Sign in to follow this  
Miau

Deep scratches on screen?

Hello all! I have quite a few deep scratches on my tamagotchis. mostly on the screen though! I dried displex on the screens and it worked ok, but there are still some scratches on it :( any suggestions for fixing that? and what about the rest of the toy? there are quite a few scratches on there too sadly... :P

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I'm willing to try just about anything!

~Miau :wub:

No guarantees but supposedly you can buffer in some toothpaste to clear scratches. The idea is similar to using toothpaste to buff out the yellow from car headlights. Be careful not to get it inside the buttons if you try it. Good luck (it may also wear off the paint). Hey, which certain do you have? Perhaps you can buy a decorating kit for it.

I'm not so sure about that, I tried that once and it didn't work too well for me :P It's an ID! I'm thinking about using resin to go over it and see if that works? but I don't wanna do that till I've tried everything else :mellow:

I wonder if you can buy a cheap Tamagotchi and replace the plastic screen cover or maybe put the guts in a new shell. I know you can replace the paper background with your own.

there isn't a paper background on the tamagotchi ID? and I'm not sure where I'd get a cheap tamagotchi ID/IDL to put the guts in :c

I didn't realize it was an ID.

there isn't a paper background on the tamagotchi ID? and I'm not sure where I'd get a cheap tamagotchi ID/IDL to put the guts in :c

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By missusmelty
      So I recently got a QT Rabbit Pet! All the pixels work, it's cute- but sadly there's two things wrong with it. 🥺 It's touch screen yet it doesn't work at times and sometimes it does if I'm lucky. It's also suppose to play music, which I'd like to try and fix too, but if not I would really like to get the touch screen working.

I was wondering if anyone here would be able to help/suggest anything! Thank you in advance!

ALSO! Sorry if this is the wrong area to post this in- I didn't know where else to go and ask this and thought this was my best bet!

• By Odourman
      Hello!
      This post is about vintage, connections and up to uratama. About how to repair them.
      My native language isn't English, so this might be a bit of a strange read. 😋
      If you have a pet that have lazy buttons or fading screen, or maybe doesn't seem to work at all, there is a thing you can do.
      You can open up your device, it's easy! Take out all the screws, but remember where they are supposed to sit! Then you can take the screen off. It's No worries! And of it's broken - take the chance to fix it! It's no problem!
      Then after you have taken off everything, you clean everything on the circuit board.  Careful! With alcohol or some other ok liquid for cleaning electronic stuff. You do this with a cotton wad stick, like those for the ears... But don't use a used one! Don't be cheap, take a new one. It's worth it.
      Then if something is wrong the paper behind the screen on your Tamagotchi, like water damage maybe? Then you can throw away and make a new one! Draw something naughty and put it where the old paper was and TADA! New background.
      Make sure to clean the buttons and where they push! Press them a bit insideout and clean.
      Well, after everything is clean, you put it together!!! Remember where the screws went??? I hope so. They have different sizes you know. But don't worry - you did! Yay! It wasn't hard at all and there wasn't many of them!
      When the little critter is put back together, you put the batteries in and try it out. The screen will be stronger now and the buttons a lot bettet!
      But if it still does NOT work it might have something else wrong. You might need to solder. That is a bit more advanced. 
      You'll need to change the 47uf capacitor! I'll write how... It's the funny round things with legs. You need to get it out! Cut it out of the circuit board and make sure EVERY part of it is out. Ok? Then you take your new 47uf capacitor and put it in it's place! Make sure it sits the right way! And you solder that capacitator into place! 
      But some pets use different capacitators, so get the right uf. Ok? There are different volt in capacitators but Tamas use very little.
      Soldering isn't so hard. Save your Tamagotchi!
      (If it's just your sound wires, then you can hot glue them.)
      Anyway... I hope this wicked post helps a Tamagotchi breeder... Somewhere.
      A take apart video!!! Notice the screen. Clean it!
      Look! A Good guide for yr EYEs! (This guy knows Tamagotchi!)
      Good Luck! 🧐

• By GayALaMode
      Recently I’ve stumbled upon a tumblr post regarding Polywatch being a suitable scratch buffer for color Tamagotchi’s, such as magical meets. Unfortunately after about 2-3 days of play, I got a nasty vertical scratch on my meets screen. 
      I went with Polywatch because it seemed like there was a fair amount of debate on whether or not Duplex works or not, or ruins screens in general. After about 4-5 applications, the smaller screen scratches are nearly gone, however the larger one is still present. I’m going to post my overall results on my tumblr to show before/after images.
      Anyone have any positive experiences with their own solutions to removing scratches?
    • By mimitchi ^o^
      Hey, everyone!

I've always wondered if it would be possible to create your own connection Tamagotchi! Like somehow creating your own sprites and importing them into the Tamagotchi or something along those lines. Does anyone know of anything along these lines or have any tips? I've played around with the circuit boards and I've even managed to swap a V2 circuit board with a V4.5 circuit board just for fun, but I want to actually create my own somehow. I'd love to start a discussion with everyones' thoughts on this and some input on how to go about doing this. I think customizable Tama's could be a new thing!
    • By PastelEgg2535
      So I recently traded for a Tama IDL, 15th anniversary edition. And it isn't in the best cosmetic shape. It isn't incredibly horrible, no marks on the actual screen and the purple shell is not "sun burned" which I never even knew was possible until I aquired this Tama lol... but the "15" symbol is very scratched off, and the clear plastic surrounding the screen is very scratched.

I am wondering if displex (which I know is for fixing scratches on screens) could work if I tried to use it to fix some of the scratches on the clear plastic around the screen? I do not want to attempt if it will make the plastic cloudy. So, anyone who has attempted this, or knows anything about displex at all (I've never used it) I appreciate any suggestions ^-^
    • By Myiko
      Well, I love the design of my TMGC+C and TamaGo, but the way the screen was made so round makes them EXTREMELY EASY TO SCRACTH, I mean, I've been taking the carefully inside a sock all the time I take them with me, and the screen gets scratched I don't know why. My Music Star doesn't have a SINGLE srcatch and I've taken it everywhere in my bag without a single protection, so I'm guessing is the round shape and the materials what makes them so scratchy.

I recently bought some displex for mobiles with regular screen (non touch), I'm guessing that's the right one for the Tamagotchi's right? I heard it can help a lot to make the screens look like new, and I don't know anyone who has screwed their Tamagotchi's by doing so, so I guess it works? o3o

Also bought some iphone protectors for my uncle (the pack of 6 was cheaper than just 1 lol) and I'm keeping 3 of them, could I cut them and put them into my Tamagotchi's after applying the displex on them? or will it do something weird? it doesn't matter if it's a protector for a touchable screen right?

I hope you can help me guys, because I'm trying to keep my tama's in good condition as well as I can