Wanting to buy a tamagotchi 4U on ebay

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brunotchi

Reaction score
I was considering in purchasing a tamagotchi 4U on ebay but i dont really understand the shipping fee

"Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. * Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying. * These charges are normally collected by the delivering freight (shipping) company or when you pick the item up - do not confuse them for additional shipping charges. * We do not mark merchandise values below value or mark items as "gifts" - US and International government regulations prohibit such behavior."

Does this mean i have to pay extra inorder to get my item once it arrives?

It depends on the customs rules of your country. In the USA, I've imported plenty of things from Japan and China and have never had to pay additional fees. However, all of those packages were delivered through FedEx or UPS not the national postal service.

In some countries, depending on the type of product that you are importing, where it is coming from, how much it weighs, ect. they will charge you extra when they drop it off or when you go to pick it up. Again, I've imported a lot of things from overseas to the USA and never had to pay a fee like that. Usually the product has to be something that's difficult to process through customs, like perfume. There are very specific rules on the sort of perfume and how much perfume you can send through the mail.

I would check your county's guidelines on importing and customs to see if you will have to pay extra!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would be cheaper and safer if you buy it from CDJapan. I bought mine there and it came very fast and with the Rolatchi card

Have you ever bought anything online overseas before? It's not just eBay; IF you need to pay import taxes, you'd probably have to do it for other sites too.

However, since the seller says they do not mark items as gifts, there's a chance you'd have to pay a fee for that. I know of someone who bought some stuff from eBay and had to pay fees because it was marked as merchandise rather than gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back