tamagotchi 4u was wet, and not working..

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newb_tama_lover

Reaction score
hello, ima newb.. as you can see.. so I don't really know some of these things :rolleyes: ...anyway my tama got wet (REALLY WET) so I took my batteries out and later cheaked to see if it was ok, and it had an white screen but the sound was working. so is it gone?.. :huh: or can I do something about it.

thanks for the help. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You could try putting it in a bag of rice. The rice will hopefully drain the water out but you have to leave it there for a few days. If that doesn't work you could try opening your tama and clean out the inside. I'm sure there is more ways but this is all I can think of. I hope you can get it working again. ^_^

I would like to second the earlier suggestion on putting it on a bag of rice and leaving it for a while.

If it does work - good for you (try not to get it wet again)! Otherwise... there's really no other option but to get a new one.

Electronics and water... usually don't mix very well.

EDIT: I took a photo of the back of the 4U box. I'll translate it for everyone... might be helpful :)

notice_zpsjswnkj67.jpg

1) Do not put the device in your mouth (or swallow)

2) Do not immerse the device in water or liquids

3) Do not subject the device to extreme heat or any heat sources

I have heard of rice doing wonders! But you do have to leave it for a good couple of days. I hope it works out.

The rice, it needs to set for a few days. I had a tama purchased, DOA, the water/liquid moved slowly for months, it half works now...original 97 one. Give it time, bury the thing in rice, open shell.

Good luck, many electronics don't come back after being wet... Unfortunately.

by putting the batteries back in it before it was dried out could have caused it to short circuit, but you should still try the bag of rice just in case it didn't. But for future reference, if you ever get an electronic wet, the first thing you need to do is cut out it's power supply (ie. remove batteries/unplug it/turn it off/etc) and never turn it back on until you know it's dry (via bag of rice for smaller electronics)

Taking these steps as promptly as you can will greatly raise your chances of saving your wet electronics.

oh no,..right when it got wet I let it stay that way for a week or two..
It's unfortunate that many of us have to learn these things the hard way, and your tama might not be repairable. Though I still encourage you to try the bag of rice, there's always a chance that it might be ok. I'm not saying get your hopes up but there's no harm in trying it out. Not too long ago I sneezed and it caused me to spill watter on my laptop keyboard. I tried to dry it out for a day and turned it back on and after noticing my keys malfunctioning I was sure it was doomed, but I left it drying out for a few more days and then everything was fine! It all depends on where the water hit really.

And if it turns out that your tama is indeed dead, I send you my condolences. I lost my childhood V3 to water damage :'( It's not the price of a 4U but it was very sentimental </3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back