What is your computer?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supertoaster

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm a big computer nerd (I think thats the first time I said that here) and I was wondering what people are using as their main computer... It doesn't necessarily have to be a computer (can be tablet ) since the market for computers have been slowly decreasing since tablets and smartphones.

You can add the specs if you would like to.

This is my computer I use for school.

10410314_643341079126311_3606536439416759520_n.jpg

I have an Asus laptop. AMD Quad Core, 1.5GHz, 8GB memory, 500GB HDD, has a DVD/CD drive, 2 USB3.0 and one HDMI port. I got it for pretty cheap after my last laptop broke. I've had it for a couple years now, still runs perfectly and I love it. Definitely recommend Asus products. Tried to look for a picture but there aren't any decent quality pics of it.

Thats some good specs actually :) ASUS is really good my friends bought their motherboards from them

Mine's a Toshiba Satellite of some sort, it has 8GB of RAM, 3 USB ports, disc drive, etc.

tumblr_nk0b4lhb7n1r4eat3o1_540.jpg

I got it only recently, early last month, as my old one, a Compaq Presario something that I had for 3 years, started having some problems

Mine's an Inspiron 531, I have Windows on it, but I'm still thinking about what distro of Linux to install...

(You can see my specs on my Steam profile.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice computer :D I like HP computers

Inspiron 500 series are desktops right?

I've got a ThinkPad R61i from 2007; can't remember the rest of the specs.

It's really not a bad computer save for the fact that it's eight years old and really isn't powerful enough. (I'm 96% sure that it's going to die.) I realized two years ago that it couldn't handle its original Windows Vista, so I completely removed Windows and replaced it with a Linux OS. Over the past two years I've tried several Linux systems on it--all Ubuntu-based. I'm not sure whether my favorite was Ubuntu (beautiful UI), Linux Mint (works beautifully), or Xubuntu (beautiful UI).

Anyway, I'm currently running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

I have the msi gs70 stealth pro with Windows 8. I got it for cheap and it's a pretty good gaming laptop imo. :p

I currently have the worst HP laptop in history but at least it has a fingerprint scanner I guess ._.

But planning on getting a MacBook Pro "11-"14 because I can dual boot so I could also use windows

You guys all have better computers than me... The one I pictured is about 23 years old.... I do still use it for school only... I have better ones then that though....

You guys all have better computers than me... The one I pictured is about 23 years old.... I do still use it for school only... I have better ones then that though....
I've got an old Mac OS 9 computer in a pile of old stuff to never be used again in my backyard, I'm surprised you still use a System 7 laptop. :eek:

oh no I did a doublepost.

I'll just replace it with a different post.

I have a Dell laptop. I really wanted a desktop, though.
The desktops are pretty good, I got my Inspiron 531 in 2011/2012, and it's good.

I have Linux Mint 17.1 XFCE on it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back