Sign in to follow this  
Myiko

Tamagotchi 4U English App

Okie dokie

I am NOT Bandai Staff

Illegal acts such as editing/changing a on something copyrighted can be a criminal offense. That means if necessary, they can make it a problem and take you to court/legal issues can occur for that copyright infringement.

That is why we are trying to tell you. We don't want something one person has done to ruin it for us without access to the 4u app. They said you can use the Japanese app that was already ripped. Editing and such, however, they mean for you to stop or issues will occur. That can easily effect other parts of the world, Japan included.

I know many people do not want a legal issue running around. Simply put, Cease and Deist, It means stop or you will be served an legal order in place. In short.

As I might also add, Not only are you messing with the App Copyright. You are messing with the copyright of the 4U item itself. They have every right to protect the copyright being infringed on.

Copyright Infringement: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_infringement

• Like 4

Bandai contacted Takura about the English 4U app, so I imagine you guys will be getting a communication soon.

Edited by badwallaby

It's not fair that Takura gets blamed for Mr Blinky modifying the app. I hope that this will all get sorted out, and that we can go backing enjoying the Tamagotchi 4U Japan App.

Edited by jordboss

Guys, you all need to calm down. There's no need to police Myiko and the app translators. You're overreacting.

EDIT: Also, do we even know if the 4U app is copyrighted in countries outside Japan? Copyright law doesn't govern worldwide across country lines. Just ask Chinese brand bootleggers.

Edited by AzureStarline
  • Like 2

I think SR's last comment pretty much sums it up.

It doesn't really matter if you knew beforehand or didn't know something was not legal. You know now that there is a potential problem.

I'm asking you to stop using this site to promote your app hack to the TamaTalk community with immediate effect.

Our site rules are pretty clear - no discussion of anything illegal.

I don't want to take the chance that TamaTalk could face legal action or be closed / suspended for supporting your app and unfortunately you do not have the authority to assure me that it won't happen. If educated, experienced, informed tamagotchi users such as binary and -Ra- feel that there is a sufficient risk to stop the discussion / promotion of the app on Tama Zone, then, until proved otherwise, I support them fully.

Perhaps that might sound selfish to you but I'm sure you understand that there are genuine concerns about this from other Tamagotchi fans. No one denies the amount of work that you must be doing.

I'm just asking you to stop promoting your hack on the 4U app at TamaTalk please.

I would also ask everyone else to stop using TamaTalk to discuss this hack on the app for now (no more posts / status updates / signature messages, etc., etc., etc.).

If (in the future) we receive a clear indication or more information about the legality of the hack Mr Blinky and Miyiko are doing on the 4U app I'd be happy to re-open discussion.

Until then, no more please?

Thank you.

*closed*

• Like 4

I've just seen a Status Update from Myiko stating that everything has been sorted out with BanDai and that it is now OK to develop the English app.

See -Ra-'s post over at Tama-Zone: http://tama-zone.com...post&p=22182775

Discussion is now re-opened on this forum (as promised).

Good to hear it's OK to develop the app. (and disappointing to read that it went to court with proceedings against someone who took no part in developing the English app.)

*open*

THE 4U APP IS BACK UP, AND NOW IS SAFE TO KEEP GOING WITH THE PROJECT!

I'm glad the app is back!!

We will keep working on the new content as soon as we can!

http://mrblinky.net/tama/4u/app/

And yeah what Bandai did to Takura was really disappointing, but now that everything is solved we can be happy and enjoy the 4U english app again!!

Taking someone who was completely innocent to court over a translated app is ridiculous. It's sad.

I'm actually glad that they lost the case. I think Bandai should calm down. It's not like it'll do anything harmful. Congrats to ya for straightening everything out to where we can use it again.

I think I lost all respect for Bandai as well as Ra did. I'm still going to buy the Tamagotchis they release, but I just don't like the company itself.

Edited by ~SkrillexGotchi~
  • Like 1

New Update!

Santa Rolatchi is now available on the 4U English App!

santarola_by_utakoloid-d8h89rh.png

Never too late for Crhistmas right? And her set even includes a new game! ^_^

Edited by Myiko

New Update!

Santa Rolatchi is now available on the 4U English App!

santarola_by_utakoloid-d8h89rh.png

Never too late for Crhistmas right? And her set even includes a new game! ^_^

Just received it (but I do not have the 4U to download it)! Does it automatically update itself?

Yes the app updates automatically every time new items are added ~

Aww I'm excited about this :D

I'm still having problems with my NFC connexion. Does it fail because my cellphone is rooted?

Edited by erinea

I'm still having problems with my NFC connexion. Does it fail because my cellphone is rooted?

No. I have Cyanogenmod installed on my Nexus 7, and it's rooted, and it works just fine. Bandai's app on the other hand... doesn't like it one bit. It won't even open. Rude.

You can use Rootcloak on the official app and it'll work (If you wanted the paid for characters).

But yeah, Mr Blinkys doesn't seem to have that restriction.

• Like 1

I don't really know how it would work in rooted devices sadly, but I believe it should work, I'm sorry but I'm not much help when it comes to rooted devices :(

Anyway guys, Mr. Blinky realized a compatibility glitch on the app and just realized a new udate u can download it here!

http://mrblinky.net/tama/4u/app/

Some items on the Japanese app wouldn't send properly because of some codding error (The chocolate living was giving problems. for example), but he fixed it now on the english version :)

Also 26 new items were released! including a cute living for the TMGC+C fans ;)

And good news to everyone, Candy PakuPaku and Pianitchi (exclusive touch card characters) will be available in the app in the future! So please be patient :wub:

• Like 1

EDIT: Sorry, I answered to the last post forum showed me, ugh...

Edited by Carleesi

You can use Rootcloak on the official app and it'll work (If you wanted the paid for characters).

But yeah, Mr Blinkys doesn't seem to have that restriction.

This is true.

I already bought the Aikatsu set anyway so it doesn't really bother me. I am grateful for Mr Blinky though. I have installed tons of apps on my device, and the first (and only) one to deny access due to Root/Custom rom is the 4U App.

Bandai are control freaks.

• Like 1