Tamagotchi(s) won't work after inserting new batteries!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

haileymametchi

Reaction score
I need some help. I was thinking of starting up one of my old Tamagotchis again after a couple years. I went to change the battery in my V5, but it wouldn't respond. I tried that same battery in another Tamagotchi (a V4) but it still didn't respond. I tried different batteries from the same pack, but they didn't work in any of my Tamagotchis. The last time I checked(A couple of years ago), all of my Tamagotchis worked perfectly, and they are treated gently.

The batteries are CR2032 (I think that's the right battery?). I've had these batteries for quite a while now. Is the problem my batteries or my Tamagotchis themselves?

I do recommend you to buy fresh batteries just to try, we can't come to a conclusion yet.

Hi haileymametchi,

It would be unusual for both of your tamagotchis to stop working if they're treated gently... I think it is definitely worth trying out new batteries :) Good luck!

Try leaving the batteries in for several seconds (while holding your finger on the battery). Sometimes I have to do that to my Music Star to get it to start up.

Sometimes batteries go bad if you never use them for a while, especially if they're a not very reliable brand.

Try cleaning the contacts with a qtip dipped lightly in rubbing alcohol. Allow it to dry completely before trying new batteries.

^^This. And also buy new batteries that are name brand, not dollar store cheapies. Batteries can (and do) go bad if not used for a while.

I tend to put the battery in, and then press the reset button and they always seem to work then. I'd also recommend cleaning the insides too, dirt can build up over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back