V1 Nostalgia Log... and a break from life as I know it.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*mimitchi*

Reaction score
Hey, guys!

First of all, let me start by saying a few things. It has been a long (LONG) time since I've ventured around the TamaTalk website or into the world of Tamagotchis in general. I have wanted to come back and post again for such a long time and so much has changed. I'm 21 now, in my last year of college, and searching for a job and an apartment. My life has become a roller coaster of trying to make it through my days at college and it has become such a challenge for me to do anything akin to a hobby. Coming back to this website brings back a lot of memories and thoughts of friends past. It was a very special place to me and having the time to come back and begin a log is refreshing. So, with that said, it is now my spring break! What better time to come back and de-stress than now?

I chose to start up a V1 because, y'know, why not go a little old school? I originally thought about starting my P1 but alas, no batteries. That always seemed to be a problem for me... All these button batteries scattered around but not a single one has enough power to let me hatch a Tamagotchi. Luckily, I found one in a Music Star I had, so I used that. I never did like the Music Star anyway.

This log will follow the life of my V1 Tamagotchi named Dylan (a homage to Bob Dylan because... well do I even need a reason?). I am going to log throughout the first generation which should be the entirety of my spring break; it is questionable if the log will last any longer than that. Once I return to college, I probably won't have time to do this again until the summer, but I will do my best. Hopefully throughout this week, Dylan will live a happy, long life.

I set the clock on my Tamagotchi around 11:26 PM tonight, and Dylan hatched from his egg one minute later. I'm sure you can guess what happened between now and then; poops to clean up, games to be played, food to be fed, and tears to be wiped. Because that's what Babytchis do, right?

After about an hour or so, Dylan evolved into Marutchi, and is now sleeping. Since it is late, I couldn't keep him awake to flush the toilet or check stats, so Dylan goes to sleep with a poop beside his bed and one empty hunger heart. His lights are out for now, but I will see him in the morning and come back to post another update. That will be it regarding Dylan for the night. I'm hoping he will evolve into an Ichigotchi and that I can keep a watchful eye.

As for you guys, feel free to post in this log and say hello! I would love to hear what your thoughts are and how you are faring with your own Tamagotchis. Let me know what you're running right now and if you like older versions better than newer versions or vice versa. Tell me what you'd like to read about regarding Dylan and our spring break adventure! I will certainly post his updates as well as a few of my own. I plan to get out of town this week and Dylan will certainly come along for the ride. :)

See you in the next post!

Always,

*mimitchi* ♥

P.S.: Here is a picture of Dylan from tonight!

Good morning!

I thought I would check in before I got ready to start my day. It's been a slow Saturday so far, mostly because I've slacked when it comes to getting out of the bed and doing something with myself. That had a little bit of an affect on Dylan.

I woke up at 8 AM to check on him and he seemed fine so I went back to sleep as you do. I woke up again at 10 AM to check him and he had one poop and two hearts missing from both his hungry and happy meters. It's been a while since I've been up to date on the amount of care you have to have to achieve a certain character, so I'm not sure if I've ruined my chances at an Ichigotchi with that or not. Eh, what can ya do?

We've been playing the Jump game this morning to lose some weight and we need to play again, as I've been lazy the rest of the morning and fed Dylan snacks (which I'm sure he loves). Right now, he's just bobbing up and down and occasionally rolling around the screen out of boredom. I was considering starting another V1 so that he could have a friend, but I'm not sure that I could keep up with both of them at the moment.

Now that I've checked in, I need to pull myself out of bed and do something with my life. It's supposed to be a nice 50 degree day and I'm going to try and find something to do. For now, I'll leave you with a picture of Dylan from this morning and his current stats:

Hungry: ♥♥♥♥
Happy: ♥♥♥♥
Training: 1
Weight: 19lb

Hope you all are having a wonderful day!

Always,
*mimitchi*

Hey guys!!

