Who, or what raised your interest and got you started in Tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A conversation 11 year old me overheard in 97. Soon after that I had my own little tamagotchi. Been a fan of virtual pets since.

Don't really remember, but I think I saw a P1 in a toy store and decided to ask my parents to buy it for me because I love creature-raising type games.

It was because of me randomly finding an episode of Let's Go! Tamagotchi! on YouTube, when I was 9.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got into it by seeing an advertisement for it on TV. I searched the house, managed to get 15 bucks in quarters, and somehow convinced my parents to take me to Toys "R" Us so I could buy one. They were both Music Stars and I still have one of them (that's even running ^-^)

I got back into it this year because of a senior that would always carry them around until one died and she got discouraged and gave them up. I've been hooked since about November now. :D

I saw videos of Tamagotchis and decided to ask my mom for one. Ended up getting two without even asking for another one.

I remember seeing ads for the tamagotchi version 3 as a kid, then one day I was at Toys'R'Us and had some extra money and wanted to buy something. I saw tamagotchi v5 and bought it. I found tamatalk because I had so many questions about my v5,I was pretty clueless :p and that's how it all started :)

When I was little the first tamagotchis were all the rage... xD Then during my high school years the connexion ones came out and I remembered how much I loved my original before it unceremoniously broke on me when it was accidentally dropped during a move... I got a v3 and since I'm a 'less-is-more' type of person it lasted me for several years until I accidentally stumbled on the +C online.. I discovered that there was a lot more to Tamagotchi than what I thought and I've been hooked ever since uwu

The first toy I remember having was a talking nano baby (i don't remember how i got it), so when I was a little older and saw the relaunch of virtual pets in the form of the tamagotchi v1 (via browsing target) i had to get one!

I remember having one when I was 3, but I'm guessing I had seen a commercial for a V4 and that's why I wanted them. From there, my friends were obsessed and we'd keep diaries about our tamas, so I always wanted to upgrade to the latest one!

I remember having one when I was 3, but I'm guessing I had seen a commercial for a V4 and that's why I wanted them. From there, my friends were obsessed and we'd keep diaries about our tamas, so I always wanted to upgrade to the latest one!
You must have been really good with your toys to get one as a 3 yr old. Lucky you. I can't imagine giving my daughter one. But she isn't even 1 yet.

I doubt I knew what I was doing with it lol. In fact, I reall only have one memory, I was carryung kt around the grocery store with my mama.

I Remeber them being super popular and I really didn't have any intentions in buying one, I saw that Jamie lynn Spears had one because they give them to celebrities at the Nick awards thing or whatever. I saw she had one and she was my favorite actress because of Zoey101, which was my favorite show for the longest time. I really wanted one and i got a V2 from Walgreen's and It was pink, but it was my first Tama and I was excited to have one and from then on I have a hefty collection of 50+ I haven't counted recently how many I have I just know I have a lot and tons of merchandise.

-Puri-

A friend of mine (well, not really a friend) in 1st grade once came to school with a v1. She had no idea how to take care of it, but at recess people would gather around it to watch the "pac-man" poop xD

I absolutely adored them after that. My best friend, who was a spoiled brat (no offense lmao), came in the next day with TWO friendship packs. Meaning 4 brand new Tamagotchis. That made my blood boil, since she didn't let ANYONE touch them and they were constantly sick and overweight. I eventually got my own some months later, but the fad died out after 2nd grade. I was the only person who continues to collect through 3rd grade, 4th, 5th, and 6th 7th and 8th (though for the last 3 I was hiding them in my desk and avoiding letting my friends see them lol)

I still would like to collect, but....the newer versions (colour) are too expensive and by default are usually in Japanese :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back