Sign in to follow this  
AzureStarline

My Custom P's Faceplate

I think it turned out well! Now if only I could correct the tiny scratch on the screen. I know it doesn't affect gameplay, but I know it's there! I'm sure you guys can relate.

I chose bubbles as the design to help mask the gem-shaped bumps in the clear plastic.

1220141720_zpsabbdee0f.jpg

There are some scratches on the clear plastic around the pierce port, but putting any pierce in cover them thankfully. I already successfully linked the Love & Melody pierce. Thanks to the pierce patch, I can take it out and keep the data in tact!

1220141721_zps925f0260.jpg

• Like 3

That looks so cute. Well done!

I used tips from previous people who have removed the clear plastic faceplate and was able to get that piece off. Then I used the original design as a stencil; it comes right off the tama like a loose piece of paper. It took probably 5 minutes to trace the stencil onto the printed bubbles image, then about an hour to precisely cut out the new image. It takes a lot of patience and focus, but I knew I would lose all motivation if I ruined the first attempt after getting partway through.

EDIT: and I'm just realizing now that my wedding ring made a special appearance in the first photo haha

Edited by AzureStarline

That looks really good. The gemmed faceplate kind of adds to the bubbly-ness!

Very nice!!

That's adorable! What tools do you use to cut out patterns? I use an exacto knife but sometimes I find it's too sharp or cuts too far.