached full clovers
      - Friends- Select to view various friends your Tama has made
      - Diary- Select to view photos taken of your Tama and your Tama's friends
      - Characters- Select to view pictures and information of characters you've downloaded (if you downloaded)

Tenth Icon (fifth on bottom) Tama Alert (what I call it)
      This icon will light up if your Tama needs your attention.

Those are all of the icons and their options in order.

Here is some other information you might want to know.

Stages Of A Tamagotchi

-Baby
      -Toddler
      -Adult
      (teenager is skipped)

- Another look? Your tamagotchi can evolve into another stage as an adult. I think it is referred to as a personality stage. I think this relates to the happiness meter and the likes of your tamagotchi.

Filling Happiness Meter
      Make sure to find out your tama's favorite food and snack. Some food your tama will not like.
      Make sure to play games with your tama.
      Have your tama go to class when it is an adult.
      Have your tama go to the park.
      Have your tama play with toys, clothes, and accessories. Some toys your tama will not like.
      You can interact with your tama not only through talking, but also by pressing © button (right button).

Backyard of Tama House
      To visit the backyard of your Tama all you have to do is press the middle button ( when no icons are selected.

While in the backyard you will be able to see the weather conditions. Sometimes your tama may write a letter, chase a butterfly, or more.

During certain times a vendor will stop by and you can buy food.

During certain times, when your tama is an adult, other tamas will stop by and request something. Depending on what skill badges your tama has earned will determine how well your tama performs at the task given. Your tama could earn up to 2,000g. For example, if your tama has the science badge, and the visitor needs help with a rocket ship, you will be completely successful and earn 2,000g. Other tasks you can earn 1,000g.

Dowload?
      Mr. Blinky has made an app for android phones. If you happen to have one, you will be able to download a restore patch (do this first,) and then an english patch. The english patch will change icon wording to english. This won't change when your tama or other tamas talk however, that will still be in Japanese.

The app also has toys, food, clothing, accessories, games (you can download only two), and other characters.

Hopefully this helps a little bit!!!! If you have anything else to add, please leave in the comments

• By Dordtchild
      I am so proud of getting this one.
      I combed through so many pages on Ebay trying to get something that was mint and wasn't going to drain me
      Now I have a MINT Tamagotchi Angel English, what a find