Argh! I wanna cry!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quava

Reaction score
I was bidding on this (awesome) lot of 12 (vintage) tamagotchis throughout the week--it contained a Ginza street, an angelgotchi, a mori, at least two tama schools... all going for a starting price of $50 + shipping. Like, almost too-good-to-be-true level awesome. It ended today at 4:06AM and because I was going to be asleep then I set like 7 different alarms guaranteeing I had enough time to wake up and win the auction. I got up at about 3:40AM, and messed around online, and at 4:04 I started focusing exclusively on the eBay page. About 13 seconds before the auction ended someone outbid me by 1 dollar. I quickly entered a new max bid of $80 and hit enter, confirm--DEFINITELY should've been done in time to outbid my opponent, but lo and behold, when the page refreshed the item had already sold for $71.

I honestly am really super upset right now, this was going to be a huge gift to myself after a long week of just feeling upset and generally blegh. Do any of you guys have similar experiences? I know I'm probably overreacting, I just... really really wanted that lot! Haha. :(

Awww I'm sorry for your loss :( But I'm sure you will find many other great deals in the future!

I use Yahoo Japan Auctions and I miss out on plenty of great deals either because I can't beat autobidders, or because I simply forget :eek: I can't count how many times I've been bummed at the loss of auctions :( Good luck on future auctions!

Ya. I have had some of those happen. Most of them had the auto bids on them though. Just gotta learn when times are right for you to bid. You'll catch on. Don't wait to type in your next bid before you send it within seconds of ending. Thats one pointer.

Arg how annoying! I've had tons of stuff like that happen to me, glad I'm not the only one! EMF's right - maybe you didn't win this one because there's a better auction you'll win in the future? After paying for a tamagotchi V3 and having to get a refund (because of a seller problem) I found a super cheap iD L for sale! You never know what's around the corner. ;)

The same thing happened to me recently! I set my alarm for 6 am so I could win the auction, but I still lost! Now I just put in the absolute maximum I'm willing to pay for and hope for the best. BTW make sure your max bid isn't a whole number. Like put 20.50 for example, instead of just 20.00. I won my last one by just 50 cents because they were bidding whole numbers. I hope that helps. :)

Sorry for your loss, but like others have said, something really awesome may be just around the corner. Don't give up. I saw that lot too (did not bid on it). I won a lot one time at the last possible second by a penny, and I couldn't believe it when I won it. Most of the time on ebay I usually go for the Buy It Now items. That way i don't get disappointed.

a good thing to do is put maybe instead of £30 put £30.32 or another weird and awkward number :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back