How I tinkered with my v4 for the first time

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

privateswife

Reaction score
So I decided that I was ready to try and change my background. I knew from some ppl that its easy to ruin the sound cords. I promised myself to be extra careful. I took a small screwdriver and opened the tama. First layer, second layer until the LCD. I took out the plasctic rectangle that was inside and forgot about it. Then I took out the paper. I replaced it with a same sized piece but colored with yellow highlihter. I put it back together. When I put the battery in, I noticed a tiny strip of pixels that was not active. I tried pushing the battery deeper in, and it worked, kinda. I didnt know what to do with it. Finally I decided to ask dad for help. Luckily he tightened the screw so that the strip wasn't there anymore.

You might say its not much of a first adventure but for me it was really exciting. I thought for a while that I broke it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, well done and congratulations! Will you upload a picture of it?

I probably wouldn't be brave enough to do something like that. Most likely with me I'll break it.
Same with me I only like to open mine when I know they're broken. :p It sounds like you did a good job! I love seeing people personalize their tamas. ^_^

EDIT: I made my own background too! I took an extra V1, made a background, and put it in! It works just fine and it looks great. Thanks for the inspiration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back