Tamagotchi V5 and V6 memory problems!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linnie

Reaction score
I haven't played with these tamas much out of all the ones I own because of something that bothers me...

Neither of these tamas seem to "remember" major events!

The batteries die and I have to start completely from scratch....

So is there something special I need to do with these tamas, or am I just stuck with a pair of defective ones?

My Version 5 does that a lot. It seems to be a common issue in this version.

When you put in a new battery, a "DOWNLOAD" and "RESET" option should come up. You need to select download to continue from the last major event.

If neither of these show up and it automatically resets, then there is a big problem.

It could be that the batteries you use are unreliable. Sometimes cheap batteries are faulty and you should try better brands.

My Tamagotchi Version 5 tends to reset when I bump it a little. Do you ever bump your Tamagotchi, and/or have you dropped it? You can try handling it as gently as possible when inserting a new battery.

You might need to dismantle the Tamagotchi and clean its interior but I'm not sure how well that will help with this problem. Try cleaning the metal bit where the battery goes first; wipe it with a soft cloth or q-tip but do not use water.

I've been using big brand batteries, and when I replace them, I don't get the "Download" and "Reset" options even if I try multiple times (maybe that is a mistake as well?).

I don't think I've bumped them, but sometimes I have had to put them in a backpack when I travel. They probably get a little bit beat up in there at times, oops!

I'll try cleaning them. I got them brand new from the store way back when, so poking around for dirt didn't really occur to me.

This was a very common problem on the V5. It wasn't an easy one to fix either. The best advice I have is to look for the warning signs when it's running out of batteries (screen dimming / flashing, strange noises etc.) and take the battery out before it resets itself - if yours functions anything like mine did, then hopefully taking the battery out doesn't cause a reset, and it gives you the reset / download options.

Another thing I noticed was that when it was low battery, setting the clock occasionally caused it to bring up the reset / download options too - perhaps another way to bypass the reset.

I hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back