Are you a Tomboy, Girly-Girl or Both?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like to label myself but I'd say I'm more of a girly-girl because...

- I don't give a potato if I wear dresses, skirts, or the color pink.

- I like cute girly things like Tamagotchi, MLP, and Jewelpet

- I don't really like video games or many boyish things

;)

What I'm saying is that tomboys usually go out of their way to avoid girly stuff but I don't. Also just because I don't wear make-up or like celebrities doesn't mean I'm a tomboy. XD

Last edited by a moderator:
I find that these labels don't really do any good to anyone, and rarely fit a person completely. I'm neither. I'm just myself. I don't wear make-up and don't ever plan to, but I do like dressing up cute. I play video games and don't socialize much (with either gender), but I don't think video games are a gendered thing anymore as we now have just as many girls/women playing them as boys/men. I have been a huge fan of different typical "fangirl" type shows like Supernatural and Doctor Who, as well as k-pop celebrities, but I'm not as into them anymore. I don't attach genders to color because I think that's ridiculous, but my favorite colors are blue and purple, and my bedroom is just a normal bedroom with little decoration and isn't "girly" or "boyish".

I'd say I'm a mixture of tomboy and girly. I dont wear makeup but my hair is very long. I dont like videogames but pink isnt my fav color. I like singing k-pop boy group songs more than girl group songs.

I'm a mix of both for these reasons: 1: I rarely wear make up even though I am a teenager 2: I used to really want to wear a skirt without leggings under it 3: I am weird and I'm pretty darn proud 8D 4: I still like girly things like the color pink, Hello Kitty, and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. 5: I literally do not know how to put my hair up in a ponytail.. 6: I prefer boy bands over girl singers. I am mostly just being myself. :)

I have always been considered a tom-boy. I used to be really into set construction, have always been more comfortable with a paint roller or a screw gun than a makeup brush or curling iorn, and tend to be the person who fixes the apartment when my boyfriend sits back and hands me tools, after I explain what a "ball peen" is. I have a good command of the color palatte, and know the difference between eggshell and creame when describing tones of offwhite, so I'm a little more to the girly end of the spectrum, but while I have an eye for design, I have more fun building the components of it than making them look pretty.

I really agreen with NineMouse. The labels tend to wedge us into these little ineffectual constructs. I can't be a tom-boy without playing sports (which have no appeal to me if they don't involve a frisbee.) I can't be a girly girl if I don't like nail art (which never lasts more than 48 hours with my job.) I love crafting in general; l always tap into my inner Martha Stewart when I can make something prettier. At times, however, I had to cut guys out of my life because they wanted me to be more feminine, and while I understand their reservations, I'll never be okay with "playing dumb" when I know a more effective way to build or repair something around the house (wwhich was most of the basis of their complaints.) I'd much rather be myself and let others consider me to be what they will. It's always easier to weather the opinions of other people if you're true to yourself. Sometimes, it puts me in an uncomfortable place at the given moment, but in the end, I always have always felt worse pretending to be what others wanted or expected than I ever felt when doing what felt true to myself. Whether or not it's a boy thing or a girl thing, it only matters if I enjoy it and others are not hurt by my choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back