Today has come to a close and it's been a pretty good one. I saw one of my friends today and we scrounged antique shops and found some of the coolest stuff. I found a sweet transistor radio from the '70s and some pretty cool cameras that I was literally dying to buy, but I always talk myself out of those things because I COULD be using my money for something I actually NEEDED and blah blah blah...

And of course, Dylan was along for those excursions. He hasn't been constantly paid attention to, but none of his hearts dropped below two empty today. He would have some times where he was left alone with his messes which I'm sure he didn't appreciate... He should evolve tomorrow if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure if he took a nap today and if he did, I may have missed turning his lights out (oops... o whale). We've played the jump game a LOT today. I just don't really like the dance game because it goes on forever and it seems like it takes such a long time to complete and progress. Or maybe I'm just impatient. Probably that one.

All in all it's been a good day for the both of us. Dylan is now fast asleep with no poops beside him and full meters. He gained another training bar today and he didn't get sick any. Hopefully tomorrow morning I can keep myself awake enough to check him occasionally before I inevitably fall back asleep, but whatever it's spring break. Tamagotchis are certainly more of morning creatures than I am and I am extremely unwilling to change my ways. After all, this is the only time I'm going to manage more than 3 hours of sleep a night.

But anyway, with that I'm going to sleep myself. I might spend some time on Minecraft before I go, though. Anyone else into Minecraft? It's been a long time since I've played, but I used to love it. Every time I play I seem to lose track of time to a ridiculous extent.

Here is Dylan tonight. Maybe he's dreaming about S'mores Poptarts.

Training: 2

Weight: 25lb

Goodnight!

Always,

*mimitchi*

Nice log and one of my favorite versions! :)

I'm pretty sure that Marutchi toddlers always evolve into Ichigotchi teens on the first generation of this version (after that the care levels will have more effect on which teen you get in odd generations - Ichigotchi or Hinotamatchi)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dylan evolved this morning!

Just as I had hoped, he turned into an Ichigotchi despite my failure to clean his poops on time. I can't remember if you can still achieve Gozarutchi and Masktchi from Ichigotchi or not, but I ALWAYS used to get those characters because I'm an awful caretaker so I'm hoping for someone different this time. It's quite the rarity that I find Hanatchi or Kuchipatchi on my screen, so maybe I can get one of them. It's quite easy to get Mametchi I find. If anyone has any tips on how to achieve certain characters on the V1, I'd love to hear your suggestions! Especially the more in-between kind of characters.

Since the time moved an hour forward here, I still haven't gotten around to changing Dylan's clock, so he's still an hour behind. That was good for me this morning because he woke up, evolved, and promptly went back to sleep so that I could do the same. He pooped once and his hearts haven't dropped below one empty today. I read somewhere that to achieve a Hanatchi, you have to keep the training somewhere between 3 and 7, so I might try to do that.

As of now, Dylan and I are just sitting around. It's a very lazy Sunday.

Here is Dylan this morning!

Have a wonderful day today!

Always,
*mimitchi*

Nice log and one of my favorite versions! :)

I'm pretty sure that Marutchi toddlers always evolve into Ichigotchi teens on the first generation of this version (after that the care levels will have more effect on which teen you get in odd generations - Ichigotchi or Hinotamatchi)
Thank you! That seems right - I never really noticed any patterns on the first generations, so I wasn't entirely sure how much care would influence the characters. It's been a while!

It's also nice to see a familiar name still active on the forums! :) Hope you are doing well.

Back for tonight's update - I've been a pitiful caretaker today. It's not that I mean to... I've not ran a Tamagotchi in so long that sometimes I forget it's with me. It actually makes me feel bad when I see the little fella in there with a poop beside his bed! Nonetheless, he's not been too bad off. My boyfriend and I went out of the house and enjoyed the nice weather today (we've been snowed in for quite a while) and I put Dylan on pause for around 3 or 4 hours. I just unpaused him not too long ago and left him there for another hour or so; he went to sleep with a poop beside his bed and one heart missing from both happy and hungry.

