Cyber Kitty vs Computer Kitty?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well starting with the basics, they're both Giga Pets. Since we're getting into Giga Pet territory here, things are going to get messy.

☆ Compu Kitty was the standard, regular version. Came in clear yellow or special gold version.

There are two versions out there for the Compu Kitty. There is one with the original Giga Pet guts, then there's another with Nano-knockoff guts. Both are the clear yellow shell with purple designs. I believe the best way to tell the difference between guts is to look and see if "Giga Pets" is written on the side. The kind without "Giga Pets" written has the Nano guts. The gold version has Giga Pet guts.

In addition, there are two icon layouts available. The first wave did not have visible icons, similar to a Tamagotchi. When you highlighted the icon you wanted, it would show up. The second wave had the icons as part of the background, so you could always see them. Scrolling through them gave you arrows to see where you were pointing.

☆ Cyber Kitty was a KFC-exclusive version, with a clear yellow shell and green design. Easily identified by the KFC logo tampo on the side. Runs on Giga Pet guts. Second wave icons.

Bonus round: Bitty Kitty and Precious Kitty

☆ Bitty Kitty is the second color released at KFC. Clear green with purple design. Giga Pet guts. Second wave icons.

☆ Precious Kitty is the Barbie-exclusive release. Pink shell with all-new decorations. Giga Pet guts. Second wave icons.

In short, as long as you don't accidentally buy the Compu Kitty with the Nano guts, the only differences are aesthetic.

Well starting with the basics, they're both Giga Pets. Since we're getting into Giga Pet territory here, things are going to get messy.

☆ Compu Kitty was the standard, regular version. Came in clear yellow or special gold version.
There are two versions out there for the Compu Kitty. There is one with the original Giga Pet guts, then there's another with Nano-knockoff guts. Both are the clear yellow shell with purple designs. I believe the best way to tell the difference between guts is to look and see if "Giga Pets" is written on the side. The kind without "Giga Pets" written has the Nano guts. The gold version has Giga Pet guts.
In addition, there are two icon layouts available. The first wave did not have visible icons, similar to a Tamagotchi. When you highlighted the icon you wanted, it would show up. The second wave had the icons as part of the background, so you could always see them. Scrolling through them gave you arrows to see where you were pointing.

☆ Cyber Kitty was a KFC-exclusive version, with a clear yellow shell and green design. Easily identified by the KFC logo tampo on the side. Runs on Giga Pet guts. Second wave icons.

Bonus round: Bitty Kitty and Precious Kitty

☆ Bitty Kitty is the second color released at KFC. Clear green with purple design. Giga Pet guts. Second wave icons.
☆ Precious Kitty is the Barbie-exclusive release. Pink shell with all-new decorations. Giga Pet guts. Second wave icons.

In short, as long as you don't accidentally buy the Compu Kitty with the Nano guts, the only differences are aesthetic.

Wow, thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wondered about this too. Mine is from KFC, with the KFC logo, it is clear green with blue buttons. Cyber Kitty, first wave (no icons visible until selected).

I wondered about this too. Mine is from KFC, with the KFC logo, it is clear green with blue buttons. Cyber Kitty, first wave (no icons visible until selected).
GREEN Cyber Kitty? I don't think I've ever seen that! Do you have a photo?

I also didn't know there were any KFC versions with first wave icons!

It's all aesthetic, but still interesting!

Hello!

I think the green KFC kitty is the Bitty Kitty. It's programming is nearly the same as the normal Compu Kitty's, but it also has different animations and no Trick/Reward option I believe. Just Google "KFC Bitty Kitty" and you will find tons of pictures of it! There are some videos as well on Youtube. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back