Sign in to follow this  
naokik

Is paying 85 dollars for an english Tamagotchi ID L worth it?

I've wanted to buy a english ID L for a while but the price has always scared me away... I am a highschool student with no job so buying this tama would be like an investment. and now I really want one because of how disappointed I am with Tamagotchi Friends...

Is it really worth it? :huh:

Well, weigh your options carefully. IDLE is really great b/c it's fully English. However, it does not have anything that the Japanese model doesn't. So if you're on a budget and don't make much money, I'd personally go with the Japanese model, as it's pretty easy to figure out (plus there are always review videos on YouTube). The English model is more of a luxury, as it's just nice to be able to understand the conversation at the park etc.

Ra,

• Like 1

Well, weigh your options carefully. IDLE is really great b/c it's fully English. However, it does not have anything that the Japanese model doesn't. So if you're on a budget and don't make much money, I'd personally go with the Japanese model, as it's pretty easy to figure out (plus there are always review videos on YouTube). The English model is more of a luxury, as it's just nice to be able to understand the conversation at the park etc.

Ra,

Thank you for your input! I'm looking around and the Japanese model is so much cheaper!

so there isn't much of a language barrier? :o

I bought a Japanese iD L because I thought the English version was too expensive, and I haven't had any problems! And I don't understand any Japanese at all. There's some very good instructions for the iD L out there both here on TamaTalk and on TamaZone, and I've found them very, very useful so far. :)

I bought a Japanese iD L because I thought the English version was too expensive, and I haven't had any problems! And I don't understand any Japanese at all. There's some very good instructions for the iD L out there both here on TamaTalk and on TamaZone, and I've found them very, very useful so far. :)

thats great news! I assumed because of the dialouge that the Tamas would be more dependent on text. but if its anything simmilar to the ones I have I could navigate it with my eyes closed.

:P

The only thing I don't understand is the dialogue when you go to the park, but the animations are still so adorable! And when the Tama calls me I can't read the speech bubble, but I just check what it needs through the stats and I'm fine. Once you get a hang of all the options it's really easy to navigate.

The only thing I don't understand is the dialogue when you go to the park, but the animations are still so adorable! And when the Tama calls me I can't read the speech bubble, but I just check what it needs through the stats and I'm fine. Once you get a hang of all the options it's really easy to navigate.

Thats great! that will save me like 40 bucks!