The slight neglect doesn't really concern me though because I'm not really looking for Mametchi - I'd really like to see Kuchipatchi or Hanatchi and I think you achieve those characters with a little less than perfect care. I always heard that Kuchipatchi was lazy anyway and Hanatchi always had problems with that big nose!

I'm assuming pausing for a certain amount of time just delays the evolution time by the amount of time he was paused... correct me if I'm wrong. I also just switched the time to account for daylight savings, so that will probably mess up evolution time as well. I hope it's not by too long - I'd like to get through two generations before I have to put my Tamagotchi back into hibernation. This is a time that I'm thankful for the download button so I don't have to really say goodbye to my little pals.

So Dylan is sleeping now, and I probably won't make it there for a long time yet. It just isn't in me to fall asleep at 11 PM. Give it about four more hours... :lol:

I don't have a picture for tonight. The laziness in me is really taking over at the moment. Just imagine a little Ichigotchi sleeping with a poop beside his bed. Pleasant, huh? ;)

Here are Dylan's stats:

Hungry: ♥♥♥

Happy: ♥♥♥

Weight: 33 lb

See you tomorrow!

Always,

*mimitchi* :mimitchi:

Morning, guys!

I woke up to find Dylan nearly empty in everything; he had one heart left in both happy and hungry. If I had caught him any later, he would've called for my attention. He had two poops, so I flushed the toilet and fed him and we then played the jump game twice. When it gets near the end of the game, I always get nervous and jump too early.

It's only been about an hour or so since I've been awake, so not much has went on since then other than me being neglectful as per use'. What can I say? I've missed sleeping in late.

After Dylan was fed and thoroughly entertained, I caught him dancing around on the floor singing to himself. I'll just pretend he was singing Mr. Tambourine Man. Too cliche? ;)

Here is a picture of Dylan and his stats:

Weight: 28 lb

See you tonight! Have a good day! :lol:

Always,

Back again for the night!

I'm really having trouble putting into words how Dylan's day has went without sounding too repetitive, but V1's are very simple so... I feel like I'm not very good in that department. Dylan hasn't had the worst day ever; his hearts never went below two empty and he never had to call for my attention unless he was about to gain a bar in training. It was most of the usual schedule. I often feed him snacks and then play games with him at less frequent points throughout the day, so he's not too small or too big. He's at an in-between weight at the moment.

He wasn't on pause any of the day today. I've not been busy enough to have to do that - my day has been pretty bland to say the least. I'm hoping he will evolve within the next few days. I'm excited to see what kind of character he will turn into. I'm fairly certain he hasn't been neglected enough to turn into Masktchi, but we shall see. Before he went to sleep, he took a bath. I caught him in the bath with the attention icon lit up, but as soon as he took a bath, he went straight to bed, and I never got to see why he wanted my attention. I'll assume that's one training bar I've missed.

Here he is in the bath!

Hungry: ♥♥♥

Happy: ♥♥♥

Training: 3

Weight: 36 lb

That's it for tonight, guys! See you tomorrow!

Always,

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Tuesday!

I woke up to Dylan much in the same shape he was in yesterday; three empty hearts in both happy and hungry and a poop beside him. Again, he had not had time to lose all of his hearts and call for my attention, so I promptly filled them back up before he had the chance. We played the jump game and I finally got over all 30 hurdles! That raised his happy meter back to four full and Dylan lost some weight in the process.

That's all that has really happened so far. We're just sitting around now, watching the rain fall outside. Unfortunately for my spring break, it's supposed to rain the entire week...

Anyway, I'll check back in tonight! I believe the time to evolve into an adult will be in the next day or so.

Here are Dylan's stats:

Weight: 36 lb

See you tonight!

Always,

Today has been an interesting day for Dylan and I. I got to spend my day browsing a local record shop and eating a pound of shrimp for dinner which I can definitely say makes ANY day a good day.

It's been a little rough for Dylan being in my care while I'm distracted with all these things and he has had more neglect today than I care to admit. Does it make anybody else feel like an actual terrible person when you neglect your Tamagotchis? I hate admitting it for some reason lol maybe I'm a softie. It's alright though, Dylan has been relatively okay. His hearts haven't dropped below two empty in either hungry or happy today. I just keep forgetting I'm running a Tamagotchi and forget to check on him. I guess that happens when you get used to not having them around anymore.

Dylan didn't gain any training bars today. Most of the times that his happy meter dropped, I would feed him snacks but play the jump game in between so that he wouldn't end up too unhealthy. I didn't catch him singing or taking a bath today. He was on pause for a little while today too - probably around two hours or so - so that will delay his evolution time a bit more. He may not change until he is around 5 years old. Or at least I think that's how it works... If anyone knows how pausing affects the evolution time, feel free to let me know.

I paused him late in the day with the intention of filling his meters back to full before he went to sleep, but as soon as I unpaused him, he was already in the bed. So Dylan goes to sleep tonight with a poop beside his bed and two hearts missing from hungry and one heart missing from happy. I'm still interested to see what adult will come out of this semi-good caretaking. Sometimes I've managed to pull a Mametchi with care like this somehow. But again, I would reeeally like to see Kuchipatchi. I never could achieve him that often.

Here's Dylan tonight asleep with his lights on before I turned them off...

Hungry: ♥♥

Happy:♥♥♥

Weight: 34 lb

And with that, I'll see you sometime tomorrow! I'm going out of town tomorrow so Dylan may have to be on pause sometimes. I am going to try my best so that doesn't have to happen, but we shall see. Goodnight!

Always,

Hey guys!

So I have some good and bad news... The good news is, I finally got to get out of town for the day and do some summer shopping at the mall and other places and have a great day in general.

The bad news is that - and this will probably come as no surprise - I LEFT DYLAN HOME. UNPAUSED.

I was playing with him this morning before I left and I must've just forgot to chuck him in my bag because I came home to find him on my bed and I had a mini freak out and checked him to make sure he wasn't dead... Sure enough, he is still kickin' and is currently asleep. He's a trooper, that's for sure. He had lots of poops beside of him and he was very sick.

The other news... He evolved today! I came home to find that he had changed into a Tarakotchi at the ripe age of 4 years. Not the character I was hoping he would be, but Tarakotchi never really showed up on my screens a lot either, so I am content.

I hated leaving him in the bed with poops beside him and sick, so I changed the clock to wake him up and fix him up before bed. He is now doing okay, asleep, clean, and healthy again.

When the matchmaker comes, I will choose to marry, and hopefully continue one more generation before I have to get back to classes.

I will have a picture of Dylan tomorrow. For now, here are his stats:

Hungry: ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Happy: ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Weight: 44 lb

See you tomorrow! Thanks again for reading!

Always,

I love your log! I'm in the same boat as you, actually. Haven't had time to unpause my Tama since school got crazy, but this week, seeing it was my Spring Break, I let my nostalgia get to me and unpaused my v4.5! I've definitely missed it, and I, too, feel bad if I'm a bad caretaker (softie). Anyways, love your writing and hope to hear more about your adventures.

Ah Tarakotchi - I used to see that character from time to time - especially when I wasn't able to give my V1 consistent care! I kind of like him anyway :)

If you go to G2 (an even generation) you won't be able to get Hanatchi or Kuchipatchi (they're both only odd gen characters on the V1) - but Robotchi/Androtchi is cute, right? (and as for Gozarutchi, what's not to like?!)

Good Luck :)

I love your log! I'm in the same boat as you, actually. Haven't had time to unpause my Tama since school got crazy, but this week, seeing it was my Spring Break, I let my nostalgia get to me and unpaused my v4.5! I've definitely missed it, and I, too, feel bad if I'm a bad caretaker (softie). Anyways, love your writing and hope to hear more about your adventures.
Thank you! :) I'm glad you like my log! My caretaking has been so bad this last day and a half. I've just been so lazy and in my mind I'm like..."Eh, he can survive while I'm busy for a few minutes, right?" Then a few minutes turns into an hour and then more hours and a whole day and etc... haha. Thanks for reading, though. Hopefully I can get back on top of my game. :lol:

Ah Tarakotchi - I used to see that character from time to time - especially when I wasn't able to give my V1 consistent care! I kind of like him anyway :)

If you go to G2 (an even generation) you won't be able to get Hanatchi or Kuchipatchi (they're both only odd gen characters on the V1) - but Robotchi/Androtchi is cute, right? (and as for Gozarutchi, what's not to like?!)

Good Luck :)
I love when Tarakotchi shakes his butt and makes happy faces while bobbing around on the screen. He's a spunky little guy.

And I do love Robotchi! I don't get him a lot either. I can't seem to find the right balance between perfect care and terrible care to achieve those characters. Gozarutchi is definitely cute too, I used to get him a lot!

So I may or may not have been gone for a day... (shh it's okay lol)

Anyway, yesterday I was busy again, but can you blame me on spring break? Dylan has been okay, just some delays in cleaning his messes and he did get sick once yesterday. He did go to sleep with some poops beside him, but I just couldn't let that happen for a second time, so I woke him up and fixed that. We've not been exercising or playing games at all recently. In my defense, he's already turned into an adult, so his weight won't affect the character. Besides - I'd rather him be happy and large than sick and small and unhappy.

So far, today has been a drag for the both of us. I think I am going out later tonight, but I don't think I will be so busy as to have to pause Dylan for long periods of time. It's very rainy today. It was perfect weather yesterday, so my boyfriend and I spent time driving around town and exploring nature and watching sunsets. I love days like that - they are very relaxing. It's such a nice break from classes that I never want it to end. I'm just not a very college oriented person and not very school spirited. It's just not my cup of tea - I'd rather be outside or playing music or creating art than going to college and doing chemistry. I'm not in college for what I love to do, but that's a different story for a different day. I don't particularly enjoy the college that I attend either, so I'm REALLY dreading going back. But summer is just two months away! That means I can come back and log again after I finish.

That's about it for today, I have a picture of Dylan and his stats today! I'm not sure at what age or time after turning into an adult the matchmaker comes, but hopefully it will be soon!

Training: 4

Weight: 75 lb

As always, thanks for reading guys! I hope you all have a great day and weekend!

Always,

Hi guys!

I hope you all have had a great week! Unfortunately, spring break has to end. This post will be my last one for some time, so it is kind of bittersweet to leave again even though I've not been back for long. It was fun coming back and starting up a Tamagotchi and I'm sure I will do it again soon! I have about two months of classes left, so here's to hoping I can get through it without having too many emotional breakdowns about whether or not I'm going to pass most of my classes...

What's really no fun about it is that, though I'm supposed to graduate this semester, I don't have all the requirements for my degree. That means I will have to either take summer classes, or go another semester. :(

Either way, I look forward to talking to you guys again in the near future. I hope to have lots of adventures this summer and I will be sure to come back and check in!

As for Dylan, today is his last day with me. He didn't get a chance to meet with the matchmaker, so he will go into hibernation until I can come back and download him again. He has lived a content life, save for a few times he wasn't being looked after... but what can ya do. I enjoyed my time with him and I will miss him! He's just dancing around on the screen now, bobbing up and down and making the occasional kissy face at me. I regret turning him off, I really do.

Here he is today blowing kisses. I'll assume they're goodbye kisses... :)

His stats for today:
Training: 4
Weight: 99 lb
That's it for me, guys! Thank you to everyone who took the time to read my log and follow it throughout the week. Until next time...

Always,

Latest posts

Back